house + funky stuff

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mr. Revel, Sep 24, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

ta for all the help!!!

its gonna be a bit of an adventure!!!
    im gonna order a selection of stuff today i think....make a nice change from trance...!!
  2. kid

kid Registered User

There new tune is wickid!
    think its called sound of violence or something like that
  3. Simon Stuart

Simon Stuart Registered User

like the Tiefscharz mix and the Steve Edwards vocal but it aint that original. Maybe I'm just expecting too much, Cassius kinda broke the mould first time round...
  4. Simon Stuart

Mr Revel -what you gonna go for then?
  5. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

If ya is looking for a cd to buy try "sublininal presents pacha ibiza 2002" tis very good
  6. Allie

Allie Registered User

I just bought that CD. Jose Nunez warms up and fires off like he always does. I really don't know many DJs that are as devastatingly fantastic as Mr Nunez. Maybe Derrick Carter and Erick Morillo of that ilk, but that's about it. By far one of the top jocks atm. Such tuneage as the Scumfrog Mix of Mr Hermano's 'Free As The Morning Sun' and Derrick Carter's 'Where Ya At?' stick out from the first disc like a sore thumb.

For disc two, Subliminal's king of 'pellas and three-deck wizardry, Mr Harry "Choo Choo" Romero takes to the wheels of steel, and does nearly as well as Mr Nunez. A lot of big names on this one, with traks such as 'Shiny Disco Balls' and 'Sting Me Red' from Who Da Funk, Josh Wink's very massive Acid Dub Interpretation of FC Kahuna's 'Machine Says Yes', and Harry's own collaboration with DJ Lace, 'Keep Your Head Up', which make it an absolute must-buy. Comes with a free DVD too, which features interviews from the afore mentioned duo, and Mr Subliminal himself, Erick Morillo. Buy it from HMV and you get a free Playlist CD too ;)

Oh, hope y'all enjoyed my lil mini-review there :p
  7. billyloner

billyloner

hmm havent actually heard 1999 :oops: have heard some of the tunes like, love em... just cant afford to buy the album and havent got round to downloadin it yet! really like sound of violence tho i havent heard them remixes ya mentioned... for somethin a bit different check out the narcotic thrust mix, not as good as safe from harm, but still a class tune ;)
  8. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Couldn't agree more! They rocked the space terrace in Ibiza this year and I heard that Sounds of Violence track a couple of times out there too, at Circo Loco it sounded great but back in blighty it just sounds a bit flat and the vocal is quite frankly tosh. It's regression not progression from that filtered sound of 1999.
  9. Simon Stuart

ha ha! Promisealways finally has a HOUSE mafia crew!
  10. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

lol, i was just about to say:eek::p
  11. billyloner

billyloner

lolol ;) went to gatecrasher 8th birthday on saturday, spent about an hour or so in the funky room! come up in the funky room, was class, tim deluxe - it just wont do, thomas bangalter & dj falcon - together, bel amour - bel amour, bassment jaxx - do your thing, amazing :D never thought id hear bel amour or together in a club!
  12. Guest

has anyone heard the new bangalter nd Falcon Tune ??? tis muchos muchos grande!! :funky:
  13. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

we dont really like the music ya know its just that loads of really fit women frequent the always room and ya kinda just pick things up while in there.
  14. Allie

Allie Registered User

God, the new Falcon & Bangalter tune, 'So Much Love'. OMFG what a corker! Best thing that's come out of France in a long long time!

I can't get my hands on it :( :( :(

Anyone know where I may be able to purchase a copy?
  15. Guest

dunno like mate have tried all the usuall places but cannot find it anywhere!!! tis such a good tune like!
  16. Allie

Allie Registered User

That it is. Definately one of the tunes of the year. I need the fecker! :(
  17. Guest

mate have u heard Junior sanchez vs Moby - Southside???? tis very cool although tres cheeky!
  18. billyloner

billyloner

so much love to give is a fucking tune :eek: beautiful! so simple yet just... :D :D :D amazing tune :D
  19. Allie

Allie Registered User

Definate end of the nighter like. I aint heard that Sanchez Vs. Moby tune, but I'll be sure to check it out.
  20. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Thomas Bangalter and DJ Falcon are making a rare DJ appearance at the Tribal Gathering Weekender. If anyone is interested.