DETOX:SATURDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 2011-secret location

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by MELT, Nov 21, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

1. MELT

MELT Registered User

yeah but you said you were a drum and base punter in a post a while back with some kind of statement as if it were a badge of coolness but to be fair are you not more likely to be at some of the most heavily advertised trance nights going

I find it a bit strange lol

mind you i like your status.... i've found a location so underground i actually think it could have been an air raid shelter in world war 2 and yes its under newcastle literally

its so underground it makes legends look like vultans palace in flash gordon

mixed musical preferences are good like, maybe you are on to a winner with that, hell maybe you should start a night at the globe with a mixed d n b and trance music policy and run it the saem night as turbulence... i think it would be winner

jon obir in the trance room and goldie in the d n b room

mind you i am hardly the king of fishing, more the prince of angling

but hey shouldnt you be in bed by now ... you'll get in to trouble of your parents lol
  2. trance250

trance250

Someone pissed on your chips today Melt? You don't seem a happy bunny?
  3. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

aye, true mate. i hope when i grow up i dont grow to be a middle aged man with an inferiority complex and run nights just to perv on the young lasses that attend in their fluffy boots and pink hot pants.

at least, thats what it seems. at least i have the upper hand of having my youth eh :wink:

you take everything on face value which is also slightly annoying simply because i've never really wanted to stamp myself with any sort of musical preference. i like DnB because of the music and the crowd, in very much the same way i like Trance, house, hard trance, techno of various different types. at the end of the day i like going clubbing, and thats what i do.

in the same way you love clubbing? however if you turned up at a club people would double take at the dodgy bloke standing at the bar looking wistfully at the dance floor only comparing it with the 90's and how Rez was so much better. which is why you create your own little world in which you can be king, claim to be top dog and remove the stigma of being "past it" and continue living in the fantasy that is Detox.

however, what do i know? according to you i'm just a 23 year old Drum and 'base' fan thats got an addiction to ketamine.

pft.
  4. MELT

MELT Registered User

ha ha i am in mellow mode right now

maybe i should get "medieval" pulp fiction style

no one pisses on le melt's chips

they may try but lets just say its akin to pissing in the wind or trying to turn the waves at whitley bay back with your hand
  5. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Haha. thats me not getting into detox then :lol:

was looking forward to the double outing weekend :facepalm:
    DJHOSTILEVIRUS likes this.
  6. MELT

MELT Registered User

if only i had the time to do that ha ha i am lucky if i even escape from backstage

i can think of easier wasy to perv on lasses than spending a decade running events in newcastle ha ha ha

regarding rez and nocturnal ... there isnt a single event in the last 20 years that has even come half close to the 2nd december nocturnal allnighter that binni organised or the final rez at the mayfair

at detox no one is king and i fail to see what being "top dog" has anything to do with it.

there are plenty of others running around in newcastle wanting to be top dog in whatever genre they themselves pidgeon hole themselves into so best leave that to them...the thing is who ever sits on top in whatever sphere they operate in doesnt have to shout that to the world ...they just are the best at what they do.....no one has to tell them that.

thats the thing with detox we dont pidgeon hole ourselves, we dont take ourselves seriously, we put on events merely for a like minded circle of friends and try to be as far away as possible from the branding that has turned clubland into the glossy commercial monster it has become today.

i dont expect you to fundamentally understand this as you have been brought up on a diet of named superstar djs where only a NAME gets people into clubs.

whilst i leave you to ponder that i will keep doing what i want to do when i want to do it outside the constraints of fashion coolness or whatever mixmag or dj wank mag tells me to like this week or next and regardless of the bollox that is spouted on the ghost town that is nucastle.co.uk

the detox punters can be anywhere from 18 up to 57 and long may it continue

i suggest people with age-ist attitudes like this head straight down to walker road for the impending next big thing before the walker massive get their hands on it and their license is withdrawn

now i suggest you head to bed for your beauty sleep captain doylam

:)
  7. MELT

MELT Registered User

i judge people by their actions not by their words on a clubbing forum ha ha ha ha ha ....nice psycho analysis tho.... but i am not really one for mincing around near the bar i much prefer to jump into the bottle bin head first
  8. MELT

MELT Registered User

why the fuck does the letter t keep disappearing from all the cunting posts
  9. MELT

MELT Registered User

clubbing is a fantasy world thats why we all like it its escapism from the REAL world isnt it???

seriously I think that is the most age-ist comment I have ever read lol but let me assure you me and the man that is forks were undeniably NOT past it at curves back in in december but i shudder to think of our combined age lol x 1 million.

for the record , i prefer the fisherman mista k versus k the psychoanalyst... cos jesus you are starting to sound like joe from times gone by???

10. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i

melt likes a perv , whats realy sad are the lasses (and lads???) who wonder around shouting , 'dave' , 'dave' , makes me laugh like, there idiots .. two sides to every coin , there all idiots . I here next event in in conjunction with redbull with a hardhousehoovertastic mianroom in association with dyson
  11. adam.

adam. kthxbi

How long you been a massive ketrat like K? And Melt, I didn't 'mean' anything by saying it feels like it's been announced for ages, other than the fact it feels like it's been announced for ages.
  12. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Melt, do you do most of your flyering around the Meadowell?
  13. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

@adam

I was just saying that because not long ago he assumed i was just by my username. But we all make mistak(e)s eh
  14. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Aye that Regretamine's a bad un like.
  15. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

to be fair, "MasterBates" would have been a far worse choice of username... ;)
  16. forks

forks still not dead

oh I don't know
  17. forks

forks still not dead

oh I don't know
  18. mickyweir84

mickyweir84 Bubble Newcastle

I think you'll find I booked Alf a fair few months before The Masquerade Ball Dave. Also Mr K was probably just gingerly enquirering as to why you hav'nt annonced the cancelation on your part or taken down Technikal from your line-up...

You having Detox in the Victoria Tunnels? Thats the most underground place I know of in Newcastle :)
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

pure lazyness is why the lineup aint been amended in much the same way that andy farley isnt mentioned on there either

20. The Beast

The Beast

well looking forward to this, what better way to fuck off the new year detox than by going to Detox