Was Jules Any Good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon Mack, Jan 18, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. GoalKing

GoalKing Registered User

Since i seem to have been the only one who was sober i'll tell you what happened then :D Jules mixed a good balanced set which i enjoyed.. the Robocop sample went down well and i was dancing my arse off till 2:30 when Jules finished his set - the song came to an end and Jules had a standing ovation for a quality set - then Richard entertained us till 3:10.. totally ignoring the bouncers!! :D
    I spent the early part of the night introducing Dancing Girl to the few of you I came across in the club -we did have a quality meet-up before hand which i gotta thank you all for turning up and putting the faces to the names.. was an excellent night :)

Rach - gotta say you're quality meeting in person! .. no matter what anyone says you're exactly what you say on the tin, can't meet a more genuine person :D
  2. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

didnt like jules really.....solstice and the new human evolution tunes being the highlight.

stayed upstairs for alot of the night. hed Kandi was CLASS!
    good work mark for getting them in!!!!
    MORE FUNKY!
  3. jug

jug

jules can't help it

he is shit. probably the best bloke on radio one on a saturday nite. but nothing else. how crap

oh actually he is a good cook. once my mate 'dave' went camping in the yorkshire dales with jules. he can't put up a tent but he does a mean bbq. they ate burgers and sausages, in a bun, with red sauce, on a paper plate. the tent was dark blue with a hole in the top. can't u just see it

oh no sorry, that was someone else:spangled: :monkey:
  4. dj tino

dj tino

Re: jules can't help it

eh??! :confused:
  5. Glitter Angel

Glitter Angel Registered User

Re: jules can't help it

WTF????
  6. jug

jug

well ok i'm been a bit harsh to julesy. he was ok. think i'm just pissed off coz it was too busy to dance without touching 3 strangers at once. and i noticed many new faces, and fewer familiar ones than usual. but i guess that's the sign of a true 'superstar dj'. lots of complete nuggets who go to see the judge coz he's so well know. bet half the people there wouldn't even know who tissera is and they won't b there next week. good job too.
  7. kid

kid Registered User

did Jules play the original drum and bass mix of Goldtrix - tripping?

im sure i can remember him playing it!
  8. Glitter Angel

Glitter Angel Registered User

wtf was with ure story bout the tent tho??

:confused: :confused:
  9. jug

jug

its time i told u about my brick

*it all started*
    a long time ago, in a far away land, called dubai, i was walking along the beach when i found a green brick. i'd never seen a green brick before so i thought "hey look at that green brick". i took it home and put it on my bedside table. that nite i had terrible nightmares and when i woke up the brick was gone. the only clue as to what happened was a green mark in my right ear.

*the next day*
    i'm noticing something strange, my thoughts are random, my actions questionable, my parents suspicious and worst of all still no sign of the brick

*the present day*
    that brick is still stuck in there, we've made friends over the years. i call it greenbrick, but i sometimes call it bricky or just brick. it depends how much sleep i've had.

the point is that i'm unable to talk any sort of sense until i can find the keeper of the blue brick. i'll never know for definate if i've found my blue counterpart but when we touch i will become a red brick master. this is the best possible brick to be. i'd like that to happen but unfortunately i need a special friend to help me find the keeper of the blue brick. i lost that special friend at the global gathering. shit
  10. dj tino

dj tino

Re: its time i told u about my brick

r-right?! aall understood now! :rolleyes: :confused: :p
  11. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I'll ignore the gibberish spurted by the rookie... :(

Was quality to see Promise that rammed.

I thought Jules played exactly what every1 expected him to play... a standard julesy set.... Aint really my cuppa but did love the little bit of breakbeat he played :D Also thought his tunage was very suited to the crowd that came.... any1 who's complainin is erm slightly retarded... he played a julesy set - I don't go to andy farley and expect a trance set so why go to julesy and expect anytthying but a julesy set?

Only quible was all those samples :eek: jesus christ never heard so many movie quotes rammed into 1 set :D
  12. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

Re: its time i told u about my brick

far too much KerAzY RaNdOm stuff in one post. you'll go far.
  13. rachel

rachel Registered User

well thats no fucking reson to say that he's crap n shit is it u penis....??!! its not his fucking fault that he pulls a crowd that isnt to ur liking is it....??!! :evil: xx
  14. rachel

rachel Registered User

hehehe!! thanks!! :) xxx