DETOX presents: INDEPENDENCE – SATURDAY 5TH JULY: 2pm – 2am

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by fiddla, Jun 2, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

1. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    heading down for 6pm - after a spot of gardening in the rain - hippies need a free wash these days, what with the credit crunch n that :lol:
  2. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

I dont know what the weather is like there but i have just come back from work in Benton and got totally drenched in a 5 min motorbike journey, i was fkn saturated....

If its owt like that up there it will be a total mare.
  3. Mr Soft

Mr Soft Registered User

The house and techno tent has been cancelled...! :lol:
  4. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Due to the weather or something else?
  5. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Dog On A String Ltd is extremely disappointed to announce the cancellation of the House and Techno tent at the Independance festival at a secret location on Saturday 5th July.

The cancellation is due to the credit crunch, the credit crunch and most of all, the credit crunch.

This is a very sad conclusion to our passionate efforts to develop an interesting and credible addition to the UK festival market. Unfortunately, Dog On A String Ltd has become the latest in a series of festivals that have suffered from a unique and well-documented set of market forces this summer (aka The Credit Crunch)

We did everything possible to make the event happen and would like to apologise to all those who have purchased tickets, and for the inconvenience this cancellation may have caused.

The Organisers will make every effort to ensure that ticket purchases will be refunded in the form of 10 waxa cowies.
  6. Mr Soft

Mr Soft Registered User

I'll let Mr Melt explain!
  7. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

:lol:
  8. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

LMFAO:lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. Nick Adams

Nick Adams a very naughty boy

10. smigs

smigs by the sword of dobber

It always has been and always will be lol. There was quite a few tents up though to be fair when I was up there
  11. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

pmsl :lol:
  12. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Waxa

Attached Files:

13. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

class :lol:
  14. My Tech Friend

My Tech Friend

Fair play to you guys for trying to do something on this scale it took a lot of balls and I would imagine a big risk.

I did feel more effort could have been made to inform people there was no Error tent though, as that was the main reason we went. Unfortunately though we never found out it was cancelled until we got there, witch by that time we where stuck in the middle of nowhere for 12 hours.

Also I would like to state for the future it’s always a good idea to have a bus attendant for when a festival closes. This would have helped to avoid things like busses getting stuck in the mud for over an hour with clubbers having to get out and try to pushing them.
  15. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

to be fair it is up to the bus driver to park in a reasonable place. they could have parked at the top of the bank
  16. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

There was a bus attendant, ME! But no fucker was listening to me when I was telling people to wait before getting on the bus until we got it out the mud as there would be extra weight when trying to pull it out!!!

I also tried to tell the driver not to go any further in but he didnt listen either.
  17. jam'e'tron

jam'e'tron god is a DJ

apologies to everyone for the absolute shambles of our shite sound system at detox. it wasn't the best anyway and we had problems wit it all fucking day.

elements is funded through me gaz and will out of our own pockets and unfortunatley our funds are just about zero at the moment so we had no cash to hire a sound system so we had to borrow one and obviously it just wasn't good enough. so once again apologies to all the lads who played for us and anybody who bought tickets from me to come see the elements lads.
    you can all be rest assured that this wont happen again.

hope you all had a good day anyway:wink:

elements main club events will be back very soon and we hope to see you at our first birthday event. if all things go to plan we should a pretty exciting lineup for it :D
  18. andysouth

andysouth Hard trance FTW

OMFG is that what happened?! :eek: Did that end up being a bit of a laugh or was everyone totally pissed off with it?! Glad I had the car and drove home now tho, although that meant I was off the sauce but that was no big deal seeing as it was such an top quality day anyway. Pretty much everyone there was sound as a pound.

As for the Elements tent, yeah it was afflicted by the technology for sure but the music some of the DJs in there were bangin out (or trying to!) was excellent so that kinda made up for it.

All in all you've gotta expect some teethin troubles but they were pretty minor and stuff like the leccy going off was sorted out quickly so congrats to all involved for a monster of a day
  19. STATIC

STATIC Registered User

It may not make a difference but I'll try to clear a few things up :)

We had originally planned to run 5 areans. The two tents that did not go ahead were going to be hosted by Binni & the other by Sarah from Sketchy Munters. As far as I knew she had been awol for over two weeks, no contact with anyone since apparently moving to brighton and being at glastonbury over the previous weekend ? She had made all the arrangements for running that particular arena, booking acts and should have been responsible for informing the various DJ's and acts that the tent was not going ahead.

Four marquees were ordered but only 3 were built due to the marquee company double booking our order. They had tried to help out by delivering a shoddy little 'self assembly' gazeebo which was standing between the old skool and Elements tent on saturday - I'd started building this but gave up when I seen how flimsy this was. Due to weather problems and Elements arriving on site early they were given first refusal on the smaller tent to stop equipment getting wet from the heavy downpour.

There's no point explaining all the texts and phone calls that went around on Saturday suffice to say the Sketchy munters tent didn't go ahead and the fourth tent was just a simple no-go based on what had been delivered. There was no way the error sound system would have been allowed to run based on health and safety under that little gazeebo. This was fully explained to Binni during a phone call I had on Saturday. Basically the original plan was that some of the techno crew would come across on Friday to have a look at the setup they were going to be using but due to other business comittments and missed flights this was not possible. We endeavoured to fit some of the techno acts into the main arena offering Binni, Scott, Kai & Chris sets in the main room of which two took the chance. This was made possible by shortening some of the live acts and later DJ set times.

I'm sure everyone will agree the weather did not help at all on Saturday - I was on site most of Friday where it was almost 23c all day and glorious sunshine, shame about Saturday. I pretty much missed the entire 12 hours on Saturay and only caught K90's live set at the end. The rest of the day was spent manning the gate, running around sorting logistical technical problems whilst also ferrying DJ's back and forth from hotels. In all I covered over 300 miles in car journeys. Also a massive big thank you to James Wilson for all his hard work.

I don't think anyone quite realises how much work goes into an outdoor event. The buses should have never got stuck as they WERE ALL TOLD to stay on the tarmac at the end of the event. I had been controlling the bus arrivals earlier in the day between 2pm and 5pm making sure they all arrived and left site safely. It was purely the fault of the stupid bus drivers coming too far into the field and beyond our control that they got stuck. Again I was trying my best to get this resovled at the end of the night so big thank you to everyone who helped resolve this at 2am.

3) I don't know what words were exchanged between people on saturday night suffice to say myself and many others were stressed out with all the logistics. I would like to add that it is completely out of order for any DJ on the bill to physically threaten the promoter with violence when asked to shorten their set by 5 minutes. This was all due two power cuts and also DJ's + live acts over running or arriving late. Any other information or rumours doing the rounds should be dispelled at once since this only damages reputations of an event or any of the DJ's involved. As far as myself and Melt are aware *! NOBODY !* has been removed from any future lineups. Gossip and rumour mongering are best kept off the nucastle or DSI boards.

Peace everyone :) Static
  20. MELT

MELT Registered User

what static said

the decision for the techno bit not being able to go ahead wasnt taken until 1230/1pm due to the reasons mentioned

at potential future events with 3 to 4 rooms (not outdoor)

error will be given the chance to host one of these rooms
    in its entirety

as for the rest of the gossip / rumours they are just that

:chill: