Fave Picotto tune????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rozz, Apr 25, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

Pulsar (megamind mix)
    Verdi
    Komondo
  2. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

if it wernt for his earlier stuff though i doubt he would be as big a dj as he is now...wish he would just play his fcukin old stuff sometimes....his more techno soundin stuff is good but does get borin after a while...very borin...Zzzzz
  3. Guest

i know, i wished he had played some old stuff last night!!:(
  4. spud693

spud693 Registered User

Too right! iguana is his best tune, you just cant help but smile when you hear it. i like the stuff he played last night, but its given me a headache now!
  5. Harper

Harper Registered User

Has to be Bangkok, gives the sounds system a good seeing to and kicks in mint!
  6. Guest

dont get me wrong i had a wicked night, i just wanted to hear at least one of his old tunes!!!
    i think it would of lifted the place just that lil bit more!!:D :p ;)
  7. MartsKitchen

MartsKitchen Registered User

Me is not a picotto fan but Iguana has to be the best, BK and Nick sentience mix
  8. Rozz

Rozz Registered User

thats the thing with Picotto, he never really does, nevermind! But playing something like Lizard or Iguana is best left to DJ's who arent as pounding anyway.
  9. Guest

all i wanted was just to hear ONE of his old tunes, just ONE!!!
    really really wish he had done!
  10. Rozz

Rozz Registered User

LOL! I know!
  11. Guest

just ONE, i only wanted ONE!!
  12. El Maracca

El Maracca Registered User

Too many too choose from. One noone mentioned tho

TAUB?- the one with the twilight zone sample in. Its fuckin evil!

Makes ya screw ya face up to it when ya dancin:mad:
  13. Broony

Broony Registered User

i asked 4 verdi 2 be put on and he was like yeah i will put it . but me mate asked 4 komodo or lizard on and he was like piss off lol
  14. Rozz

Rozz Registered User

LMAO! It wouldnt have really fitted in very well, would it?!!!!! hehe! nice try tho!:p
  15. Karl51

Karl51 Registered User

lol true roz put ur msn on or u not speakin to me got a feeling ur not!:eek: :confused: :eek:
  16. Rozz

Rozz Registered User

Of course I'm speaking to you! Check ya pm's! Oops! better write a one first! lol!
  17. One Eyed Wheeler

One Eyed Wheeler Gotta get me some Sasha soon or I'll go blind in b

Well I gave him my vinyl for him to sign - "Bug" by the man himself (you heard it - it's mental!!) and it would've been the ultimate honour if he'd dropped it in!! A signature was enough for me though - what a canny lad he is!!

I think Bug's one of his best offerings cos it's a lot different, the way it goes Wah Wah n if you're mixin it u realise that its slightly difficult at first to get your head round it cos the bass drums have been pushed half a beat ahead of the first "Wah". So the bass drum occurs straight after the first wah then the second wah occurs directly after the bass drum... oh hell I've confused meself!!! It's good anyway.

Taub is also one mentally mint tune I have to agree.

;) One Eyed
  18. One Eyed Wheeler

One Eyed Wheeler Gotta get me some Sasha soon or I'll go blind in b

Yeah but you gotta think on his side of things - would the majority of people've thought of him as being a bit tacky for dropping in one of his own tunes?? I would've loved it too but there's a lot of people criticising his set already! I think he played a blinder (maybe I'm just easily pleased) n I'm still slightly buzzing about it now (probably cos Ive not been out since the 2nd birthday AAAGGGHHHH!!!!! That's what a woman does to you. And no funds- gotta buy a better mixer, gotta buy a better mixer...) and ended up somehow in York the next day :eek: :confused: :confused: :p !!

Maybe if he'd dropped in a classic of his own people would've appreciated his set more, but on the other hand they could've considered him as a bit cheesey n tacked on for doin it and thusly written him off completely.

By the way, on the moon with the moon mice Lil Gem - aren't they called Clangers?
  19. Rozz

Rozz Registered User

the two above posts, very well said! It is a point of view i also share! Being a huge, massive fan of Picotto as a DJ and producer, so I appreciate his sets no matter what he would play coz i like it all. As for playing something like lizard or komodo, it wouldnt go with his sets, they are far too heavy for the reptile bunch! If a wanna listen to a bit of lizard, which quite often i do, i go and listen to them at home! LOL! There are two sides to this man and his music. I love them both! :D
  20. kalashnikov

kalashnikov Registered User

Mauro Picotto played an excellent set, he didn't put a beat wrong for 3 hours.

If you didn't like his track selection, at least credit him for his mixing.

I thought Matt Hardwick's track selection was shit, and it was a bit mish-mashed, what with Ding a Ling and then Massive and Don't Want Your Love. However, his mixing was fantastic, I'll credit him with that.

My favourite Picotto tune has to be Bangkok, although I rate him as a DJ much more than a producer. Komodo and Iguana and all his old ambient stuff would not have blended into his set, I'm very surprised anyone seriously hoped he'd play his 6 year old tracks. Few DJs do that anyway, even if it does go in with their set.