Pointless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loopyloosy, Nov 23, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

andy I don't think you understand what faith is, until you understand this its hard to discuss this matter with you.

i just find it depressing that people like you feel its there duty to enforce their perception of the world onto others... you're like an evangelical athiest ;)
  2. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base

andy i thought u would hav learned by now JOE KNOWS ALL THERE IS 2 KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING, DONT DISAGREE WITH A WORD HE SAYS COZ HE CAN FIND STUFF ON GOOGLE 2 SHUT U UP FOR MINUTES
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

There is nothing on google, or anywhere else, that makes religious theories seem the likely means by which we entered this world.
  4. JIMI

he'll quote summit from sumwhere just u wait and see
  5. andy_rocks

Faith is belief in a religion. Religions present their theories as fact.

The Shia's and Sunni's continue to fight, differentiating themselves over interpretation of a point in their bible.
    The catholic church continues to preach to people in africa that condoms aren't effective in preventing the spread of HIV
    Children continue to die as their parents prevent them from having blood transfusions, for it is written
    Idiots on TV in the US continue to say that the 'cure for cancer' amongst other things is to 'eat fruit seeds'
    Atheists continue to be told they are morally inferior to the religious, and are essentially unelectable in the US.
    Leaders of democratic countries pray for advice aout starting wars, and then start them, whilst secular democracies (France) make the in my opinion correct decision to stay out.

I don't doubt that many good things are done in the name of religion, but the absurdity of the concepts involved in it as a literal description of life and history is mind-boggling.

I find it curious that the militant wings of religion prevent people from pouring scorn over, say, Islam in the same we do scientology and astrology, and we just accept it.

Even as a guide for morals, the old testament is a dreadful series of tales: what lesson is one supposed to draw from the destruction of sodom and gomorrah?
    Of God wanting Abraham to sacrifice his son?
    Of the massacre at Jericho? (and the studies showing a majority of Israeli children believing this to be justifiable in a modern sense)

These repulsive acts from the text which you claim provides a 'moral backbone'!! No wonder, therefore, when we indocrinate children with this that we perpetuate and cause wars and jealousy.
  6. JIMI

hang on massacre at jericho them walls came down by a blast of sum dudes trumpet
  7. andy_rocks

The massacre came after the walls came down and the children of god went in ;)

In goes our hero Joshua and slaughters everyone and all the animals.

There is no record of him apologising for 'collateral damage' after.

Here it is, Joshua 6.21:

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword."

Good job g-d later clarified that 'thou shalt not kill'.
  8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Very few religions present their theories as fact, most religions have learnt that presenting something as fact if theres the chance it could be disproved at later will result in people losing faith.

Most religions present there texts as poetic scripture which is open to personal interpretation... could you name me a religion that doesn't do this please.

:lol: they have been seperate sects since the prophet died?!?!? its nothing to do with interpretation - its warring nations.

While nestle tell african mothers that powder milk is a healthier option than breast milk and the tobacco companies fund the education system :rolleyes:

We all have the right to raise our children however we feel fitting Andy, this is something you need to learn to accept... You cant force your beliefs down the throat of someone else.

What is the cure for cancer andy?

:lol: who is the one calling who inferior in this discourse andy?

:lol: are you seriously suggesting that France objection was because they're secular (and not because they had invested interest in Iraq) and that the coalition went to war because g-d told them (and not the oil companies)?

Yeah we've really accepted it, the west never criticises or goes to war with Islam :rolleyes:

Are we living on the same fucking planet?!?!?!

:lol: you've never read the Torah, how can you comment on its morality - but anyway:

Hashem destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah because they deprayved & greedy. If a child misbehaves, he is punished - its how children learn about morality... Man is no different.

Hashem asked for the sacrifice of Isaac to test Abraham, there was never the intention of an actual sacrifice.

The seige of Jericho was again rooted in morality, an immoral people was occupying a land that wasn't there's they were asked to leave and when they didn't Israel went to war.

You're such an arrogant and disrespectful little cunt, I find your arrogance 'repulsive' - you have taken 3 of the most extreme cases of the bible out of context to support your jumped up ideas.
  9. Yosef Ha'Kohain

where does g-d say thou shalt not kill?
  10. andy_rocks

That's handy then. I can't name a religon that isn't vague, but then I can't name you one I think is right.

Have I argued that these are justifiable? I avoid nestle wherever possible...you seem to be confusing atheist and capitalist.

That's bollocks, you're flying in the face the entire legal system by saying you can 'do what you like'.

You disgust me, a child dies because their parents are worried about the celestial surveillance camera sending them to hell, and you defend it. It's glorified sacrifice.

Surgical excision, occasionally high dose chemo and radiotherapy. Not fruit nuts. Not prayer. GOD MUST BE APPEASED.

Perhaps I am beginning to undestand the origins of the Israeli 'proportionate response'. The bible describes your noble creator carrying out homophobic genocidal acts, and you think it's a good analogy for childrens ethics studies. :lol:

A pity He forgot to intervene when He decided He fancied having Jephthah’s daughter murdered. OOPS.

If I'm arrogant it's because I'm confident and with good reason. If I'm disrespectful, it's because I've learnt to be disrespectful of theories, until proven respectable.
  11. JIMI

Surgical excision, occasionally high dose chemo and radiotherapy. Not fruit nuts. Not prayer. GOD MUST BE APPEASED.

my mother has had cancer twice and is now just as healthy as she was b4 either of teh cancers struck
  12. JIMI

my mother has had cancer twice and is now just as healthy as she was b4 either of teh cancers struck
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I was merely giving you examples of the secular worlds corruption of Africa, condoms are the least of their worries.

You're a fascist mate, it is not your place to interfere in cultures external to your own - in Judaism it is the biggest assur to not save a life... But that is my beliefs - its not my place to force a parent to permit their child to have a blood transfusion.

Immature sentences like "glorified sacrifice" expose the illconcieved arguments you present, I suggest you talk to mothers who've lost their children after denying them a transfusion.... I would like to see if you'd hurl the same insults at them after hearing their stories.

Non of those cure cancer andy, one of the strongest agents for defeating any illness (cancer included) is the power of the mind... if someone believes that eating seeds and praying could make them better - no doctor would deny them this placebo.

Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't a result of homophobia :rolleyes:

Yiftach's daughter was sent away, very few jewish scholars believe her to of been phsyically sacrificed.

Andy you're arrogant and disrespectful because you lack the maturity to engage in a civil debate, with time you'll probably look back on threads like this and cringe.
  14. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Sorry to hear that Jimi.

but cutting something out isn't a cure... if I get an infected finger and they chop it off, they've not cured my finger - they've removed it.
  15. JIMI

there we go we hav lift off,

andy is now a fachist becasue he disagrees with joe!

ha ha predicible

i hav

4-12 odds that he will call him anti-semetic next

1-2 odd thats he will call sum1 a nazi by 21:00

WHO WANTS SOME OF THIS ACTION pm's
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

thought you were going to avoid having a pop at me Jimi?
  17. JIMI

its the same desired effect tho when there isnt a outrite cure

the docs cut stuff of my mother she no longer has cancer id say pretty much they hav cured it like
  18. JIMI

no im avoid disagreeing with u as thats much worse and wont get into a politcal debate about u with anything

coz the 4 letter n word will come out and play

id rather just amuse myself
  19. Yosef Ha'Kohain

thats all i was saying Jimi, there isn't a cure.

Someone can have the cancer cut out and it can return (as i guess happened with your mother)... if someone thinks eating seeds will help in stopping it return - most doctors would recommend she ate seeds.
  20. Yosef Ha'Kohain

why join in then?

I called andy fascist cos he wants to force others to live by his beliefs (essentially what fascism is)... it had nothing to do with judaism or antisemitism.

We don't get on leave it at that mate... we made the board shit last time we rucked :D