Guy Ornadel on NYE

Discussion in 'Music' started by Congay, Jan 2, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

did your mate find out his excuse for playin the way he did then?
  2. TryHard*tidyShaun

TryHard*tidyShaun Registered User

My mate has it word for word what was said in his signature on another board; it went like this

Teddy: "Are you Guy Ornadel?"

Guy Ornadel's mate: "Woah, real hardcore clubber here, he doesn't even know who you are!"

Teddy: "I don't know who you are cos you were wank, I've never known anyone kill an atmosphere in this place like you did tonight, you were utter shit. I hope they never let you back in."

Guy Ornadel's mate: "Don't worry about him Guy, he's not Gatecrasher... he's just a Rockport."
  3. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

hmmm k:rolleyes:
  4. TryHard*tidyShaun

if you dont believe me, go onto the crasher board and look at chris 00 ave its' signature
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Registered User

But do we believe the words of a "rockport" ??? ;) :p :lol:

Av gotta say tho ad like to think this was a one'off.......

Cant say that mr ornadel has ever played a BAD set wen av seen him......sumfink was up...

Maybe an imposter? :rolleyes:
  6. x Rachey x

x Rachey x Registered User

:lol: :lol: Teddy isn't a Rockport, he lives and breathes Gatecrasher and was a cyber untill not long ago... he summed up what everyone else in the place thought really well, trust me Guy Ornadel nearly ruined that night
  7. Ste

Ste Registered User

yeh what she said!

guy is a complete nob!
  8. Cyberdog

Cyberdog

Ornadel was shit end of he even played joykitikonti joy dont stop which is shite:monkey:
  9. Rob

Rob Registered User

Guy has always played well when I've heard him @ Promise and before he was a big name @ Gatecarsher back in the days (we were like "Guy Orna-who? :spangled:) :D .

I suppose we all have off days @ work but when it's a DJ it's a major issue as it can fuck up everyone's night.

He is a top class DJ (no doubt) but I was not @ Republic on NYE so I really can't comment on how/what he played.

We all make mistakes somethimes so don't hang the gezza for it, it's a tough job to stay 100% sober/on the ball if you're working on NYE. I should know as I've failed before more than once :D.
  10. El Maracca

El Maracca Registered User

Ornadel is fucking mint.
    The fact he plays one bad set does not make him shit.
  11. Dez

Dez Registered User

Agree - I think its generally accepted he didn't have one of his better days on NYE but that doesn't cancel out all the good sets I've seen him play
  12. crashjim

crashjim

GuY Ornadel is and always has been my favourite DJ! From back in the days when he was a GC resident to now! He's never disapionted me, but i have to admit New Year was terrible! I dont think he should get so much flak for one set though! You could probably start a riot if you mentioned shit set from the likes of Tiesto on Boxing Day!
  13. Congay

Congay Registered User

yeah, thats the point og the thread.

guy used to rock.

now hes shite.
  14. TryHard*tidyClaire

TryHard*tidyClaire Registered User

Sorry for coming in on this late, but I have to say Guy ornadel really was shit. He completely ruined the night, and I've never heard the crowd at gatecrasher Boo a DJ at the end of his set. Even outside they were booing as he got into the car.

I have to admit, I'm no tune spotter. I always to clubbing first and foremost to have a good time with my mates, the fact that the music is class is a bonus. I'm not big on complaining either, I usually just get on with it.... it was just the fact that it was a classics night, and until Guy's set, the atmosphere was amazing, and he did ruin NYE for a couple of thousand people.

Thats the only reason I started that thread on his messageboard (cos i'm crash and gurn)
  15. TryHard*tidyShaun

Yup, there was total disregard for the era he should have been playing for. It's a classics night for a reason and he just simply ignored it and played whatever tickled his fancy. He deserved all he got in the way of abuse.

And it was rather funny when we were walking out Claire and us lot bumped into him ;)
  16. TryHard*tidyClaire

TryHard*tidyClaire Registered User

:lol:

I know. the 25th should prove to be very entertaining!
  17. Q TOY

Q TOY Registered User

As the curtain went round my cofin at the cremetorium i would have "Iam the god of hell fire" which i think was by Artur Brown or somewierd 70's guy
  18. Q TOY

Q TOY Registered User

That was supposed to go in the what song at your funneral thread. (something went very very wrong)
  19. SILVERFOX

SILVERFOX

Do the people who were there not think that he might have just got confused:confused:

If you think about it the old stuff he did play was from that era.He might have just thought that he had to play some stuff from that time.Dunno:confused:

I do agree though his 1st time at promise he was much better than he is now.