NAUGHTY VS SOUTH SHIELDS ON WED 26th

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jay Jay, Mar 14, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Stu's a good dj. He's funny as fuck aswell:D
  2. Jay Jay

Jay Jay

siting being gutted about not going on friday
    so ice heard
  3. Jay Jay

Jay Jay

im i missing somthing here coz i dont get wat your on about here like
  4. Guest

is that all it's about, money???

are you really worth paying to dj at a bar?
    sorry phil but i don't think promoters of a bar, would pay you to do a set?

not meaning to sound bitchy!
  5. Nat

Nat Registered User

It is'nt alot 2 comprehend, John is it?
  6. above and beyond

above and beyond

So if ure good enough to be payed for what u do, why aint u gettin gigs all over the country? its about promotion first and as far as i can see, some djs do fuk all to promote themselves, while others work there balls off for free to get somewhere, then when they do they make a bit of cash which gets injected bak into what they love. Makin cds and passin them out dont get u far, sending letters all over the country to mags and clubs with cds attatched, spending money to make money and makin freinds with people that own record companies and come to play at ure night. They can can charge cause they have worked the period for free and made themselves a name and now they have what they want.

We have too work for free to get a good enough name so we can charge to play and some djs dont have the name to do that all the time including myself.
  7. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Agreed
  8. fizz

fizz Registered User

--- take it you mean me and steve phil???

firstly...why dont u complain to sunday trading then, cos they do the same as us - but you didnt moan when you played for ST!!

secondly...ur the only one bothered bout money here out of all the local djs ive had playing for me.... not one of them has ranted bout it, and theyve actually thanked myself for letting them play..as we r helping them out!!

thirdly.....take yer head out yer arse phil!!!! im shocked at you!:evil: :eek:
  9. Broony

Broony Registered User

watch out jay jay is the clubbing saveour for south shields :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
  10. above and beyond

above and beyond

i dont no who jay jay is da broony never met him in my life so i never judge a book by its cover im lookin forward to meetin him
  11. Nat

Nat Registered User

Well enjoy:rolleyes: :lol:
  12. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

i would play for free, and thank you for letting me do so.
    i just enjoy playing for people, and them enjoying it.
    i wouldnt really be arsed if they were making cash off me playing, cos its not really gonna be much, is it?
    i might expect a couple of free drinks....

but i can see why your annoyed....making people pay, then not spreading the cash around (epecially when the Vuzz lads do it for free)
  13. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

i think the dj's expense's should at least be paid for. transport a few drinks etc.
  14. fizz

fizz Registered User

Re: Dont get me wrong here

^-- Bit of a contradiction in my eyes. but then if i quote you again:

"My friends paid money to see me play at naughty, and we all know who profited from that! "
    ^----- "like you said phil...its a business! and im a businessman. It was their choice to pay to see you play and yours to play for nothing.

But in all honesty, i would put the night on for free, me and steve even considered it ages ago...and the real reason behind us continuing with an EXTREMELY small charge (which isnt exactly gonna break yer bank) is to pay for printing (which yes isnt the best at the moment but believe me the amount we get on the door isnt enough to pay for ful printing costs. Lets just say we r saving! - business moves and ideas!

And as for naughty goes, and any other local small underground nights, youve probably noticed yourself theres a dip in the clubscene in newcastle at the moment, so we r considering what to do at the moment. If you want to make money, have a go yourself. But take a tip..dont make it weekly!

One more thing, i do have a number of djs lined up who i will be paying... but they are the more 'established' and recognised DJs than yourself who actually require payment (or at least have a name for themselves). As for Lee Foster, yeah i would pay him to play...hes definitely got recognition now out of the underground scene, hes worth paying for... .. my point here is i dont think your as big as you think you are matey, not yet, I myself wouldnt expect to be paid just yet (especially at naughty/vuzz/sunday t - even at promise!!!- cos they r giving me something) your nowherere near a big name yet. And at the moment theres too much competition going on in the scene, too many people on the bandwagon, too many wanting recognition for themselves as a DJ not thinkin bout what clubbing is supposed to be about and just thinkin bout making money....

Id rather host an illegal rave for the whole vibe of it.

like ive been saying for the past few months.....clubbing is getting too serious now - its all about money....
  15. Ayatollah Terry

Ayatollah Terry Registered User

In all honesty Phil, how much do you think they made from the night. It was probably only £100-200 net profit I bet. Having promoted nights myself, that £100-200 prob didn't seem worth it for all the hours that Fizz & Steve would've been putting in before the event. At the end of the day, they're doing you a favour. If you want money then you need to promote your own events.

Also, paper posters are alot more cost effective to any night, especially a small night. If you went the full works you would end up broke.
  16. fizz

fizz Registered User

not even half that mate!!
  17. Guest

nice one fizz
  18. Ayatollah Terry

Ayatollah Terry Registered User

& I bet all of that went on printing costs, your own transport & drinks. So you actually gained nothing but satisfaction from the event. Which is what you're happy with.
  19. fizz

fizz Registered User

u want the truth...... the money made didnt come over 70 quid!
    as far as travellin to and from bedlington is concerned in a taxi with equipment n stuff... 30 quid!!
    printing costs for proper flyers n posters... way too steep.. in the hundreds...we r still saving any profits to pay for these...as for now..photocopies is all we can afford!! And as for drinks...well i can only afford a couple!
  20. Jay Jay

Jay Jay

same here we wont even cover a night out for our selves we hope to make a lot more but we'll get a kick out of making everybody happy and putting some real music on i shields for a change
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.