[Oct 14, 2011] Eddie Halliwell pres. FIRE IT UP /w Michael Woods, Jordan Suckley (Newcastle)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Conway, Aug 11, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I cant see that system changing any time soon for events like these.

When you consider the reach that locals have via social networks for pimping tickets out, or even just getting the word out through various means, to go back on that system puts significantly more pressure on the actual club promoters to do what is otherwise quite a risky operation, given the upfront costs involved.
  2. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

I agree exactly what your saying Brid by having locals on does pull people in.
    But all this £££ being made, Cant see why they cant fork out 400 - 500 quid for one half decent uk Producer / dj That would actually appeal to people who enjoy trance.
  3. Trancending

Trancending Dj/Promoter

Because of what I said in my last post..... they make enough money by selling out the event with the acts in the main room. Why spend an extra £500 when they don't need to? Plus a headliner in the other two rooms is one less the amount of ticket sales from a local lad so effectively that £400-500 then becomes closer to a grand if you get what im saying ;-)
  4. trance250

trance250

Completely agree with Hutch, looking back into the not too distant past events always had at least one name in room 2 but if you have 14-1500 happy punters in the main room why bother spending more. It's shit but unfortunately true, it's good business.
  5. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

If the music in the two rooms is basically the same genre then all the paid DJs should be in the main room. If the genres are completely different then for me it makes sense to book some sort of name to give the room creditably & focus point of the night.
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Yeah - Surely getting some 'names' in the other rooms gives the place more interest.

That room 2 is always going to suffer due to the fact it's cold, and the constant traffic to and from the smoking room makes it feel like you're knocking out shapes in a waiting room.
  7. Ian Cox

Ian Cox Registered User

I often think at times that a lot of people who go into digital for these sort of one off big events like above & beyond, pvd, eddie haliwell and so on dont even realise that the other two rooms exist. Perhaps signage for these other rooms would be an advantage along with set times posted on walls etc like i have seen at previous large scale shindig events of old held in digital. I'm not sure which room is classed as 2 and which is 3 to yourselves but i was fortunate enough to play the terrace room at prime time when pvd was on and it was pretty busy and seemed as though some people were actually taking an interest rather than just passing through which i certainly couldn't complain about. Of course i was playing something very much different to what was on in the main room which may just support the theory of offering something a little different at these events
  8. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User