JUNIOR:G RETURNS! 3rd OCT. (official post)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Gary Proud, Aug 20, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fucking hoose Sweat tits

Totaly agree there like, 100% :D
  2. arnies

arnies

Thanks. Glad you feel the same! Its like they are performing for you and your mates rather than just banging the tunes out to thousands in a big superclub!

You can get a feel for each DJs unique style and DJ presence! You simply cant get that feeling at larger clubs!!:)
  3. Rory Space

Deffos man, thats what gave me butterflys everytime i walked through the door of a Junior:G. Even for my first junior g event a felt so welcome & at home. Was never any trouble either, every1 knew every1 or every1ns face, was brilliant :)
  4. arnies

arnies

AWW! Now you got me wishing it was this friday!! Only 5 weeks to go...!:eek:
  5. Rory Space

Lmao, it'l fly by man :D the longer i wait the more up for it i am haha
  6. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Cheers for the nice words man, lets hope everything does work out down there.
    100% agree with comments regarding the atmosphere that JNR:G had it was second to none, the line-up's were some of the best (trance wise) i've seen Newcastle stage since Promise did in it's hayday.
    The same people are behind it this time (granted different club) so dont suppose theres any reason why it wont be a success! :)

Ages since i've last seen Askew also - CANT WAIT :D

(Coach details etc... to follow folks :) )
  7. graham

graham Registered User

You must be getting a canny tan in the internet cafe??

;)
  8. Paul_Shepherd85

Paul_Shepherd85 .

:lol:
  9. Gary Proud

Im not at my restaurant, im back home mate ;)
  10. RaverKeefus

RaverKeefus

Bit gutted i cant make this, boro is a bit far for me to get to straight after work on friday :(
  11. arnies

arnies

No problem Gary! :)

Was just telling it how it IS! Only 4 weeks tomorrow to go!!
    Am really looking forward to John Askew...haven't seen him since he did he last set at Tall Trees which was the set of the night for me!!:angel2:
  12. Tez Mayhem

Tez Mayhem

3 weeks to go!!
  13. Gary Proud

Right folks the coach is getting booked this weekend so I need definite numbers if anyone would like to come along from the Forum just to determine weather a bigger coach is needed or not. The coach is set to leave Newcastle Central Station at around 9pm on 3rd October & we are able to pick up & do drop offs if there is enough people from surrounding areas (Washington/Sunderland etc...).
    So far we have:

Myself
    Nicky
    John
    Cyber Geeeeee
    Kev
    Mick L
    Zoe (+4 maybe)
    Willa
    Carson
    Rory
    Linzi
    Jess
    Lauren
    Becca
    Blakey
    Camille
    Lee Murray
    Purvy
    Carefull
    Dan H

Cheers :)
  14. linzi

linzi Registered User

oh am i going

just didnt realise :oops:
  15. Gary Proud

Add Purvy & Murray to the list, just spoken with him.

(Linzi your a drip x )
  16. Foundation King

Foundation King

its my opinion as somebody who only missed 1 junior:G (the first one) then went from the second event till it finished. junior:G just wont work unless its in newcastle and at the cosmic ballroom

same as promise wil never work anywhere but foundation.

had some amazing nights at the cosmic seeing some of the best cutting edge dj's the club scene has to offer. most of there bookings were awesome and add to that a real quality intimate venue and same group of top clubbing people who used to go religiously and you ended up with a proper amazing night

i dont know what really happened , but from reading stuff on here and probbably just making the rest up in my head lol. seems to me barry and co at goodgreef did a deal with digital to ditch junior:G in newcastle as not to interfear with evolves global take over and in return goodgreef would get to run big events on bank holidays at digital. now im probably wrong there but thats my way of thinking.

get junior:G back in newcastle

promise @ foundation
    junior:G @ cosmic ballroom

missed by all:( :(
  17. Gary Proud

Totally agree mate.
    Id love to see the GG guys up here on a monthly basis with their stamp, the line-up's were second to none, atmosphere was immense & the crack was always wkd. In a nutshell Digital had a jingle of dates which seen them moving all their nights of particular genres to the same date as the smaller guys, im not 100% sure what there motive was (but i'll let you put 2 + 2 together) ;). We simply couldn't compete (or at least thought at the time) so the night got pulled, no deals were cut etc... GG have since had the oppurtunity to stage a few '1 off events' at Digital so snapped the dates up.

Only difference I can see with Promise then/now & Junior:G then/now is that Promise was on a MUCH bigger scale to what we ever had & for a longer period of time, it was ran like a well oiled machine, when they've came back (half arsed) with a Venue that doesn't suit most, folk aint gave it the time of day. Junior:G was always small scale for underground bookings catering for anything up to 500 (cosmic capacity), the Warehouse is a very similar Venue & Boro aint had a regular trance night of this kind in years so with the right promo/effort & line-up's theres no reason why it shouldn't work like it did up here (fingers crossed) Tez (who runs Warehouse) & Barry both have their head screwed on so im confident it'll take off. Your more than welcome to tag along with us for the trip to check it out mate or if you need a decent trance fix, if not the Warehouse have some wkd line-up's in the pipeline for the forthcoming months so try & get down :up: :)
  18. Willa

Willa Registered User

I was dissapointed with the way junior g finished and with it moving to the boro of all places, but i'm game as fuck for this one like, it will be unreal crack jumping on the bus and heading down for a road trip every month,like it was for talltrees. As good as Junior G was, the turnout for it was shit towards the end and thats one reason that contributed to it closing, it needed a fresh start. I hope moving it and starting again will mean it back up and running for good, regardless of where it is. There hasn't been one bad lineup, and the atmosphere at its best is second to none of any of the other smaller nights.

:king:
  19. Gary Proud

20. carefull

carefull