European capital of culture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cultured carlos, Jun 6, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

The Scallies aren't the problem for Liverpool its your average working class folk who once get a bit wealth/power change & forget there roots I.E Cilla & Tarby = WORKING CLASS TORIES NOW & DEREK HATTON TOOK MORE OFF THE PEOPLE LIVERPOOL THAN THE POLL TAX EVER DID!!

I will be in Liverpool this weekend, however I wont be going on a culture trip.
  2. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

i left all that behind in scunthorpe!

ive heard people at work talk about 2k, though it aint my cup of tea!
  3. TheSpence

Lets be honest do you think all the above will happen? The only city in the UK tourists are interested in is London. The whole thing is a white elephant.

As for cash Liverpool has just got £750 million off the EU, does it need more cash??? FUCK ME THE PLACE MUST BE WORSE THAN BASRA!!!

YOU ARE ANTI-GEORDIE!!
  4. TheSpence

Re: Re: Re: European capital of culture

Bzar (Used to be the Groat House) has a 1am licence but nobody stays so they only stay open till 12.
  5. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

I love Manchester, in all its glory it always amaizes me, i just havent fathomed out why yet!

We went on Boxing day to go to ascention and dared each other to run through the fountains in the street. I cant remember whether any of us did it though!
  6. Allie

Allie Registered User

Exactly :rolleyes:

My opinion is my opinion, but Layo & Bushwacka, MYNC, etc, etc are all average bookings.

They do have a Circus Vs Casa night comin up soon though :D
  7. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

fair enough

everyones got their own opinion ;)
  8. Simon Stuart

Simon Stuart Registered User

fuck the culture bid. This city will do what it's always done in the past and get on with it, on its own.

While I don't want to sound smug, as disappointed as I was, I'll admit that when I heard I was sort of pleased, considering how close the city's club community was to pulling off potentially one of it's most lucrative and memorable moments. The Love Parade. Then as now, we were shafted by incompetance and local politics.
    That loss fucked over a lot of people, To Die For etc. and we're still suffering.

Newcastle and Gateshead my arse, at one of the bid events Gateshead councillors stood on one side of the room, Newcastle the other for fucks sake. Next time the people should set up an independant bid, though in all honesty I don't think Newcastle needs it.

All that doesn't make the Liverpool bid better, I think they traded far more on their history, plus the fact that one of our main supporters is a Scouser speaks volumes.

There's so much more to say, but really don't have time. The most important thing now is focusing on what we have. What do you really want from this city? and what do you want from it's music scene? Most importantly though, what can YOU do to make that difference?