The Vactican has been done out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lee, Jun 9, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

1. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

i cant believe they looted nazi stolen gold deposits.
  2. Freddy Flintoff

Freddy Flintoff WE MISS YOU JOHN

I can, the church turned against it own morals thousands of years ago, you cant have an organisation run by man kind that is not gonna suffer from corruption and the church is RIFE with corruption
  3. M.C.E

M.C.E 1981-2013

The pope is Bavarian is he not?
  4. Lee

isnt bavaria still a german state, or was back then?

quote from website

With an area of 70,553 km² (27,241 square miles) and 12.4 million inhabitants, the Free State of Bavaria (German Bayern or Freistaat Bayern) forms the southernmost of the 16 states of Germany. Its capital is Munich.

taken from http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Bavaria#Geography
  5. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

ever heard of inciting religious hatred you thick piece of shit?

I bet it was someone like you who pissed on the Koran at Gauntanamo :rolleyes:

You may not believe in it but at the end of the day other people do and feel very strongly about it.

I'm not a practising catholic but I find that offensive.

As for all the stupid statements you're making - the church did not actively encourage the nazi regime, it remained NEUTRAL throughout the war, it did not encourage nor oppose the actions of the german state.

If they had openly spoken out it would have done little to swing the opinion inside germany and would have probably turned the public against catholicism in the same way hitler did against the jews.

You and Lee need to stop reading The Sun :rolleyes:
  6. Freddy Flintoff

No i was simply pointing out that dissing a religion is NOT racism yes it may be wrong but its NOT racism it has nothing to do with race, its to do with belifes, that was my point
  7. Freddy Flintoff

and if you belive they remained netral during the way your WAY out Itlay was occupied by the Nazis and so was the vatican and Pope Pius at the time was a nazi sympothiser its VERY well documented in history i have read many documents about it
  8. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

There are just as many documents and books supporting the opposing view.

Taken from the page i quoted earlier:

"Vatican documents do not indicate a guarded pro-Nazism or a supreme priority of opposition to the Soviet Union. Nor do they reveal a particular indifference to the fate of Jews, let alone hostility toward them.

Rather, the Vatican's communications, along with other evidence, suggest a resolute commitment to its traditional policy of reserve and conciliation. The goal was to limit the global conflict where possible and above all to protect the influence and standing of the Church as an independent voice.

Continually apprehensive of schisms within the Church, Pius strove to maintain the allegiance of Catholics in Germany, in Poland, and elsewhere. Fearful too of threats from the outside, the Pope dared not confront the Nazis or the Italian Fascists directly."

And quoting from Lee's page:

" The Vatican diplomatic framework could have worked more effectively during WWII, in terms of showing concern for the victims of the conflict. Pius himself is responsible for the fact that it was not so, for he did not stretch that diplomacy to its limits. An attitude of prudence and reserve, and the constant desire to not tread on anyone’s toes, in particular Germanys’, threw a spanner into the works of the Vatican diplomacy system, and rendered it identical to all other existing frameworks…"

If Pius had spoken out against the Nazi's whilst they occupied Rome, he would have been taken and shot, just like everyone else who did :rolleyes:
  9. Lee

doing or saying nothing in that situation is just as bad. the complete lack of condemnation against nazism is disturbing
  10. Lee

:lol: even hitler was not stupid enough to shoot the leader of over billion catholics
  11. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

It doesn't make him a nazi, or a supporter of the german regime.

Think before you type :rolleyes:
  12. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Really? There are confirmed and accurate accounts of German Catholic priests who openly spoke out against the regime being shot or sent to concentration camps.

What makes you think they wouldn't do the same to the Pope when they're occupying the vatican? :rolleyes:
  13. Freddy Flintoff

Jesus this was the church, the moral right or wrong in the 1940's and they did not stand up and sperak AGAINT millions of people being killed, he should have spoken out, he should have feld Italy, But no he got RICH with nazi loot and this is PROVEN fact....

As for me reading the sun i cant stand tabliods i read the independant and gaurdian, I ahve to say people have a very narrow minded view of the church i have been reading up both side for many years now and im totally shocked and appauled with the way they have behaved in ammasing personal weath and supressing the common man over the years, its a DISCRACE
  14. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

thick c*nts they intoduced a new law today outlawing shit like this.

religious hatred or insults now carry the same penalties as they would if the basis was race.
  15. Lee

looting stolen jewish gold isnt exactly supporting the jewish cause.

neither is not condeming the actions of genocide.

being opposed to the allied invasion of europe can have been in the best interests of those under german occupation can it.

also the fact that there were catholics in the vatican who encouraged the actions of the nazis.

i'll try and find out the name of the documentary.
  16. Freddy Flintoff

Its still NOT racism, I feel i have the right to tlak about how religions have caused many deaths a pain ove rthe years, am i meant to ignore this fact ???
  17. Lee

exactly, supressing the right to talk openly about atrocities commited by any faith goes against moral duties and freedom of speech.

i made that picture cos i thought it was funny as fuck. if your a god botherer i can see why youd get pissed off. but simply denying the fact the church had no dealing with nazis is pure ignorance.

do you think they stumbled upon the nazi gold while out for a walk?
  18. Freddy Flintoff

some nazi his it in a bush then the pope found it while having a wee
  19. Lee

infact i will reserve the right to joke about religion cos religion itself is a fucking joke.
  20. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

that pretty much speaks volumes about the level of intelligence both you and Lee posess.

If I added your IQs together I might get into double figures :rolleyes: