Lost.........................

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psycaholic, Mar 1, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

I fail to see any sort of fact in your first set of pics other than Sky 1 bein unavailable. In which case "ooohh errr" ;)
  2. Ness

Ness Registered User

Thats it? £300 for a box that costs peanuts thru virgin? and if owt goes wrong with sky u have to pay for repairs or shell out another£300 on a new box!!

u still have to pay £11 for a bt line on top, so thats £37. same 3 services at better bbi speeds etc thru virgin is £30!

when u corner a cat and scare it they'll come out fighting dirty and scratchin, thats exactly what sky are doin. Virgin's got them scared.

Sky customer services were tellin people that virgin was gonna lose sky 1 nearly a month ago before the negotiations started, how the hell did they know that if they ever intended to come to an agreement with virgin?
  3. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

i cant get cable where i am so sky is the only choice, im after one of those sky hd boxes but they cost 300 beans then 60 to install, but tbh cable tv is poo compared to sky and even sky can be shite at times.
  4. trance_fan

trance_fan Registered User

The Sky+ box is £99 mate and you can get it for even less than that, I paid £50 for mine nearly 2 years ago, and got a free hifi....

Also comes with the standard 1 year warranty...mines never flickerd in nearly 2 years. Do Virgin offer free repairs/replacement after the warranty period? I would be surprised if they did....

You can't really use the argument of the BT line against Sky, you need a phone line anyway, so people who didnt have cable, would have to have a phone line regardless, this is not a downside to Sky IMO.

Virgin may have them scared but I can't see them being that scared....for many Cable is not an option.

Obviously they are going to play dirty but that is an entirely seperate argument.

Frankly whos come off worse? Clearly Virgin....I reckon a fair few new customers would have toppled over to Sky as a result...why would a potential customer want to purchase a currently inferior product?

Yes Sky will lose a fair wedge of cash but at least customer satisfaction isnt going to drop, and frankly I cant see Murdoch being too fussed!
  5. Ness

Ness Registered User

it is compared to cable. u dont need a phoneline with cable for broadband, so using the 3 for£26 against cable makes it a valid argument :dunce:

and yeah, they do free repairs/replacements for life not for 12months.

The price of the sky+ box must of come down in the last 3 months then coz it was £299 when i checked in november.
  6. Ness

Ness Registered User

sky's hd box £300 minimum, or poss £399
  7. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

8. M.C.E

M.C.E 1981-2013

He compared them because the free box that virgin offer with lifetime warranty is also a HD one ;)
  9. Ness

Ness Registered User

u mean its a different box for both? :lol: they are wank arent they? :lol:
  10. loopyloosy

loopyloosy Registered User

I wish you werent so good at arguing ness :lol:
  11. LazMan

LazMan Registered User

You have to pay an extra £10 per month for Sky+ if you don't have any premium channels.

I've got HD (ner ner) which would be another £10 per month if I didn't have premium channels.
    I've thought about getting rid of movies to save some cash but then they'd slap £20 back on for the Sky+ and HD.
    They defo have people over a barrell like that which I defo disagree with.

Anyway, back to the original thread. Don't mean to rub it in but......... Lost & 24 in HD. MMmmmmmmm
    (Yes I have no life!!)
  12. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

Sky were defo planning to cash in on this, they had radio adverts on the next day saying virgin media dont have the channels anymore so you should switch. they also had huge billboard posters up within 2 days.
  13. trance_fan

Considering Sky+ has been around about 2 years longer than Sky HD then I would say that no, they arn't! Not everyone will want HD so probably wouldnt want to shell out for the extra box. HD is Sky+ with more storage space and obviously high def...

Fair play that virgin offer an HD box for free and free lifetime repairs, that is pretty cool. Does that offer the same sort of features as Sky+?

In practice though the boxes are probably pretty reliable.

Ok the all in deal...so let me ask you this....do cable customers still have a phone? And do they pay line rental? You might not need a phoneline for broadband but you still need one for a phone :lol:

I think sylvester might have something to say about this....
  14. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

hahaha
  15. trance_fan

that was an argument?

:p
  16. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Registered User

While you have a valis point.. one thing remains..

Cable Internet FTW!

I haven't read this thread.. so I might be in the wrong posting this but it is true!
  17. trance_fan

Agreed with that it's a superior technology but I still stand by what I said earlier with regard to ADSL, i've never had a problem and get rates up to 500k/sec with an upgrade coming soon so that does me fine!

I would, however, like the news group access.
  18. Ness

Ness Registered User

only difference between sky+ and the v+ box is that virgin's has 80 hours space and sky only has 40.

also, the phoneline IS virgin's, u dont have to rent a ponsy one off bt, so in the £30 deal for example the line rental is already in.
  19. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

I dont get why people are so passionate about this? They both have good points and bad points, thats life.
  20. trance_fan

It's the Virgin customers fault finding with sky because they are cheesed off that they now have an inferior product and are desperately trying to justify their choice ;)

I personally don't care about Virgin media but will defend nonsense sky talk to the death!!