ne1 else gettin bored with trance/hard trance??

Discussion in 'Music' started by bellini, Jun 18, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. fizz

fizz Registered User

nah not arsed bout techno, not arsed about whether trance is great or not etc blah blah!!

cos at the end of the day i love both trance, techno, and house along with all their sub genres....

thus i have a wide range of musical styles and tastes in my record collection - not just TRANCE!!
    Some of my new techno tunes could easily fit into a hard trance set cos they have some trancey elements in them, but some other of my techno tunes can fit into a proggy set!! Hard House has even evolved alongwith trance. The thing is more and more DJs now are playing a mixture of trance, hard trance, tech trance and techno......why?? because we all enjoy different genres and a mix of them keeps our boredome at bay. and why is this -
    because at the end of the day its all repetitive beats - DANCE MUSIC!!! We attend Shindig cos we like proggy, we attend promise for our trance and harder edged sound and now Solid or sunday trading for more harder stuff and hard house!! and that my friend, is the conclusion.
  2. fizz

fizz Registered User

the thing is, i think the reason im sick of hearing trance and hard trance is due to there is sooooooooooooo many up and coming djs in this area now playing a genre of trance!!!

hmmm let me list them:

steve imac,
    marty v
    stewart dryden
    lee (cyberted)
    che (snarf)
    big dave
    lee roberts
    gav green
    and so on and so forth.......

now if thats not too much competition i dont know what is!!!

you keep hearing the same tunes from each when you go to see them play.

diversity i think is needed!!
  3. Guest

ill go with thats cause im evenly matched on all music types apart from hip-hop and rap hate the shit but i love all music.
  4. fizz

fizz Registered User

thank you sir..........discussion ended methinks!
  5. Guest

i nice descussion fizz but i still get the last word in

I LOVE TRANCE MUSIC
  6. fizz

fizz Registered User

aye but :

I LOVE DANCE MUSIC!!!

;P
  7. Guest

il go with that. Thats what i ment really

im only agreeing with himcause hes my boss and ill not get gigs unless i do i think hes a tit really and very arogant at times.
  8. fizz

fizz Registered User

cheeky sod!!! hahahahahahahaha

hey, im not a JAY NICHOL!!!
  9. Guest

what i never said out lmao

ure far from that mate we are a succes hes a weener
  10. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Techno as a genre has been around forever, if you compare the early detroit sound to what is around now it has certainly evolved but this hasn't happened over nights its progressed through stages...

Techno as you point out isn't as versitile a music form as trance, trance is far more complex a genre, which in my eyes leaves a lot more room for variety... However unlike techno trance is still in its infancy - if you compare early trance (take the future sound of london) to current trance it hasn't took that big a leap...

I think trance is far from dead we've just gotta wait for some innovative geek to do summit new :D
  11. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

Re: ne1 else gettin bored with trance/hard trance??

i'm with you on this, ever since xmas i've been going to more and more funky nights, also might have something to with supporting a mate who opened his own funky house night ;) also the manor born has been amazing recently!

however i'm not bored of trance, its the only music that still can make me lose it in a club! i'm just not as interested in it i guess.. although i'm thinking of seeign a few more trance djs over the next month or so! but this summer is deffo gonna be funky!
  12. bellini

bellini

yeh the manor born is class now aint it!

ahh sum interestin stuff been typed bout techno n trance...yeh trance needs a new direction quickly as smarte sed n i do want more than...
    take drugs,get high, listen to trance, hands in the air, float around for a bit, go home wasted.
    take drugs,get high, listen to trance, hands in the air, float around for a bit, go home wasted.

...now i think!
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

cos funky is so great.

Strutt in, drink beer, pose, drink beer, do the fuinky shuffle, drink beer, pose, drink beer, pull fit bird, go home
  14. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

its all about "the fit bird"

for so long my love life was second fiddle to getting smashed and having 3/4 day benders..

now i'm just trying to find a happy medium... think i've almost got it aswell ;)
  15. bellini

bellini

see its better wen u admit it!