tunes from crasher

Discussion in 'Music' started by bigdave, Aug 28, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Lee Foster

Lee Foster Dark Magician of Chaos

Hi DJ Paul,

Glad you enjoyed the CD mate. I'll make sure you get all future Zeniths, since I will always dish out 400+ to the local clubbers.

All the best

Lee!
  2. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

armin played troy then chicane about 10.10...you'll av still been in sundis silly!!!
  3. Allie

Allie Registered User

Nothing about not looking mate. I scour the earth to find the cream of Progressive and House music. Just prefer the versatility of House Music. I mean, each to their own, but I prefer the way you can build house music from a smooth, chugging ambience to a pulsating technological mass, whilst maintaining the true beauty that is the sound that started it all.

Metaphorically speaking, of course ;)
  4. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

then why u on here when promise is mainly a trance driven club?
  5. Lee Foster

A line often crossed...

If you correctly research your music history, you will find that House music did not start it all, it was merely a small branch in an ever widening tree.

Look up the Cabaret Voltaire, and see how the true sound of innovative music began.

The line between 'progressive trance and trance' is a fine one that is often crossed by DJ's, producers, trainspotters and 'know-it-alls'

Good music should be played from the heart, not the set play lists of record labels. You are what you play, if you are true to your style.

I say this without metaphor.

Lee!
  6. Allie

Allie Registered User

If I correctly researched my music's history? OK then, I think I'll do that. I think if you researched my music's history, the sound taht brought everything together and made everything go boom was House.

Whoever asked about me being on Promise...

I came onto the Promise website to look up stuff about DJs like Corvin Dalek and Matt Hardwick that I'd been hearing a lot about recently. Checked out as much of their stuff as I could and they seemed cool. Spotted the board and thought I'd check it out.
    I am also starting to get a taste for the harder things in life, although the smoothness that is house music is where my heart will always lie. Promise also used to have the cream of the world's progressive talent, before it changed its policy. I remember looking at flyers and seeing the names of DJs I respect highly.

If you'd read my earlier posts, you would've discoverd that I play a very wide range of house-orientated music, generally maintianing the progressive sound. From Prog breaks though tribal and tech house to prog trance and percussive techno. A true set built with feeling and emotion is built with sound, not name ;)
  7. Congay

Congay Registered User

HOUSE IS HOUSE IS THE HOUSE IS THE HOUSE!
  8. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

cheers mate keep up the good work.
  9. Lee Foster

How tiresome...

If I research YOUR music history? How conceited you must be. How funny! I guess you must be over 100 years old then, and played avant garde experimental music in Paris, kicking every thing off in around 1904, personally. You must share your secret of eternal life and your massive contribution to ‘music history’ I look forward to a brief chronology of your ‘achievements’ over the years’

What has your earlier posts got to do with the evolution of house? That is one of the most arrogant statements I have ever read on the board.

You are obviously an idiot.

Lee!
  10. Allie

Allie Registered User

"If you correctly research YOUR music history"

ahem.

And wtf did it have to do with Pilly Phil? Erm... nowt, that's what. Phil, why do you agree that I'm an idiot? Because you have your tongue so far up Lee's arse to see any different? Thought so ;)
  11. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

this thread has gone way off.
    no wonder ppl are scared of posting in the music forum, every1 should stop arguing, bitching and knit-picking ffs!
  12. Allie

Allie Registered User

13. Lee Foster

I'll spell it out...

Ahem, it is obvious to any one, with a shred of intelligence, that when I said 'research your music history', I was referring to the factual historical development of global music. Why on earth would I ask you to delve into your personal music history for an answer as to where genre evolution came from?

Are you that big headed, that you consider your personal experience the most important factors in relevant music history?

How funny!

A thread allows freedom of choice for people’s opinions, or is this something that frightens you? Can Phil not post his opinion, if it should differ from yours?

Also, sit down and try to come up with new 'Phil & Lee insults', as the current crop are getting rather boring, a bit like you.

Lee!
  14. Allie

Allie Registered User

Funny? You may find that the only humourous thing about this is the fact that you actually take it seriously.
    I'm unintelligent? This is the part that shows you really do not know me.
    We could argue like this for days, weeks, months, or however long you would like it to last, but that still does not change the fact that I have never met you, I will probably, of hopefully, never meet you, and the fact that we have no influence on the running of eachothers lives.
    You seem to like insulting me, which may be jealousy, or may be a pathetic attempt to compensate for your own inadequacies. Which I'm guessing are physical ;)

I don't see need to comment on this matter anymore.
  15. Lee Foster

Dear me...

Serious? This is a laugh.

Why you mention the fact that we have not met is beyond me, perhaps you do not understand what we were discussing, which was music evolution, and the research to see where house evolved from.

As for being jealous, and trying to compensate for my physical inadequacies, that is the funniest thing I have heard all year.

It seems I have struck a raw nerve with issues you seem to struggle with.

Good luck with sorting your head out kiddo.

Lee :)
  16. mr. brook

mr. brook Registered User

hey guys put ur handbags away. who cares where music came from, its there 2 b listened to, so shurrup and go listen to it rather than argueing about it.

there'll be no trouble here....
  17. Lee Foster

What what what...?

This is a local board, for local people!

How the hell will I carry my small box of useless items if I put my hand bag away?

Lee;)
  18. Allie

Allie Registered User

The relevance in mentioning that we have never met comes in logically when commenting on the fact that you obviously take this far too seriously.
    You did hit a nerve, which is partially because of the fact that I'm overly-sensitive, and partially because I do not take very much to being called unintelligent by people who do not know me.
    I'm glad I was able to make you laugh ;) And I would love to stay and continue this battle of wits with you, but you're quite obviously unarmed ;)
  19. mr. brook

Re: What what what...?

ask, allie, his seems to still have his out.
  20. Lee Foster

Satisfy my curiosity...

Define unarmed.

Lee
  21. mr. brook

Re: Satisfy my curiosity...

u have no arms, durr.