Pointless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loopyloosy, Nov 23, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

Something along the lines of: ;)

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.goodgreef.com/forums.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
  2. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

It's a liberating realisation :D
  3. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    no its not its a horrible thought
  4. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

You could spend your whole life worrying what the point of life is, wether it could be better and stuff...or you could just have a load of fun and not bother about what you are missing out on. Ive wasted a hell of a lot of time, and dont intend to any more! :D Now all I worry about is that Im not too much of a cunt, and that I manage to have a good time as much as possible as often as I can! Work and stuff is just a means to an end, and anything else that comes along Ill just take as it happens! :) :up:
  5. forks

forks still not dead

I find it hard to come to terms with the pointlessness of life and spent a lot of time looking for spiritual enlightenment. I envy those with faith who believe they will live forever but I just can't buy it.
    Our whole society is built on the idea that you are what you own, and so everyone is constantly unhappy cos they don't have all the things that will make them happy. And so everybody does work they hate for money to buy things they don't need which makes them unhappy so they buy more things......
    Trainers are the best example I can think of. How little does it matter which ones you have yet people bankrupt themselves trying to get the right pair. What is the point.
    My present solution involves the liberal application of class A's (I know this is not a solution :spangled: )................ and

try to live a ceative life, have kids, find someone to love try not to want things, try to leave things better than you found them, don't fuck up
  6. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Re: Pointless

Yous been getting into them mushrooms or something. ;)

I'd love to live on a commune or something, live off the land with a bunch of hippies.
  7. loopyloosy

loopyloosy Registered User

Totally.

I dont mean to be depressing or anything, but isnt it weird that we put most of our time and every working to a dream we cant attain?

jimi, its not a horrible thought, its just realising the truth - have you honestly never thought about it before? What the hell are we doing? who decided that this thing was good and that thing was bad etc?

and Rossy, no - no mushrooms, just this uni course lol. Living off the land would be awesome but a utopia would never be possible - it is tried with "Celebration" you know, that crazy town in the US which is Walt Disney? A gated community which has certain rules to follow - no smoking no foul language, no tv, you can only paint your house a certain colour, you cant lock your door etc. What the hell are the children who have been brought up in this community think when they grow up? They will be so fucked up!
  8. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 10 vs 7

And that's exactly what I'm doing, living life to the full through Jesus. I have a personal relationship with the creater of the universe and that's all anyone could ever need!!! :eek: :D

It's really sad reading this thread because there are so many people out there who do not know what it is to know God and I'd just like to encourage you all that it ISN'T a meaningful existence at all! You can have an incredible purposeful life if you just ask for it!
  9. scruf

scruf Registered User

where did you copy and paste that from :lol:
  10. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I liked you post :D but out of curiosity whats your purpose?
  11. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

Erm, the top part of the post is quoted from the Bible, and the rest of it is what I said :confused:
  12. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

My purpose in life or the purpose of my post?
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

loving the fact religion is the new black :up:
  14. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Your purpose (you said you can have an incredible purposeful life).

I believe El Olam (g-d is one), but this doesn't give me purpose, only meaning... interested in the christian perspective.
  15. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

My purpose in life is to bring glory to God, (that is the same God as yours - the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob) and to make myself available to God as a tool for him to bring about his Kingdom on earth.

Incredibly, as well as God using me he blesses me with so many amazing things they are too numerous to count!
    :D :D
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

But the g-d of Abraham Isaac and Jacob already has a kingdom on earth? We live in it ;)

Didn't realise you were a full on christian, are you a messianic/hebrew christian? They're the best type ;)
  17. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

Not sure exactly what this comment means but if it is implying that I have jumped on the back of a new fad then thats simply not the case, I have been a Christian pretty much all my life and made the decision to life life fully for God about 4 years ago.
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

not at all, I just like the fact that more and more people are openly religious these days... makes life more intersting :D
  19. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

God has a fallen Kingdom on earth but one is coming that is perfect and how the world should be made.

Yep I'm about as full on a Christian as you can get! I'm not technically a Messianic Jew as my mum isn't a Jew but my dad is a (Messianic) Jew, found new hope in Jesus when he was about 21.

Let me ask you this Joe, have you ever read Isaiah 53?
  20. mrmonkey

mrmonkey Registered User

Well I think as this thread demonstrates, even though our society has filled itself with ridiculous amounts of worldly treasures we aren't getting any happier, in fact we are becoming less happy...people have got to look elsewhere for any meaning/purpose in life.