Shindig 18: Sasha & Guy J @ Digital Newcastle - Friday 11th June

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Neil B, May 5, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

seriously what the fuck is that supposed to mean? :lol:
  2. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

*cough* - [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uber"]Ãœber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
  3. MELT

MELT Registered User

it means in the grand scheme of things that your part of the "scene" is tiny

but you are deluded as to the importace at how "good taste" your music is versus the rest of us ...it can be likened to the liberals who despite doing SHIT in the election polling 5 fewer seats than last time seem to think that they are somehow important

that is all
  4. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

I dont really care what anyone else thinks about my taste in music to be honest, or my part in the 'scene'. I just enjoy listening to music i like and going out clubbing and getting pissed up and occasionally getting wrecked with my mates. I do however think you are a proper cock who gives it the big one at every opportunity
  5. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Melt, the sheer arrogance of your posts suggests that you actually (quite amusingly) consider yourself The Godfather of the Newcastle club scene. You've been putting on nights sporadically for a few years yes, but it's plain stupid to think that by doing that you have the God given right to criticise absolutely EVERYTHING that doesn't fall under the genre of 'music' that you want to hear.

The criticism of a group of lads who have been running nights CONTINUOUSLY for nearly 18 years because they have the word 'Pioneer' on their flyer does nothing but make you look like a jealous unprofessional who refuses to give credit where it's due.

I thought people got wiser in their old age. Then I suppose a lot of people get stuck in the past as well.
  6. MELT

MELT Registered User

I aint criticising shindig for their musical direction lol - what they do is mint

for the record and to be clear in this thread what I am saying and I suggest you read this carefully so you understand it now - is ....

(i) i am not a fan of associating branded electronic equipment with club nights, thats my opinion i am entitled to it!

(ii) i am also saying that (what i thought were gareth) change designs last 2 flyer / poster efforts aren't as good as the previous work - again my opinion i am entitled to it!

*** when i said "SASHA - great booking" - that is clearly giving credit where it is due ----clearly you do not read the threads properly

now clearly I think you have been consuming too much plant food inside the lock up "in a secret industrial setting" for 150 people

so maybe instead of trying to rip vice for their lineups and poster artwork you should brush up on your reading and english comprehension skills

this is brought to you in association with "flyers and posters we can read" (c)

:fart:
  7. MELT

MELT Registered User

I think you probably got bullied at school

:tits:

giving it the big one as you put it is merely to increase thread bumpage...most people...even dave stone realised that many many many rave moons ago
  8. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

i dont think it does you any favours though, even if there was someone on at one of your nights that i wanted to see i wouldnt go on general principle cos i think your a wanker
  9. adam.

adam. kthxbi

what flyers does gareth do like?
  10. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

Hello Dave :)

I'm afraid your information is incorrect again as Gareth has not been doing our flyers since September last year....

I assume that is you on the latest Detox flyer...?
  11. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

i would have defo been the one that made your life a misery if we were at school together like
  12. MELT

MELT Registered User

its a fair point

oh dear i have lost 12.50 :facepalm:

i think there a lot of wankers who run nights but that would never stop me going to a venue to see an act I wanted to see

I mean i dont like the way that digital have newcastles club scene more or less sown up but if the likes of carl cox or sasha are on it wouldnt stop me going to see them if i hadnt seen them for like 2 or 3 years even tho i have had huge rucks with dave stone on this board and other 1s

we will have to agree to disagree "mate"

:cool2:
  13. MELT

MELT Registered User

danny you damn well need to get gereth back then

apologies to the change design man!!!!!!

i cant help if theres a striking resemblance to the current detox flyer portrait and me good self

:wink::wink::wink:
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

nar not really ...i never attended school

:wink:
  15. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

it doesnt show..
  16. MELT

MELT Registered User

you do realise that was a blatent lie

I think you would be truely surprised at my academic background

:)
  17. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Oh dear, David jumps in with both feet...and fails again!

I assume that the 150 people warehouse party comment was in reference to Jaunt? I was in attendance (you'll be sorry to hear that I wasn't taking plant food), but I have absolutely no say in the running of the night, therefore have had no input on the design or content of the flyers. I would argue that they are a hell of a lot better than the clipart dross that you churn out though.

And so the self-proclaimed Godfather of the Newcastle club scene fails again.
  18. MELT

MELT Registered User

it is not a case of what is better or worse

the point of a flyer / poster is that it tells you where it is, and what date it is

if it doesnt do that there really is no point.

i suggest you go back to the vice thread for your fishing

:dongcopter:
  19. Stephen

Stephen the reel master

thanks for an interesting read.

it's been 5 years since i last saw sasha, so i'm looking forward to this a lot..
  20. Mamb0

Mamb0 A pleasurable journey

Are we still on the Global Underground thing Melt?

We try and do what you say, being the Don and stuff - venues that are out of the ordinary, something different for the people of Newcastle and you shoot us down again...?

Basically what I'm trying to say is, all we want to do is please you but you seem to contradict yourself... shall I put myself on the front of my flyer too (nice one btw Danny).

I could say a lot about your night too but what's the point, I respect the fact that it does have it's own following and that's fair enough, I don't like the art work personally but can see why people do. I'm even coming to watch Rossy play at Detox on Saturday although I'm fully aware of the sights, sounds, flesh and outrageous odorous smells I'll encounter but I'm open to it all. I don't wish for any backlash and don't want you to bullet point what I've said.

I'd never expect you to come to Jaunt but surely slagging our artwork and what we do when you've never been down is only cheating yourself. Your making yourself appear, in fact, very closed minded and hypocritical. For us it doesn't really get much better than a party for 150 people, far away from prying eyes and absolutely off our tits on plantfood - bliss.

[​IMG]

So leave us alone you cunt cos your boring :wink: (patronising wink not a safety wink)