Ipods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr.B.ThatsMe, Dec 25, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

1. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

I can see my using my 30gb quite quickly.. I've used 6gb already and thats just from music I have on my computer. I still have tons to put on from cd's that i never really listen to plus all the dvdrips of Mr Bean, some films and loads of video clips..
  2. Mr.B.ThatsMe

BTW, people with an ipod video. How long does your battery last? Mine seems to go down really quickly! I'd charged it fully last night from the computer and then i watched mr bean which is 25minutes long and already the battery was down one or two bars. I know it's a high quality display like.
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Registered User

if you watch video's on it then your battery wont last too long im 'fraid.
  4. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

how can u seriously watch videos on them? maybe 30second long jobbies... but a whole movie?

Get a PSP for that ;)
  5. Mr.B.ThatsMe

I doubt theres much of a difference tbh. If i wanted to buy something else to watch videos i'd buy a portable dvd player, not a psp.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Registered User

The screen's are crystal clear - you'd be supprised how watchable they are :up:

Doesn't beat the PSP tho.

I just need to wait for them to fully exploit 2.01+ so I can play homebrew :(
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

PSP can do games, MP3 and films :up:

aye, thats a shitter about the 2.01+ versions, 2.0 CAN be back dated to 1.5 but not the newer ones...
  8. Smog

Smog Registered User

my nephew got one of those for christmas, pretty amazing like :eek:

especially since my brother bought his two other kids a nintendo ds each... spoilt buggers! :lol:
  9. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

they're mint - get a film, a couple of games AND some music all on a 1gig card... sorted
  10. Smog

Smog Registered User

im really thinking of splashing out on one when i get a new job and my student loan, they look the business :up:
  11. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

if you're brave, go for a jap one off ebay, hardly any different - PLUS u can get the homebrew stuff i.e. play things u shouldn't.. bit cheaper too
  12. Smog

Smog Registered User

will look into it, cheers mos :up:
  13. Mr.B.ThatsMe

My ipod has plenty of space for mp3 and movies :) Like MrSleepy said, the screens are great and they are very watchable. It's a few steps up from the average 'best video phone' that u usually see playing videos atm. I know the psp screen is a bit bigger but it's really not a big difference.. either something is massive or tiny (screen-wise!) but in between it generally doesn't make a great big difference. I'm not someone who travels enough to take advantage of a psp cos i prefer to sit down and relax when I play games and i also appreciate a big screen since i'm in control of whats going on. Videos on a small screen i can do perfectly.

If only my right headphone wasn't vibrating like a rampant rabbit everything some bass kicks in. :( is this common with ipod headies?
  14. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

They arent the best like
  15. Mr.B.ThatsMe

The left one is fine but the right i either have to take out of my ear or hope that the EQ set to 'bass reducer' will sort it out.

Also, my battery. WTF? It seems to go down really fast like yesterday the ipod was charging for ages and it said it was charged so i unplugged it and too it to my m8's which took me about 70minutes. By then the ipod was down to half battery and i hadn't been watching any videos or had the volume on max. Then while I was at my m8's i showed someone a video so they could see the quality and within about 30 seconds the battery bar had shot down to 1 red. Later on when I turned it back on (still on one red bar) I started listening to some music and it went back up to just over half full.

I'm guessing something isn't right here.. so far this wonderful toy has pissed me off more than it should do0 for the price.
  16. LeeTheMackem

mine does that, just a 20 gig music one I have but the battery bar goes up and down.Usually get an hour out of it once the battery gets to empty though
  17. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Surely it's not something all Ipods do otherwise apple would have sorted it :confused: I'm in two minds about phoning them and asking for a replacement atm..
  18. LeeTheMackem

Battery life has always been a problem with ipods as far as I know mate.Search for threads about ipods on here and theres load of mentions about it
  19. Mr.B.ThatsMe

*sigh* :(
  20. LeeTheMackem

have you tried this anapod software anyway colin?Is it easier than i tunes?