[Oct 14, 2011] Eddie Halliwell pres. FIRE IT UP /w Michael Woods, Jordan Suckley (Newcastle)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Conway, Aug 11, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I only heard the term "trouse" for the first time yesterday, and I'm very glad that this is so, if only so that I can completely avoid this horrendous music (which I've hated for quite a while now) in the future.

All the worst bits of trance (really shit stabby, cheesy melodies) and as if that wasn't bad enough, all the worst bits of house (electro & minimal techno percussion). This music literally sounds like it was sent from hell to me.

I suppose anything superceding proper prog house/trance (the best bits of both genres) was only ever going to be substantially worse.

KIDS THESE DAYS! I UNDERSTAND NOW, OLD PEOPLE!!
  2. Willa

Willa Registered User

Who the fuck coined that term :lol:

I've been bang into my Spazz* lately like.

* Crossover between Speedcore and Jazz.
    Conway and Rossy like this.
  3. adam.

adam. kthxbi

"Trouce" :lol: Abortion of a name for a holocaust of a genre.
  4. trance250

trance250

Recent mix from Edward, live from Sunrise Festival in Poland - http://dontstayin.podbean.com/mf/web/htbd5c/dsi-motw-100-eddie-halliwell.mp3

Tracklist

Bassjackers - Mush Mush - Original Mix [Musical Freedom]
    Robbie Rivera - Funkatron_ReWorked [Subliminal]
    La Fuente - BANG BANG [Mixmash]
    Green Velvet - Flash
    Funkagenda - Splinter [Funk Farm]
    Michael Woods - NO ACCESS [Diffused]
    Eddie Halliwell - Neon [FIUR]
    Hardwell - encoded - original mix [Revealed]
    Sander Van Doorn - koko [Doorn]
    Marco V-Unprepared (Marcel_Woods_Remix) [In Charge]
    Ferry Corsten - Feel It (Original Extended) [Flashover]
    Ash1 likes this.
  5. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Gona download this, but I can already say that this is not a change in direction/style - it is the same kind of stuff he has always played, and probably will continue to do so. Yes, there are sets where he will play more housy/techy/trancey, but generally will include a bit of all combined - very much alike his Cream Ibiza CDs which are good.
  6. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

7 days to grab your tickets for this, another sell out indicated so move fast to avoid missing out.

Main Room – Fire It Up

Eddie Halliwell
    Michael Woods
    Jordan Suckley
    Kryder
    Gary Proud

Room 2 – Tech & Trance

Digi-Funk DJs
    Craig Lucas
    Mark Winstanley
    Paul Roughley
    John Barkess
    Chris Hutchinson

Room 3 – House Party

Mick Lindsay b2b Dan Hawkins
    Si Whealan
    Nick Hampton
    Graham Keen b2b Jerry Owen
    Paul Buhdoy b2b Craig Hunter

Standard Ticket Link:
    http://www.skiddle.com/events/11511450/

‘There are people who play records and there are DJ’s who blow minds, Eddie Halliwell is the latter…who makes every set, no matter how small the club or how big the festival, feel like the closing party of the end of the world.’ – Mixmag

Are you ready to FIRE IT UP Newcastle? Global superstar DJ EDDIE HALLIWELL, famed for being the most frenetic and technical showman on stage in the dance music world, will be making his much-anticipated return to the toon on FRIDAY OCTOBER 14th 2011, setting the city of Newcastle Upon Tyne alight once again with his famous FIRE IT UP party at DJ Mag’s Best Of British Club 2010, DIGITAL.

With his debut track, NEON and new label FIUR under his belt, Eddie is set to return to Digital with a bang, joined by fellow luminaries including; hot producer/re-mixer of the moment MICHAEL WOODS, rising star JORDAN SUCKLEY, Tiesto’s protégé KRYDER and local hero GARY PROUD - all set to bring Newcastle to a complete meltdown with an explosive night of fully fired up carnage across 3 rooms!

The Club Digital, Times Square, Newcastle Upon-Tyne (10pm – 4am)

Info line 07790 774550 /
    www.eddiehalliwell.com / www.facebook.com/eddiehalliwell

Limited Early Bird Tickets £10+bf @Skiddle.com / Standard Tickets £13 + BF / MOTD
  7. Ruffers

Ruffers Drooling on the mixport

I've got some £13.00 tickets left if anybody needs some?
  8. Gary Proud

9. Gary Proud

FIRE IT UP DIGITAL SOLD OUT (SET TIMES HERE) + GOODGREEF XMAS PARTY ANNOUNCED

[​IMG]

10-11 GARY PROUD
    11-12 KRYDER
    12-1.30 MICHAEL WOODS
    1.30-3 EDDIE HALLIWELL
    3-4 JORDAN SUCKLEY
    Room 2
    10 - 11 JOHN BARKESS
    11 - 12 CRAIG LUCAS
    12 – 1.30 DIGI-FUNK DJ’S
    1.30 - 2.30 PAUL ROUGHLEY
    2.30 - CLOSE CHRIS HUTCHINSON
    Room 3
    10 -11 GRAHAM KEEN b2b JERRY OWEN
    11 -12 PAUL BUDHOY b2b CRAIG HUNTER
    12 -1 SI WHELAN
    1-2 NICK HAMPTON
    2-CLOSE MICK LINDSAY b2b DAN HAWKINS

Hot on the heels of the recent 100th FIUR show sell out party at Sankeys - FIRE IT UP @ DIGITAL Newcastle, This Friday 14th October has now completely SOLD OUT - for those disappointed fans that didn't manage to get a ticket for this epic event, do not despair as for those UK fans you've still got time to purchase tickets for Eddie's very special ED-IT show tour, taking in GATECRASHER Birmingham This Saturday 15th October
    Tickets: http://www.gatecrasher.com/tickets

Another ED-IT show takes place @ THE ARCHES in Glasgow on 29th October
    Tickets: http://tickets.sonicliving.com/event/3264462/fb-tickets

WARNING: Be quick - all these tickets are selling fast!!!!!!
    Thanks for your support – FIRE IT UP!!!

GOODGREEF MEETS SUBCULTURE XMAS PARTY @ DIGITAL NEWCASTLE

[​IMG]

Early bird ticket link http://www.skiddle.com/events/11536886/

On Fri December 23rd you’re in for a trance-tastic treat as Goodgreef teams up withSubculture to kick-start the festivities just in time for Christmas. After last December’s epic sell out seeing Digital packed to the rafters after only 1-hour of opening the doors, they return with another Christmas cracker packed full of cutting-edge names in the scene.

FULL LINE UP WILL BE RELEASED EARLY NEXT WEEK

Early bird ticket link http://www.skiddle.com/events/11536886/
    Conway likes this.
  10. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Heard Halliwell didn't show up?
  11. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

It is great to see a club night selling out (in the good sense) in Newcastle.

That 23rd gig will be rammed with it being Black Eye Friday. If you are going to this make sure to sort your lifts/rides home well in advance as the q's to get home will be horrendous & that is without snow. In all honesty Digital should see if they can get an extended licence for this as it would help spread the number of people on the street waiting to go home.
    Conway likes this.
  12. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

There were rumours floating about before the start that he wasn't going to show, but everyone I've spoken to said he was definitely there.
  13. Carson

Carson Registered User

Cracking night, Kryder was impressive and what I saw of Halliwell was good, thats if it was him like, might've just been a lookalike. Room 2 was quality, love playing in there when its full. Could do with some more lights or a laser or something though.
  14. Gary Proud

Eddie was fantastic last night.

As Carson said too - very impressed with Kryder, 1st time I'd seen him live. Lovely bloke to boot.

Great night.
  15. trance250

trance250

Hardly set foot in the main room tbh couldn't get moved! Rooms 2 and 3 were more than enough to entertain though! Really good atmosphere and crack. Top bombing :up:
  16. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

Think some serious effort needs to be put into room 2 in future events.
    Instead of ploughing a handful of local lads into a room who are willing to sell a few tickets. I personally think instead of spending every penny they have into acts for the main room, at least 1 decent headliner in room 2 ? What happened to the days of kearny, William daniel, Downey etc. Kicking that room all over ?

Aye it does get the odd 40-50 people having a dance, but majority of the time tumbleweed everywhere.
    That room has alot of potential, but is being put to a waste.
    Micko_Harriso and Magpie like this.
  17. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

I prefer room 2 - best ever nights were upstairs for me - king unique and dave seaman spring to mind
  18. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

That night was fucking mint. I prefer upstairs to down, just a shame that the room doesn't get much use, bar big events like this one.
  19. Trancending

Trancending Dj/Promoter

I can see what your saying here and i've thought the very same thing myself. However it will never ever happen as long as this whole 'tickets for sets' system remains in operation...... According to the line up details there were 14 dj's in the house room and the trance room combined, at 25 tickets each @£13 thats £4550, a quarter of the total door take based on the sell out capacity of 1500. Thats one quarter less work the promoters had to do for doing....well....absolutely jack shit!! Not to mention the fact they were a grand or so better off for not putting on a headliner in each room, nor paying any of us.

Can I just stress that the above certainly doesn't apply to every event held at Digital but it certainly did to this one.
  20. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

Yep its always been the same.
    I have never once or ever will get paid off GG. And to be honest im not fussed at all. I class djing nothing more than a hobby.
    I would be going to these events anyways and am grateful to be asked to play.
    But its just a shame that all this money is getting ploughed into room 1, and room 2 -3 just left to fend for its self.