Prog......Sasha, Digweed, Deep Dish!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Simon L, May 11, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

1. JockB

JockB Registered User

What's pretty fucked up here is it's the members of the board / DJ's with the so called open minds and broad based musical opinions that are ripping prog and the GU style DJ's.

Green eyed monsters more like. :D

The same one's that rip into shindig for there bookings yet still go to the club :lol:
  2. charley6969

charley6969

Re: Re: Prog......Sasha, Digweed, Deep Dish!

well said craig, i aint heard much of digweed n sasha, but i listen to deep dish alot, got their toronto mix and their afterclub mixes, top cd's, aint even seen them live yet, defo gonna make the effort to see them
  3. Ross Ahmed

Ross Ahmed Registered User

I think Sasha and Digweed are hugely overated. They somehow managed to create a hysteria surrounding their name wherever they play.

I think people have tended to rate them by reputation as opposed to their music.

I can say is though, well done to them for being so succesful by playing boring prog
  4. Simon L

Simon L Registered User

:lol: :lol:
  5. CheekyMonkey

CheekyMonkey Registered User

In my view, (good) prog falls into two categories where it is acceptable: pre-club bar/warm up set or to get caned to. Love listening to Deep Dish in Moscow with a few:chill:

I used to like prog a lot when I first got into dance, went to Shindig few times etc, but it's not really music to dance to is it?
  6. JockB

JockB Registered User

Of course not, it's music for insmoniacs and boring people.
  7. CheekyMonkey

CheekyMonkey Registered User

Exactly!:up: :wink:
  8. blur

blur Registered User

oi, prog is ok, you just have to be in the right frame of mind :chill:
  9. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

theres nothing better to set the mood in a club than walking in to deep sounding prog, its great for starting the night off imo :)
  10. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

bedrock last night...

great night!steve gerrard i think played the warm up..and mixed some breaks/prog house/prog trance very well!he played some good ben lost/markus schulz sounding tunes!

when digweed came on his first few mixes were ok but nothing special considering it was him!then he totally fucked up a couple of them!he didn't look happy wit the set up though...so there could have been a problem there!

he played some good progy stuff...and there was more trancey sounding stuff than i thought there would be..then he went nails techno towards the end!sounded well good!

most of the people really dancing were try-hards who thought it was cool too...or students who just kept shouting 'john digweed' and dancing like my dad!

prog is definately music to nod to!:cool:
  11. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

The only people who dont seem to like Prog are people who expect to walk into a club and hear a "tune" .... or to be able to come out of one room, into the main room and start waffing it instantly.

Any prog fan will agree (i hope) that its all about the mix and the build.... rather than singular tracks (which most trance/hh fans tend not to do).
  12. Spiral

Spiral Registered User

I wouldnt av called it techno, more bass to it and energy
  13. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

it's all about the nod!

diggers was quality, nearly spat my drink out when he fucked up the two mixes though. i've never heard him do that ever, and i've followed him around for quite awhile now.

to all the prog bashers: fuck off and go listen to your wanky handbag shouty house and leave us to nod to our boring 'techie' music we'll all be much happier then.
  14. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Deep Dish used to bore the tits off me a few years back, so I avoided going to see them. However, I saw Dubfire at Shindig's birthday, and loved it. Last time I saw Digweed at Shindig he got pretty hard towards the end. I think a lot of it depends on your frame of mind at the time, what you want from a night out etc.

Still can't really get into breaks though. Perhaps I should have another listen.
  15. Rob

Rob Registered User

Totally, it's about 1 piece of music that's 2 hours long not 30 that are 5 mins.
  16. JockB

JockB Registered User

:lol: :lol: :up:

There's been no comment from the bandwagon crew. :D
  17. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

:up:

more important than what genre it was...it was good!:D
  18. Vin

Vin Registered User

I expect comments like we have had on this thread from some 16 year old hh monkey, who has never explored any musical avenues in his life.

But im shocked to see people whose opinion i normally hold in high regard just throwing aside a whole genre, and using such godawful arguments as "its boring".

I expect better from the likes of Jambon and Lister who are normally as open-minded musically as they come. I dont expect everyone to like everything, but poor comments on this thread.

Personally i couldnt listen to prog for 8 hours. I couldnt listen to any one style for that length of time. But nothing beats a beautifully built 4 or 5 hours of prog from the likes of Deep Dish/ Sasha/ Digweed/ Pappa/ Seaman/ Warren.

The Prog Nod = Best dance in clubland. ;)
  19. Spiral

Spiral Registered User

Agreed, the second hour was better than the first
  20. JockB

JockB Registered User

:up: :up: