[Mar 24, 2012] TechNCL - techno! 24/03/2012, King's Manor, 9-2, £1 (Newcastle)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Vanis, Feb 12, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Vanis, have you tried getting in touch with @Vicky Vegas on here or on facebook? She runs The Globe with Kerry James :)
  2. Vanis

Vanis

Aye, was speaking to her on facebook a couple of days ago. Globe's a bit too big and expensive for our night at the minute. Hopefully though there's a chance of hosting a back room at one of the nights there, but not gonna happen till September now as I'm away for the summer in 3 weeks time.
    Thanks anyway
  3. MELT

MELT Registered User

you techno lot are a right bunch of trainspotters lol

real techno got squeezed out of newcastle by all the shite / average minimal nights and techno bandwagoners running distinctly poor techno nights a couple of years ago . However, the stuff I heard at fun size johnnys 30th last sat was absolutely immense whether its techno, acid or otherwise that was being played.

james !??? why havent you pointed vanis in the direction of the northumberland arms , surely they would be up for accomodating their night withour ripping their eyes out.

Thoughts!????
  4. MELT

MELT Registered User

......VANIS try the northumberland arms first THEY WONT CHARGE YOU A HIRE FEE I am betting
  5. james909

james909 Registered User

For the above reason as mentioned ny Sur Daly plus its hard to get a 3am licence there Jonny and Zoe both work for Daz corp and were out of pocket on their own birthday party.
  6. Vanis

Vanis

I had considered it but I heard it was a few hundred capacity, don't think I would have filled it. I did eventually call them anyway but failed to get an answer. I do have access to PA at good prices etc, but maybe need to get more of a following first before booking somewhere that size?
    I've just left NCL for the summer but will be on the case when I get back September kind of time. Hopefully someone at one of the Globe nights will be up for us hosting a back room.
    Cheers for the replies
  7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    boot some disused shitholes door in and plug in a rig man ...... o sorry , thought i was in the late 80's for a second
  8. MELT

MELT Registered User

had to happen sooner or later :wink: