What does 2003 mean 4 dance?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, Jan 6, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Guest

Badmarsh and Shri are wicked they played a big thing in Roundhay park!
  2. bellini

bellini

ok...i dont knw what it is about that style of music that i dont like, but i just dont like it

some ppl....points?missed?
  3. Allie

Allie Registered User

Re: What does 2003 mean 4 dance?

Not again, surely? :eek:

For Christ's sake, this tune's been released twice now. Yeah it's good (or was), but it's been round, came back and been round again. Releasing it again will just make it die a death. They won;t even get any decent remixers in either, all they'll do is release "Tim Deluxe's Other Club Mix" and "Bushwacka!'s 367th Remix, That Sounds Exactly The Same As All The Other Ones Of This Tune He's Done"

'So Much Love' is going to go commercially massive, which I can't say makes me very happy. Walked past Legends the night I played Cybertribe and heard this tune blasting out :cry:

What does 2003 mean for Dance music? I'm not sure. I don;t think anybody can predict anything to be honest. What with all the surprises we've had over the past few years.
    I do, however, think that the day of the superclub has passed, and there's now (eventually!) going to be much mroe competition between the better nights.
    I'm hoping that the likes of Ian Van Dahl, Lasgo, etc continue to tear up the charts, because to be honest it's only doing us a favour. Pushing dance culture more and more underground, which filters all the crap out of the scene.
  4. CheekyMonkey

CheekyMonkey Registered User

To be honest, I was only taking the piss :rolleyes: I knew what you were getting at but just thought I'd be pedantic:)
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Re: Re: What does 2003 mean 4 dance?

How? I've never understood this theory.

in 2000 charva trance was ryfe, as was pure trance... they go hand in hand as charva gets more popular - outsiders get tuned into trance (even at a charva level) and eventually progress to the likes of hardwick helping the scene grow.

I don't get how it forces the scene underground though? If rock music takes off then yes it pushes the scene underground as a lot of fahion followers will jump ships leaving only the more passsionate fans.
  6. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Trance... underground, i dont think!
  7. mr. brook

mr. brook Registered User

i hope funky gets bigger!! it needs to happen!
  8. bellini

bellini

hehe...ok i knw i snapped abit!
  9. Simon Stuart

Simon Stuart Registered User

more crossover phatness.

Electric Six in at number one? Gotta b a good thing!
  10. Allie

Allie Registered User

Re: Re: Re: What does 2003 mean 4 dance?

Because as you pointed out, a lot of people will jump on the bandwagon and follow whatever's cool.
    If commercial trance (some ofwhich is actually an evolution of Happy Hardcore if you look at some of the Producers) happens to be 'cool' at the time, people are going to follow that.
    These people, however, then tend not to like proper trance, or house, or prog, or whatever, and would prefer to go to clubs like Ikon over Promise, etc.
    Places like Ikon are also the venue for novelty clubbers. They go out, they get drunk, they pull (Well it aint hard in Ikon!), they have a good night, they hear music they've heard on Galaxy or whatever.
    If, however, commercial dance went Pete Tong, and clubs like Ikon were forced to close, places like Promise would then become home to the novelty clubber, as they do every Mad Friday (Last Friday before Christmas).