Goodgreef/promise @ Ikon

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Vicky Vegas, Mar 15, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. graham

graham Registered User

I would fancy this night, though there is so much better stuff on next month elsewhere that i cant see me making it.

The fact is Ikon is a horrible club, and i would never dream of going if it wasnt a Promise/GG event, last years was average, nothing more. They had Above and Beyond following Lady Dana, hardly the sign of a top trance night :lol: and the crowd was pretty shit. There was times i moved place in the club as didnt feel comfortable with wrecked charvers staring each other out and touching up my lass every fucking 10 mins. Compare this to clubs like Passion, Gods ect and you see how shit the crowd really is.

Im much more looking forward to Junior G at cosmic Ballroom personally. Give me a small dark club, big soundsystem and a fucking top DJ like Askew anyday over a big event like this, DJ's you see everywhere, and a crowd that havent a hint of musical knowledge and whose idea of a good night involves getting stabbed, kebab shop and an STD from a shady fat bird :lol:
  2. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is an exact summary of what happened at the boat on NYD. :D
  3. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

i'm going for amy's (& my birthday night out) i wasn't going ot go til amy paid for my ticket :lol:

should b a good laugh....going to get hammered :drunk:
  4. Barkov

Barkov

such a shame that clubbers are so close minded these days. carl cox is a "shite" dj by these standards, although when theres a name involved theres usually a double standard. difference being tylorleigh was unheard of so she can't get away with playing anything she wants, otherwise she wouldve been slagged off even worse. i loved the tech stuff, as i do, but the trance was good too. i didnt get a look at her until over halfway through her set, so i'm not being visually biased either.

anyway, ....actually ill stop.
  5. Barkov

Barkov

aye ikon's getting changed soon enough, no need to worry. no more charvs. just mean they'l all be chucked out to a club near you now.

music policy will be changed too, which is gutting, cause even though there's nothing special to hard vocal trance, scouse bounce, and commercial hard dance, where the fuck else in newcastle or nearby can you hear anything remotely as fun? all it is, is fucking terrible, shocking, uninvolved, music to score to, studenty, wankery, pathetic club-top-o-the-pops-house. fucking wank that is.

i much prefer ikon's current music policy to that of say blu bambu, baja, etc etc....

oh and there's gonna be a decent dj hired for thursday nights before closing up, dunno when, but soon, probably just uin envy for the time being tho... im REALLY lookin forward for this tho!!! that and jeff is starting to get more sets on saturday nights...

oh aye, i wish everyone couldve heard a few weeks ago in ikon, james got mortal and started playing a proper set geting harder and faster and going a bit hardcore... less and less vocals, really taking it somewhere, but the charvers looked lost and wu manager told him to stop.

thats what newcastle needs tho, in any genre, just a dj who'll take the crowd someplace, rather than just playing a collection of songs from a playlist of popularity....
  6. Chris_Spence

Chris_Spence Registered User

to be honest id rather have a beer in bambu, and listen to the latest pop/cheese etc and have a laugh, than go to Ikon, listen to shite music and most likely get eyed up for my change or my watch by some charver scum!
  7. M.C.E

M.C.E 1981-2013

Cheers for that...:lol:
  8. Barkov

Barkov

lol. lmao. lmfao. :D :oops: :rolleyes: :( :cool: :D :) :p :confused: :p :( .......... bagh....... hehehehe
  9. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

I'm goin - shud b gud!

One Point - can't b arsed draggin t thread out but there was a thread 1 or 2 yr/s ago wen this same event was on and people were askin for IKON to be the new Promise venue!?
  10. Renzo

Renzo

cant wait for this one like, last couple have been mint.
  11. Barkov

Barkov

if ikon gets done nicely and the charvas get disheartened by the masses of others in there, ikon would be a good venue... its big, its got the lights and smoke and bubbles and glitter and sometimes foam to go mad in... but the charvas and sticky floors, and the audacious brightness of the ambient lights spoil the mood for good music. thats why its best suited for bounce and hard stuff...

i reckon if people came here, ikon wasnt called ikon and didnt know its reputation, they'd like it... its just well... i dunno... summit not right about it anyway....
  12. Renzo

Renzo

Have to admit ive on;y been to Ikon about 4 or 5 times and never had a problem with the charva's, most charva's won't give you must hassle unless you give them stick in my opinion.
  13. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Well yeah that's because it's obviously an alright venue it just happens to be inhabited by complete and utter scruffs.
  14. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

I'm going and I've even managed to get Hogg to come too!!

I'm determined to have a good night (the tequila cocktails I'm making before we go out might help quite a bit).

Roll on Sunday!!!

And I apologise in advance for my drunken shenanigans (I have to drown my sorrows cos I'm old!!!)
  15. andrewace

andrewace WooT

going 2 this just got tickets now via email so do all i do is take the printed page 2 the door
  16. macas

macas Registered User

It was actually a good night, not very busy like, a few charvas knocking about but saw no trouble at all, some where human enough to talk to
  17. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

it was boring we left by 11 :down:
  18. Barkov

Barkov

11? what light weights.... i got clocked off at 1am and went to envy, fucking amazing in there. scott project's canny good n'all, proper funny like! i was the last one dancing in envy too.. Intoxicating Rhythm! thank you whoever yous were called. and the guy that played willaim faber-mass hysteria too! went mad fro that. oh and the tech trance mix of advanced (in envy not last song of night in ikon)//

im blabbin away.

and all this was on a comedown.... infact ive never been to promise/goodgreef when i wasnt comming down... i think it makes me dance more....
  19. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

nowt to do with being light weights, it's called BORDEM....i didn't stop partying til 11 am dear!!! :D
  20. Barkov

Barkov

aw... oh well... a lot of people were wingeing on the lack of vocal tracks, but thats the way i dig it, baby! heads down, dance mania; none of this singing along badly malarchy.

but you know what this means: if people were getting bored, then people dont like promise anymore (seeing as GG is doing so wel still), and that means no revival...

shitty shitty shite shot//