Hed Kandi Leaving stereo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, Jul 13, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. scruf

scruf Registered User

whats wrong with that you tit?
  2. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Re: Re: Hed Kandi Leaving stereo?

I heard Stereo will be closing too.
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Re: Re: Hed Kandi Leaving stereo?

Thats what I heard.

Don't tokyo own "the other rooms"?

I doubt they'd go under, they've got a few other places in Oldham and Manchester and they seem to do well out of it.
  4. markyc24

markyc24

everything cock nose
  5. paul

paul Registered User

here we go again :rolleyes:
  6. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

at the end of the day from what i've heard its not my sort of music, but i think its clever that they found a gap in the industry and done well for themselves.
    its obvious by how many people they get in that more people enjoy the night than dislike it, they get some stick but if u ran the club would you care what the minority thought, i know i wouldn't :lol: :D
  7. markyc24

markyc24

you can say that all you want mate....its just i don like being called
    a tit for expressing my opinion :rolleyes:
  8. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Hed Kandi is a business, and at that a very very popular one both UK & Abroad, no one can argue that..

When you run a business you want it to be the way it is for them (ie making money left right and centre) so people should just let it be, it cant please everyone but what can nowadays ?!?!

If the sky's blue its black to some people :rolleyes:
  9. markyc24

markyc24

true! it is a great buisness but not very good music (in my OPINION)

nothing can please everyone as theres such a wide span of music and taste's these days
  10. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

Was only a matter of time before Stereo was sold. Prime location. Will get plenty for it. Makes sense for them to move Hed Kandi to the Other Rooms.

The Other Rooms is starting to shape up :)

Would be extremely surprised if Foundation is still there at Xmas.
  11. Badger

Badger

Do you really think it is the Hed Kandi brand that is important?
    Admittedly they brought Hed Kandi to Newcastle, but Stereo is now kept afloat by one night imo.

When Hed Kandi pulls out (in a couple weeks) do you think anything will change. It is by far the busiest night on a sunday, and has re-established the sunday night culture over last couple of years.
    Me thinks sundays will be full of same crowd, not noticing a different DJ, or different decor, listening to the same tunes???

Just remember that competition is always a good thing...

Now people know hed kandi is leaving, how many new nights do you think will be starting on a Sunday for that crowd. Hopefully revitalise a sunday.

As for future of Stereo, looks bleak to me. Prime piece of land, they have no nights (With stonelove/shindig/kandi all gone).
    Imagine £150k+ an apartment with view of Baltic & Tyne Bridge.
  12. Danny_Habit

very naive if you think that mate
  13. Danny_Habit

The brand is probably the key reason for the success of Hed Kandi
  14. Badger

Badger

Will be happy to surprise you then x:D

save comments like that for message boards that no-one cares about or reads.
  15. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

When launching any new venture cash flow is one of the most important factors.

Launching a new night is a piece of piss, small costs.

However when launching a new club you will incur huge costs and become very dependent on existing revenue streams, I would of imagined stereo is one of tokyos biggest money makers and I'd of thought losing business that made stereo a success would have a potentially damaging effect.

When launching a company its not a case of whether its going to be succesful, its not a matter of how many companies you own, its not a case of past success - a lack of cash flow will sink you.

Many succesful business fail because they expand too fast and run out of cash... being succesfull can bankrupt you if your not careful :)
  16. Badger

Badger

When read in context... :rolleyes:

When talking about Hed Kandi at Stereo....
    Now it is established, if you took away the branding 80% people wouldn't know/care. The same tunes will be played regardless.
  17. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I guess only time will tell on that front... depends on what foundation have up their sleeves and what else mark is planning...

As for tokyo, they may be losing hed kandi @ stereo but at the same time they'll be making money hand over fist at digital + the other rooms when they do open... provided they've made a good job of the place of course.
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

They're launching a new club at the worst possible time.

In my experience clubs ahve always been dead during the summer periods, people have better things to do.

I've seen so many clubs come and go in newcastle, just because digital is new and housing some succesful nights doesnt garuantee its success.

Foundation has a great history and a proven track record - I doubt the locals will just dismiss it and write it off.
  19. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I agree with you there, I'm certainly not stop going to the place regardless of whats on at digital.

Guess we'll find out pretty quickly if WaxDig Kandi fans like the new place or if they prefer the old. It depends on whether they like the place or the name of the night.

I see they're gutting sugar at the moment and turning it into the new powerhouse... it looks rank. Ew! :lol:
  20. Danny_Habit

Badger,

I hope Im wrong. I really hope Foundation does stay and hopefully they will have plenty of success in the future. Good luck to all concerned :)

Joe, these nights such as Shindig and Stonelove are not just any old nights. They are small institutions in Newcastle. People trust these brands and will follow them. Added to the line ups Wax:On are pushing (who have built a huge student following v quickly) and the ventures at the Other rooms with Hed Kandi etc then I cant see how it can fail. New soundsystem, bigger line ups, closer to centre of town.