getting fit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruth, Apr 10, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. yogi

yogi Registered User

Just go and lift some weights and have done with it, turn that flab into muscle :)
  2. JockB

JockB Registered User

If you drive, start walking. If you get the bus or metro, get off one stop early and walk the rest.

Consistent excercise is the best way to do it.

Doesn't cost anything. :up:
  3. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

I was telling Yvonne that Im gonna start going to the gym again and she said she's probs gonna come too. You should join us!
  4. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

i don't have the time spare to join a gym & waste a fee each mth on something i can't get too...finishing at 7, 8 or 10pm isn't the easiest thing to allow me to make it to a gym on a regular basis!! :)
  5. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

idrive...walkng to work isn't an option it;s a 40 min car journey away...i also need to drive to get to my mates house cos it's a 10 min drive up hill! :D
  6. JockB

JockB Registered User

Yer kidding yerself on then Ruthey !!

You've got to make some sacrifices and be at least a bit determined. This I can’t do this, I can’t do that is all a scapegoat.

A 30 min walk every day would be a massive difference. Especially with the nice light nights ... do it :up:

:D
  7. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

that's why i'm going to do that.....

but my priority is getting the cash together for japan.

i don't have spare cash to join a gym & not have time to go (which i know is going to b likely) ...i know this which is why i'm not doing it...i'm going to find the cash from somewhere to get a pair of trainers to go walking/running/jogging in!! :D
  8. Tiger

Tiger Registered User

Yeah its quite intresting.....I wihs I was so clued up then maybe I wouldnt eat so much crap! :p

I went to the Arena on Saturday night I weight myself before I went out and I was 7stone 9 I cam back and weight myself adn I was 8 stone (my God!!!) :evil: :mad: I ahve never seen 8 stone on the scales before! Im too scared to get back on now! :cry:

My love handles are comming along great thou! :lol:
  9. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

Just come when you can and pay that way instead of joining :D
  10. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

Got to Sports Soccer and get a cheapy pair. If u wanna start running I'll come with ya if u want. It'll have to be after I start my new job though cos I dont have the time atm :D
  11. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

think i mite do cos i'm after a new pair of puma's too....may ask for hogg to get me them when i've found the ones i want, if he wud that is? :D

yup we cud go running/jogging together,specially with the summer coming up! :D
  12. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

You might as well get them yourself when you're there cos he can't get discount for you and the staff are only allowed a 2 hour slot every week when they can buy stuff. You'll be waiting a while for them if you ask him to get them :D
  13. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

doom, for me..was hoping he cud get me a staff discount, i'll b waiting a while then cos can't afford to buy both a new pair of everyday trainers & trainers for getting fit in!!!! :)
  14. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

I told you that the last time you asked hun. just buy cheap trainers for running in. If you want to get fit you have to put some effort into it. If you dont get trainers you'll keep putting it off and you'll never start. Just do it :D
  15. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

i'll get them when i have the cash to...simple as...i'm saving for a trip of a life time & thats a hell of a lot more important to me than getting fit!!! & i need shoes for everyday wear which is also a bigger priority than trainers to go running in!! :D