Drug Advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dale_fromage, May 4, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

i never said it wasn't and how do you know there isn't a safe dose of ecstasy/cocaine? what research backs this statement up?

i'm not after an argument, i'm just interested
  2. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

People have shown that tiny doses in animals damage brain and nerve cells, and in humans that after about 5 small doses (or something) you can see the difference on brain scans - and these differences link with later behavioral problems. Ecstasy is a great treatment for Parkinsons - but even at medical purity you couldn't use it because of this. Also it's pretty hard on your heart and blood vessels, and some people do end up with brain haemorrhages.

There's always the rare cases of people who die on their first pill (often when they've overdone the water but not always), and people who end up in hospital with movement problems and things - these are rare but happen.

**awaits rossy to blow me out of the water** :lol:
  3. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

ok so what does alcohol do to the body?
  4. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Is it this one?

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
  5. forks

forks still not dead

I'm sure that it's accepted that moderate alcohol use is safe (or even good for you) because there is a mammoth global drinks industry with the cash to promote the research favourable to it's products, and the political clout to see that it's products are not banned.

On the other hand there is a massive global effort to demonise other drugs with government grants to prove just how dangerous they are and a rabid press desperate for sensational stories of drug crazed youth leading to the death and destruction of society.

I'm sure all substances that you take into your body have the potential to cause harm. Some, like peanuts, cause death on quite a large scale but are not banned and some, like ecstasy, which cause relatively little are banned.
    It makes no sense at all, and I think at root is based on the Calvinist ideas of the American right that anything which is purely for pleasure is sinful.
    After all they only started on drugs when prohibition of alcohol failed.

and I'm sure I read somewhere that every pint destroys 100,000 braincells
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I don't understand how you've reached this conclusion, just because one drug has health benefits it doesn't mean that others will?

Our bodies are "designed" ;) to depend on the consumption of natural produce (like fruit), alcohol is one of these substances... it seems logical that it could boast health benefits.

Most drugs are not in the same category and those that do form naturally tend to be ingested in un-natural ways... so no just because alcohol has health benefits when taken moderatly, it doesn't mean that moderate heroin use could be good for us.
  7. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

[​IMG]

Alcohol is toxic at all concentrations
  8. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

yes but it also means that there could be a level of heroin use that is good for us
  9. Yosef Ha'Kohain

how?

theres no logic to this statement, man has never depended on heroin for his survival?

Alcohol has many properties that we physically need to survive.
  10. forks

forks still not dead

thats not what I said.
    I said that there are vested interests promoting their points of view.
    you can't take as fact what you read.

Our bodies are not 'designed' to do anything. they take in nutrients from any source that is made available to them. Some of those nutrients will have other, side, effects which may be bad for us. It has nothing to do with the percieved 'naturalness'
    after all arsenic is natural
  11. forks

forks still not dead

I know a man who depends on heroin for his survival
  12. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

i mean how do you know that heroin might not be beneficial to humans, if taken at some doses or any other drug for that matter

you cant exactly get a load of subjects and give them heroin can you
  13. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Since when was alcohol vital to a healthy life considering it's only been around for a matter of thousands of years?

What does it matter whether it's good for you anyway, there are more effective other means which are pretty much neccesities to leading a healthy life. What really matters is whether moderate use can cause long term problems, both can probably do this with heavy, long term use but can be perfectly safe if used in moderation.

Whether a drug is natural or not is no indication of how safe they are. To play devils advocate a lot of drugs are derivatives of the essential neurotransmitters inside our brains, certain drugs like MDMA mimmick them, GHB is a vital part of cells in all living things and DMT is present in the brains of all mammals which I think is natural in a much more meaningfull way than alcohol which is an intoxicant derived from something else.
  14. Yosef Ha'Kohain

the fermentation of the carbohydrates found in fruits (and what not) predates man.

And I didn't say alcohol was vital for our survival, I said the products which form it are vital for our survival... so it seems logical that there could be beneficial properties.
  15. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

hahahaha

Yeah, drink alcohol or die.
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:dunce:
  17. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

alcohol does have beneficial properties, and is recommended as part of a healthy diet

what i'm saying is how do you know other drugs don't have the same benefits
  18. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Man has been perfectly healthy without alcohol for a very long time and still is to this day. How is Ethanol vital to our survival when it's not even chemically related to anything which is and people can do perfectly well without it. It's not vital to health at all. What difference do the products that form it make when talking about Ethanol?
  19. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

Frank really takes offence when you ring up and ask them where the nearest place is to buy ket.

Stupid cow on the phone went nuts after I did it
  20. Yosef Ha'Kohain

lol rossy ethanol is vital to our survival, we create it internally.

And no-one drinks pure ethanol, to talk about the benefits of alcohol you'd have to talk about each individual drink as each one carries different properties and originated from different sources....