Do you think its wrong ....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HannahWild, Jul 13, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. HannahWild

HannahWild Registered User

As hard as it can be to understand, would it not be the nicer to try and understand rather than completely change your opinion of that person once you find out about theyre not this 'sane' person you thought they were.

Admitting to yourself that you're mentally unwell is harder than admitting it to anyone else. But if you do tell people they then treat you like dirt on the bottom of their shoe ... as though you're this horrible, nasty piece of work :confused: Why? :down:
  2. Katie

Katie Registered User

Course it would be nicer to try and understand, all im saying is its very hard for close family or friends to get close to someone when they are acting so out of control...

Its different when the person has admitted it to themselves sorry I misread.

I think its really brave to admit it to yourself and tell other people.
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

There always seems to have been a stigma about this, you even hear people using it as a put-down, "oh ignore her she's a bit loopy" or "he's a few fries short of a happy meal".

no need :down:

It's just like any other illness or condition, people need help and support to get through it.
  4. HannahWild

You confide in people that you're unwell only to be ridiculed and shut out :down:
  5. Katie

Katie Registered User

So so so true, but because you cant see it, it is a lot harder for people to try and get their heads round.

It is hard for other people to deal with as well as the person.

Ur very right though nobody should be put down like that its not on.
  6. Emma_Clare

Emma_Clare

I was due to start work at Bede Wing next week,been transferred to Hebburn now though. How long you been there for?:)
  7. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

You could say Murders have got mental problems

or Racists have got mental problems

or Dyslexics have got mental problems

or people who cant add 73 and 56 within 3 seconds have got mental problems

Most people would say 'Awww bless her she is a bi polar , we should give her a chance...its not her fault she is nasty to everyone'

but i bet they wouldnt say that about a murderer who the majority of them have serious mental issues

Where do you draw the line?

By the way Im not standing up for murderes here :lol:
  8. HannahWild

I believe that no matter how hard it may be for others to get their head around someones mental health, you just stop for one moment and imagine how screwed up their head is, what theyre having to deal with etc. That thought alone should be enough for people to drop the 'cant understand' card.

I cant understand myself why people change their minds so incredibly rapidly about someone when they find out theyre a wee bit insane :( I think its so unfair to look at them in a completely different way, they are underneath everything still the same person theyve always been. They still feel ... too much!!! They still need love and support and to be nutured like everyone else, if not a million times more. Yet people are so narrow minded they think that shutting the door and closing their eyes to them is the best way to deal with it :down:
  9. HannahWild

:eek: Lies! Who have you murdered?!! :lol:

Thats a whole other issue ... that has crossed a line. Mental health and suicide are one thing but taking someone elses is in a different league altogether and thats not what Im trying to get at here!
  10. HannahWild

Aiye! Calling people crazy when theyve already admitted it to themselves is no laughing matter. You wouldnt sit there and take the piss out of someone whos got cancer or any other illness, or suddenly shut them out. Its the time when people need you the most.
  11. cazz

cazz Registered User

thats why there is a stigma because people with mental health probs sometiimes could be capable of murder, which is wrong, however they still did not ask to think or feel the way they do. however, the people that commit these crimes are probably not taking there medication or have not seeked medical help. its a crazy old world.

i have suffered from anxiety and was on tablets for a long long time, thankfully i am ok now but its just a bloody awful thing to be poorly in the head. not only are you ill but a lot of the time you deal with it on your own cos people just dont wanna know or your frightened to tell them :( :(
  12. HannahWild

Say it took you six years to realise and face up to the fact that you're not well and the very very first person you ever tell wont breath a single word to you. And this person and their friends all take the piss ....... It cant store your faith in getting support from people can it.

It is very true that no one can help you unless you want to help yourself, but yet if you have opened up to someone and said yes I do want to get better and they turn their back on you because it is too much for them .... would it not send you deeper down :down:
  13. Katie

Katie Registered User

Thats the thing, you can only ever imagine why somebody feels the way they do, you can never understand fully enough to help them sometimes. Theres plenty of different cases anyway, the thought of how screwed up someone's head is doesnt mean you understand.
  14. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

nail on the head...
  15. HannahWild

No not understand but it should make you think more about what theyre going through rather than how it many effect you.
  16. Freddy Flintoff

Freddy Flintoff WE MISS YOU JOHN

I think its gash
  17. HannahWild

And that! :wink:
  18. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

your hair's mental thats for sure. :D
  19. HannahWild

:lol:

I never got the 'balder than pike' bit til ya changed your avatar heather ... fair play, id never have the guts to shave my hair off!!!
  20. Scottish_lass

Scottish_lass Registered User

i have a cousin that suffers from paranoia schizophrenia he's now in carrstairs due to his illness. I do feel sorry for him but i have nothing to do with him anymore, this is not because of his illness but because of everything he has done to my family.

His mum and dad still go visit him from time to time but are terrified of him and what he can do. His wee brother has washed his hands of him after the torment he suffered for yrs from him - beating the crap out him, almost tearing my aunt and uncle's marrage apart, destorying their house and then ended up up with them having to move away to get away from him. He also stopped takin his medication which didnt help matters and got himself into shitloads of trouble.

I cant help but have hate for him after everything he has put my family through. I do hate folk that just snub others just because they are mentally ill without giving them a chance there's no need for that.