Goodgreef/promise @ Ikon

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Vicky Vegas, Mar 15, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

1. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

sorry it was mostly directed at stephen, and yeah it had events at ikon then, none of which i attended either, my point was just i have some good memories of when i first went and dont want to spoil them going to this shadow of a night with the same name :)
  2. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

i wouldn't have went to that night no, i only went thinking it was the last promise and wanted to see off a night i loved in the past, noone on that line-up meant anything to me.

i used to love promise when it was promise, and had a great atmosphere and varied line-ups, now there are loads of other nights with the sort of music i prefer now so why would i go support a guy who i think is a total knob for the hell of it?
  3. Jess C

Jess C Tookie

Fair enough if like it always was at ikon I would understand every1s points...its just tyhe fact that easter bank holiday has always been at ikon for the last 2/3 years and the one I went to was class! It wasnt anymore full of charvers than any other event would have been!
  4. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

not wanting to go to ikon doesnt mean you have an elitist attitude...it means you dont like going to shitty clubs full of arseholes

promise died ages ago
  5. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

no, my post wasn't really about this event anyways, but promise as a whole, i've just moved on to prefer other things now, nothing to do with being too cool to go, just wouldn't enjoy it like i did :)
  6. Stephen

Stephen the reel master

i agree with your point about promise being dead

i just find it strange that people are quick to say "im not going there because its full of charvas"........

fair play to peter if he has a problem with the bloke behind promise, he's entitled to that but i am the type of person who would treat everyone the same whether wearing a stripy fred perry jumper or a dinner jacket & dicky bow....... i have mates from all walks of life, farmers, charvas, loaded people, skint people so it gets my goat up when people say daft judgemental things like that

goodgreef is a big organisation and will attract a lot of people from all over, not just teenagers from benwell

not slating shindig i like it, but everyone knows it can sometimes be full of moody, foot tapping trainspotters & stuck up fuckers with beards and long hair looking down their nose at you........... having the choice of that or having to "put up" with 2000 loved up scallys & goodgreef types in cyber, i know where the better atmosphere would be....... but compare a NORMAL night at ikon without goodgreef & promise and its totally different
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

a-fucking-men

Promise wasn't just the music - it was everything AS HAS BEEN PROVEN. It was the people, the club, the atomosphere, the music, the attitude - EVERYTHING.

IKON is a stinking shithole full of scrawny little gurners with their shirts off proving the old myth to non-clubbers that 'this type of music is all about the drugs' - it's only a step up from the monkey

i'm glad it's a good night for the ikon punters - Promise is a great brand with a good reputation that can draw some of the best DJs around.
  8. Stephen

Stephen the reel master

there will be plenty of gurners with their shirts off at detox mate, it goes hand in hand with the clubbing 'industry'..
  9. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i disagree - ikon has its own punters same as any other clubs - people who are loyal to that club.

you could go to a shindig or stonelove night when it was at foundation and see familiar faces - because people put their trust and were loyal to the place (although now things have changed i believe cause so much changed at foundation)

ikon has it's own punters that will come along most nights - not saying their won't be VISITORS from all over - there will, but there will be a lot of locals.
  10. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

exactly, it will be nigh on impossible to recreate the atmosphere of the promise of old in a shithole such as ikon

even if the people there are pilled up, they are still scallies, simple as.
  11. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

you'll find detox very much has it's own loyal following - a wide smattering of clubbers from across the board - this is it's appeal.

my beef is with the IKON massive
  12. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

Mate, if I didn't have other plans I would probs go to Ikon just to support the night. I love trance but, at the same time I hate the venue. Apart from the fact it stinks and attracts the wrong people to most (if not all) the nights it hosts it's just not the sort of place I want to go and dance, as in stick to the floor, and wave me glowstick!

I hope it does well for Promise's sake although it's a shame that because of the trance scene in Newcastle it has to rely on putting big names like Jules on to draw the crowd and can't stick to the original prog/trance music policy they originally set out have. It's an even bigger shame they have to rely on using a venue like Ikon to pull off a night like this too.......
  13. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

i once went to sundissential north east at ikon. it was badass. :lol:
  14. scruf

scruf Registered User

haha how old are you really? :lol:

People won't go to promise at ikon because they don't like the club, I went to promise for years, but I've never felt a deeply emotional affiliation to what in effect was a night run by a bong eyed cokehead? dry them for christs sake..

and what is your constant little issue with people being fickle or having varied taste, or shock horror - an opinion, you seem like quite a bitter little boy, whys everything a competition?

Lifes too short to be so worried about so little, maybe thats why you haven't got a job ;)
  15. Stephen

Stephen the reel master

what the fuck are you going on :lol:

i make my point about people being choosy about the clubs they go to because of the apparent clientele - can you not accept that also? my opinion is that i wouldnt let a shit venue spoil an otherwise not bad lineup - its widely known passion is a sweaty little shithole but that dont stop many going?

whats a competition scruf? ive made by opinion and you've made yours, fair play, im not forcing it down anyones necks - i keep repeating fair play coz i respect that everyone has their own opinion...

at the end of the day life is too short scruf. so drop the snidey little winky remarks - ive been on sick leave for a long time & found out a while back i have no job to return to. if you want to make personal statements save it for when we inevitably bump into each other :wink:
  16. Wor Jackie

Wor Jackie Smackheed

pppppppfffffffffffftttttt. thats a bit harsh like. is it true?:lol: :lol:
  17. linzi

linzi Registered User

i said id pop along and show my support for mallet n chunkos in the back room .........
  18. scruf

scruf Registered User

:lol:

you really need to curb you infatuation, even eyeball doesn't pine for my attention this much and we have matching plimsoles :love:
  19. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

:lol: :lol:

ive learnt to tone it down, otherwise i will just get hurt
  20. Stephen

Stephen the reel master

what sort of plimsolls are they and where did you get them ??