how long has everyone on here been clubbin for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sloppy, Apr 2, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

1. Miss Tootsie

Miss Tootsie

driving the wrong way up a tram-only lane.
    Re: how long has everyone on here been clubbin for?

God I remember that feeling!!!!!! hehe!!!

Its about 2 years for me, maybe a little more. My first 'real' clubbing experience was Renaissance in Nottingham and i absolutely loved it.

Feel as though i havent been out in ages tho' cos i am stuck in dissertation hell!! :(
  2. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

3-4, promise is deffo the new shack I thinks
  3. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

6 years of 'proper clubbing' regularly. I did make the odd venture into clubland long before that though. First time was way back in 1988, the Wag in London, in the early acid house days!

Personally I don't think Promise is the new Sugar Shack as everytime I have been there it has been the most unfriendly place in the world.
  4. bax

bax

14 yr,since 1988 does that make me a grandad???
  5. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

If it does then I'm a grandma!
  6. bax

bax

fancy going to the bingo then?? lol
    these nightclubs are killing me lol
  7. miss_messy

miss_messy Registered User

no, but it makes me feel a damn site better! lol :D
  8. bax

bax

dont laugh at your elders you cheeky young pup!!!:D
  9. bort

bort

it started 6 years ago going to K2 and Klute in Durham until i was of legal age then moved on to the ikon, legends and the like until wonderland and promise came along
  10. mr. brook

mr. brook Registered User

iv only been proper clubbin about a year, mainly cos i could never get in newhere cos i used 2 av a rite baby face :(

went 2 crasher 4 1st time in feb last year, and from then was hooked, goin passion nearly every week untill me exams in da summer.

also remember SWEAT in northampton, was like every other month held in a town hall kinda thing, used 2 get scott bond and jon kelly, and i aint seen a room so full of charvars in all me life. there was also frisky in northampton which is wot got me into clubbin properly. it was s-club 7 downstairs and jon kelly upstairs (every other week he played, arghhh) so i never knew which floor was actually better music!!!
  11. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

erm, yeah I did! been clubbing 2yrs and a bit, but was a bit off and on until back end of last year.

Started going to The Palace in Bedlington with Fizz and Ness, ah happy days, which is where I met MyMonkey cos he was the main DJ there.

Used to go to Shindig canny bit and loved it (still do) but started going to Promise after I went to see Jules there and loved the place and still do.

... sounds like a few ppl's 1st night at promise was when Jules played in Nov/Dec 2000
  12. my monkey

my monkey Registered User

Currently residing at Tribal Sessions in Sankeys s

2 years? and you're how old??
    Better make up for lost time, mate!

Me iz been clubbin since 1992, in the days of Hac !
    Got heavy duty with Crasher at the Adelphi, but couldnt go every week cos I was always DJing on Fridays and Saturdays.

Been DJing in clubs since 1990 - OH MY GOD, how old am I ???
    Oh those days of Alison Limerick and Candi Statton & the source !

Yep - I'll be clubbing on my pension soon I think ....!
  13. spooky

spooky Registered User

4 years :eek: Crasher first, then sundiss a month later. Late starter tho :p Ooh, and most of it has lost its apeal, i still love going out to be with my mates but the whole 'clubbing' thing is a bit of a chore :rolleyes: But i wouldnt dream of doing anything else!
  14. helz

helz Registered User

thankyou!! someone else who noticed lol....ive never met such a nasty crowd as the one at sugarshack...obviously there are exeptions but where the hell where they??

as for the grandma thing....i got a txt message off someone of the board asking me if i wanted to go down the bingo :D

(doesnt add that she was already a member of gala bingo doon the road)
  15. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

i never thought the shack was unfriendly...made i was just unaware though of all the nasty people cos the last time i went it was full of total arses...felt like a total different club
  16. helz

helz Registered User

i spose when your used to a club and you know alot of people then you wouldnt notice it...im sure it was you that used to feel the same about promise? or was that mark? dunno, anyway, i always felt really un safe there
  17. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

I just found that at Sugar Shack everyone stared at me really oddly because I am not small and girly with a little frock on and nice long straight hair, and I don't look about 15! Bright blue pvc trousers and blonde spikes just didn't fit in. And the fact that I looked like I was enjoying myself.

I will concede that I could be totally wrong, but that's the impression I got of the place the few times I have been.
  18. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

my first trip to promise was like that yeah...i didnt think it was all that friendly...but lookin bac at sugarshack i didnt really know that many people to be honest...i just never really found it an exceptionally unfriendly club...we went in cyber though so we always got people comin up to talk to us so maybe thats why i didnt find it unfriendly

pretty much despise the place now though which is a shame:rolleyes:
  19. Madascheese

Madascheese

:D
    10 Year this summer - & yep I still get butterflies, still can't eat for days in adavnce of big nights out, like Creamfields n the like, (or any other event that has Paul Van Dyk:eek: ).
    Still can't eat for days after either !!:confused: :confused:
  20. crashjim

crashjim

Sometimes im proud of this but somtimes it makes me feel sick! but ive been banging it out for 9 years now! I started going to raves like Galactica and Fantazia at the ripe age of 15!! at 16 i went to this new place called gatecrasher??? The other week i celebrated my 8th year going to crasher!!!! I was in my element at red and black on saturday!!