Pointless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loopyloosy, Nov 23, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

what happened between the 4 billion years since the earth was created and g-d created joe? was he on ebay for a while, you know, passing time?

it's all poppycock. and you can quote me on that.
  2. Ness

Ness Registered User

i wanna know what the dinosaurs were all about? :confused:
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I've been an atheist since I was 7 years old, in that shit old C of E school wondering exactly how holding your hands together could possible transmit a message.

I've already quoted you the study showing that only 7% of scientists are religious, and that numbers dwindles even further the more eminent the scientists.

Would you like me to quote you the meta-analysis showing an inverse association between level of qualifications and likelihood of being religious too?
  4. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

apparently - they WERE on the ark!!?!??
  5. Ness

Ness Registered User

Jurassic Ark? :D
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

And I followed it with a more reliable study showing that the majority of scientists are religious.... was it not 2 days ago when you telling me that the majority of the worlds population is athiest? :lol: :lol:

I can see why you chose science, you're maths is shit ;)

I would love for you show me the religous/eductional study which reflects global opinion (not British) as some accedemic institutions encourage athiesism while others encourage religion (America v England being a good example).
  7. Yosef Ha'Kohain

where does it say that?
  8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:lol: :lol:
  9. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I am the product of evolution... However I believe my soul is not the product of evolution.
  10. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

:lol:
  11. forks

forks still not dead

i can't see how any intelligent individual in the 21st century can possibly believe the stories about the ark and adam and eve and the rest of the old testament hokum. I am prepared to entertain the idea of a creator of the universe since we have no way of proving or disproving that there is one. The big bang represents a boundary which scientific inquiry is unable to cross and so anything before that is open to any sort of speculation.

However it is a long long way from that to the idea that the creator (if there were one) cares about us in any meaningful sense whatsoever or that he is omnipotent or gives a flying fuck wether we eat pork or grow a beard or shag someone we are not married to. Or that we are going to live forever if we are nice or go to hell if we are naughty. It is SO far fetched it's barely worth consideration, never mind a lifetime of theological study.
  12. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

Intelligent Selection believers say this
  13. andy_rocks

Do you still believe in the tooth fairy? ;)
  14. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i entertain the idea - as i try to be open minded - however, it's very unlikely in my mind
  15. andy_rocks

So at exactly what point in the evolution of life did god return to give us a 'soul'? (naturally, there's no evidence such a thing exists, but that hasn't stopped you before).
  16. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base

so am i
    so if ure soul hasent been produced with evolution how hav u got one and where did it come from?

the soul train?
  17. andy_rocks

I like to think that should decent evidence of some higher power ever come to light, I should certainly reevaluate my position.

Certainly, if someone ever published a book with some good arguments for the existence of a god in I'd read it....how telling that religious types boycott the books that point out the atheist point of view, which is comfortably the view with the most evidence.

However, as it is, there is no such evidence and no good arguments. Not a single one stands up to even a little scientific scrutiny, and there is no way I'm going to dedicate my life to something for no reason.
  18. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I was led to believe that the theory of the big bang actually creating a universe was mislead and that it is actually the thought that the visible universe that we can see is spreading apart. What this implies is open to interpretation. Correct?
  19. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

:lol:
  20. forks

forks still not dead

well who put the money under my pillow then mr smarty pants?