That MIGHTY Magpie...

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Gary Proud, Dec 20, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

Newcastle won't go back down straight away... nor will they finish above Sunderland straight away.

DOUBLE FACT!!!
  2. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

If they keep Bent this season I fully agree, if he gets tapped up this summer there knackered.
  3. graham

graham Registered User

Martin Waghorn - on loan at Leicester with a goals to games ratio just about as good as Carroll's in the championship this year.

Carroll - 15 in 29

Waghorn - 11 in 24

And hes a few years younger, would take him over Carroll any day :up:
  4. graham

graham Registered User

:lol: :lol:
  5. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

6. james909

james909 Registered User

Jones always seems shite when i have seen him, my mate who are sunderland fans don't rate him either that much this season.

27 goals in 92 starts is about 1 in 3 so it not bad a ratio i for the prem at all.

In the championship he scored 22 in 78 so about 1 in 4

Carroll 16 in 37 in the championship so better than 1 in 3 plus carroll is younger so i know who i would have he has a good work rate and sets up goals as well.

I leeds fan anyway just giving my own view

If waghorn is so good you could of done with him back at the club this season or least loaned him to us,is he a local lad from sunderland
  7. graham

graham Registered User

In the championship though he played centre half until his last season at Southampton, when he scored 22 goals playing up front.

Hes inconsistent to be fair, though on his day he is a match for most centre forwards in the Prem take the top 4/5 out of the equation.

There have been some games this year when he has frustrated me more than anyone, though theres also some games when he has won matches for us almost single handedly by bullying defences with his pace and power. Hes also a great foil for Bent by allowing him to play off Jones which has brought out the best in Bent as well.

Waghorn is wicked - heres hoping that him and Jack Colback can have the same impact that Henderson has done this year after spending last year at Coventry.

You lot could probably do with him like at the moment ;) would love to see you lot get back in the championship and the Prem tbh - much rather have a 'proper' club like Leeds up there than a Wigan or a Hull :up:
  8. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

This man talks sense! Very well put for a non-Magpie.

Im hopeful that Best reaches his potential over the summer and gets a place in the team next season...very hopeful!
  9. james909

james909 Registered User

That explains his heading ablility then, i don't watch sunderlnad as closely as the mags (my lass surports them), and he if he is the reason bent is scoring so many them maybe i have been quick to judge his ability as bent has proved a lot of his critics wrong this year.

My post are more a reaction to TechnoFish's blind hated of any newcastle player (just like his love of any ethnic group).

I do feel though if carroll has come on loads this season and is a real handfull for defenders and can score goals on the volley with his head and one on one which is rare for a young tall big man, though nail quinn did it enough for you's.

As for leeds we need to get back cohension play snodgrass behind beckford unitill becchio is fit again and make more use of max gradle we have a talented squad but are players all lost form at the same time after we beat Man u.

Its seems like greyson does not have a plan B or C if we have injurys a bit like you lot really lets just hope we hit a run again and get out of this awful division and no more millwall games.
  10. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

AC 14 goals in 34
    Waggy 11 in 38

You have to take sub games into consideration as goals have been scored when they have come on as a sub.
  11. TheSpence

Haway man Lav your talking shite. He went on loan to Sheff Wed as striker which was well before his last year at the Saints. I remember Deakin banging on about him duringhis time at Sheff Wed.

He did play as defender but then he played as a striker before that: http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/player-pool.html?view=playerprofile&id=236
  12. graham

graham Registered User

:lol:

His first season as a full time striker for Southampton was the year before we signed him, he scored 16 goals that year (not 22 as i said earlier that was from memory) though he had definitely been playing centre half for them before that. Not sure where he played for Sheff Wed though...
  13. Willa

Willa Registered User

Come back when you've seen Scumberland play in Europe.

Thanks for your time.
  14. TheSpence

He joined the Saints in 2004 & was loaned to SW in 2004 he scored 7 goals in 7 games. He was a striker when they loaned him or the SW manager at the time took a punt on a Southampton reserve CB & then played him upfront which would show a shrewd eye for the SW manager:wink:
  15. ZeGermens

ZeGermens I Am A Fucking Hero

Like i said not a dig at you mate :)
  16. Willa

Willa Registered User

You fucking Mug.
  17. james909

james909 Registered User

Just to be inpartial come back when you seen your team beat Man u to the title.

Come back when you have seen your team reach the Champion league's semi Final.

Come back when you have seen your team lose 3 nill to watford in the play off final.

Come back when you have seen you team beat Man u at Old Trafford when your two Divisions Lower than them.

Come back when you see have seen your team blow a ten point lead at christmas leading the division , actual you have just like us.

Its all swings and round abouts.
  18. TheSpence

Some others sound canny but would not want to do any of those though.
  19. Willa

Willa Registered User

Come back your fucking relevant.
  20. james909

james909 Registered User

Relevant to what.

The fact that the you can't see the joke in your own post and don't have the intelligence to actualy discuss football with out playground insults.

Grow up.

We beat Man u this year so thats pretty relevant.