Raver dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSpence, Jul 28, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Guest

Grass the fucking scum up!

I have no mates who are car thieves! u need to look at ur mates.
  2. El Maracca

El Maracca Registered User

but the punishment is not harsh enough for em. most of em couldnt give a fuck if they go to prison for a few month. for alot of em i imagine its like a holiday. bring back the death penalty i say. that'd stop the fuckers. only have to make an example of one and you'd soon see how many people change their ways :)
    not for car theft of course but for murder etc.
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Who are you to tell me to look at my mates?

Fuck off back to darrass hall or whatever toffee nosed estate you were brought up on. Just because I disgaree with someones actions it doesn't mean I'm going to disown them... I like to think I have a little more depth than that.

I distance myself from them yes - but I don't grass on them and I certainly don't disown them... Your a bunch of superficial hypocritical cretins.. I'm sorry like Jeff I have no faith in the law... Just the other week my mate got £2000 worth of stereo nicked from his car the police didn't even finger print it (or check the cctv from the car park), one of my dads shops got broken into he supplied the police with the name and address of the bloke that did it again nothing happened.

Tell me what good would grassing up my friends do?

Fucking hell you lot must set your alarms for crimewatch in the hope that one day you can actually grass on some poor bugger... But that'll never happen as non of your mates would ever even return a library book late.... toffs :p
  4. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

ffs! there is nothing fucking wrong with grassing on someone, when they are doing something illegal. would you prefer someone who had information on an attack of a family member not to come forward as he was too scared, or it was a mate who he didn't want to see go down, or would you rather the person had the balls to step up and confront the criminal by testifying???

i question your judgement on this issue massively, how can you justify doing nothing about crime?
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

There is a big difference between a bunch of nobs nicking cars and an attack of a family member.

This is what I don't understand you quite easily seperate crime which you or your friends are involved in (drug dealing) from more evil crimes like rape or murderer, yet you can't do this with car crime, car theft isn't in the same league as murder or rape.

I'm simply saying in my eyes loyalty comes above grassing on a long term friend who steals cars... If I found out he'd raped a girl it would be a completely different story... But he doesn't he steals cars and I don't think me grassing on him would achieve fuck all.
  6. Guest

:lol:

I was brought up in Lemington and moved to pont later on! I will "grass" up anyone mate or not if there nicking out! I was brought up with STEALING IS WRONG, and as im a good catholic boy thats what i'll do.

got any smack?
  7. Jess C

Jess C Tookie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. confuzzled

i tolerate friends supplying others with recreational drugs. i'm not ashamed to say i even took drugs when i was younger. however i would not tolerate someone actively selling drugs, such as crack smack etc... big difference imo.

surely you can see the difference in magnitude between the crime of a friend selling another a few pills, and someone stealing a car?
  9. Jess C

Jess C Tookie

I bet every1 in here has done sumthing illegal once in their lives, If every1 grassed every1 up where wud we all b :rolleyes: ? I know stealing a car is a bit more serious but i wud rather not get involved because if i did i wud get a good harsh beating cos sum1 wud find out it was you who grassed up
  10. JockB

JockB Registered User

Confuzzled would you grass someone up for selling chipped TV digital cards? or stolen goods - clothes etc?

As I know people who have bought them in the past ;) lol
  11. confuzzled

most people speed in their cars everyday....

i think the point up for discussion here is not whether people should grass on others, but what crimes do we actually find acceptable to turn a blind eye too.

none of us would turn a blind eye to murder / rape etc.. however car crime seems to be a point were people have differing views. it all comes down to the individual and what they find acceptable behaviour, along with how they view the positives of 'grassing' someone up against any possible repercusions.
  12. El Maracca

not to the police. id prefer them to tell me then action would be taken to ensure the fucking twat didnt do it again. it would be alot more effective than putting him behind bars for a few month! :) and you might well say im no better than them but sometimes its all these people understand.

but i think basically it depends on the harshness of the crimes etc.
    i dont agree with stealing at all and have never done it but i also believe in loyalty to my old skool friends.
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

In your eyes theres a big difference as you've been involved with the drug scene, you try telling a nice village on some scottish island that recreational drugs are fine and they'll laugh at you.

This is my point.

If I were to grass on my mates this is what would happen.

1. I'd lose a friend.
    2. I'd take a beating.
    3. Nothing would change.
    4. He probably wouldn't even get nicked.
    5. Maybe he's introduced to smack or harder crimes in jail.

I know you say every crime deserves a punishment - but I don't believe this rehabilation is something we constantly fuck up, where as I know if he's out of jail I can have a positive impact in his life (even if its a just a few choice woirds), I know he isn't getting introduced to a much harder world of crime (which is often the case in jail), or too harder drugs like smack, etc.

Tell me what GOOD will come of grassing on my mate... As if I'm going to go against everything I believe in I'd like to think its for a just cause.
  14. El Maracca

it all depends on peoples experiences also that they've had in the past. parents upbringing etc. all have an impact on how we live our lives. imagine if you were not told what is right and what is wrong but merely given the options of what to do. what a strange world that would be :)
  15. confuzzled

don't believe the media bullshit about how all criminals come out smackheads and hardened crims, i spent the past year while @ university involved in a goverment funded project to try and develop better rehab for young offenders. i visited several prisons up and down the country. they are not pleasent, but they are certainly not schools of crime as the media would like us to believe.

talking to the inmates, you get a real sense that most of these kids realise they have fucked up, but they revert to type as soon as they get back out, i havn't got the answers to this problem but there are several schemes in place, to help those who find themselves in situations where they effectively live a 'life of crime' to escape it and rebuild it with good training opportunites. however if an individual doesn't want help, there is very little rehabilitation can do.

this poses real problems for me, do we give up on them and condemn them as career crims and let them spend their life in and out of the penal system? or do we try and change society as a whole for the better? make parents made responsible for their children, individuals to care and take a stand againt crime.

simply sitting back and taking the attitude that its too much hassle to get involved has allowed people to grow up believing they won't be caught, which is the crux of crime. you only commit a crime thinking you won't get caught, if people begin to believe they will be caught then you finally have a deterant. i'm fighting a losing battle.. but i believe in it so i don't care.

if everyone reported all the crimes they witnessed we might go some way to achieving this.

that is why you should report your mates if you witnessed them stealing a car.
  16. confuzzled

i'm off home to grass on some car thieves, can continue tomorrow if you like? :p
  17. El Maracca

i do see your point but surely you can see ours too :)
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

with car thieves I don't think getting caught is a deterrent, so regardless of whether you grass or not it wont make a difference... A lot of the younger car thieves will sit and wait for the coppers just for the chase... These aren't people who will be put off by a jail sentence.

I don't think jail is the answer for young car theives (most cra thieves are young), you obviously know far more than me about the penal system and ish, but imo the system aint worth shit when your dealing with petty criminals like car thieves and burglars.... Like you I don't have the answers but I'd guess it lies in giving them oppertunities not locking them up...
  19. confuzzled

jeff i do, i understand where you are coming from completely, i just disagree with the principles of it. :D
  20. confuzzled

i agree completey, they should still be charged for the crime though, otherwise how do you get rehabilitation to these people?

anyway i'm deffo off, i don't want to get stuck in rush hour traffic and i wanna go check my car is still there! :p