Hughton Sacked..

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Conway, Dec 6, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Thats us getting relegated then. Get yer bets in before they make it odds-on favourite..
  2. adam.

adam. kthxbi

I'm absolutely wounded Xmas and digital society has cleared my bank out this month, I would have put a ton on Pardew becoming manager the moment hughton was sacked.
  3. graham

graham Registered User

Thats the bit that confuses me. Even from a Sunderland fan's point of view I cant work out what Ashley is thinking in all this...

Its like one of my old champ man games when I would take over Newcastle and sell all their best players and buy my reserves for millions. Except he's doing it in real life :lol:
  4. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Registered User

I appreciate he's not the ''big-name'' and inspirational choice we all wanted / hoped for. However, let's not crucify the guy before he's even started. We have to get behind him and the team and wait to see what happens.

2 good similar examples are Ian Holloway and Tony Pulis, 2 'lower league' managers with poor records who are doing OK now.

We aren't in the position we were 8,10,15 years ago where we could persuade the likes of Gullit and Robson (RIP) to join us.

FFS give the guy a chance, because if not and all the protests and rallies start up again we could end up in exactly the same position we were the last time all this happened - we were relegated.

This is exactly the problem with Newcastle / Newcastle fans. It's a different time so maybe a different approach is needed.

Good luck Alan, hope it works out for you.
  5. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

I really can't get my head round it?
    You'd think for a man who broke attendance records, got players working again, manager of the month 3/4 times in the Championship, created a new Club record of 17 unbeaten games and got us promoted 6 weeks before the League ended. This season managed to put 6 past villa, won Everton away, 5 past Sunderland, won Arsenal away and drew with Chelsea - all whilst being the lowest paid Manager in the Premiership would be enough for any Director with half a brain to believe he was finally onto a winner after all the doom & gloom.
  6. Gary Proud

I hate to break it to you but I don't think Pardew reads the nucastle forum

P.s. Santa isn't real either :wink:
  7. graham

graham Registered User

Feel free to ignore me being a mackem like ;) but I think the main reason for the protests isnt really to do with Pardew - its the fact they have sacked a manager who has done a good job over the past 18 months and achieved a lot considering he has had no resources, and then brought in a manager who has a worse record than Hughton in the top flight and whose last job was being sacked from a League 1 side.

Im sure if Pardew had been brought in at the start of last season then the fans would have been right behind him, though its the way the whole situation has been handled and the treatment of someone who did very little wrong in 18 months in charge that is driving the protests.
  8. Gary Proud

Nail on head mate.

@James - It's never been about the lack of support or backing from fans. It's about the constant roller coaster of events we have to go through which are created by 1 man. Stats should speak for themselves in any managerial role and what Hughton did for us should have been commended with a new contract, end of. Maybe he wasn't the right man for the job, maybe he'd never get us to those dizzy heights the hierarchy think were capable of, worse still, maybe we went straight back down again this season, but if anyone deserved that success or struggle it was him.
  9. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

Taken from BBC 606:

Sacking Chris Hughton and appointing Alan Pardew is like divorcing Cheryl Cole to marry Susan Boyle!!!!!

It's all wrong.
  10. Willa

Willa Registered User

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYpWlUTf0mU"]YouTube - Mike Ashley tells Chris Hughton he is sacked[/ame]
  11. graham

graham Registered User

12. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

judging by the rumours around the internet, it's Carl Fletcher :lol:

nothing set in stone or official out there on this however, at least after a spurious google search.
  13. Congay

Congay Registered User

Panto Season at the Sports Direct Stadium :D :D :D
  14. Gary Proud

Make or break for us yesterday, I think had we lost, it may have caused a snowball effect of negativity (still plenty time yet I know). However, great result for us & it showed no matter what that complete joke throws at us, the players can rise above it & get on with the job in hand - god knows they've had enough practice now
  15. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

Whoever's decision it was to bring on Nile Ranger, changed the game for us. Not sure how much Pardew had to do with it seen as Beardsley and Stone picked the team

The atmosphere was spot on aswell, plenty of support for the team instead of 90 minutes of Mike Ashley songs
  16. jonny123456

jonny123456

:hump::hump::hump:
    :lol::lol::lol: