[Dec 3, 2011] Shindig: Joris Voorn & Nic Fanciulli (Newcastle)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Conway, Jul 16, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Top night - a lot of classics were thrown in tonight right from the start. Tempo stayed the same hard paced right from the beginning :)
  2. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

had a wicked night - music was quality all night - slightly dampened the night by one of my mates getting kicked to shit off the bouncers and arrested for allegedly breaking some light (which i doubt he had anything to do with)
  3. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

To clarify. this individual foolishly and irresponsibly decided it would be clever to climb up onto the front of the stage, over all the trussing and dive at the dj's while they were performing. - not once but on two separate occasions from the front row of the crowd. In doing so there wasn't a "light broken" but actually significant damage to equipment on stage. Sorry if this dampened the night for you.. it certainly did for us. - maybe your mate could explain to you why he felt it was ok to invade the stage in such a way. Naturally he was ejected by door supervisors and Police were indeed called for criminal damage. I don't for one minute think that he was thinking of his own safety when he clambered up onto the stage but Shindig will not tolerate such behaviour or aggressive damage to any equipment within the venue. (both on or off stage)

Think its also worth noting while waiting for police to arrive the stupid prick decided to make a run for the exit gates, before being restrained again. (he more than likely forgot to mention that to you)

if you are his mate i was chatting to last night straight after the incident you know fine well he didn't get "kicked to shit" and was held until police arrived.

Happy to discuss this further should you need to - drop me an email - neil@shindiguk.com.
  4. scott bradford

scott bradford Registered User

In 20 years of promoting shindig ive not come across a bigger bell end,
    Your mate needs to have a serious word with himself.
    and you need to get your facts straight before you comment on message boards
  5. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

I don't think it was me who was speaking to you after, I apologize for not knowing fully what happened (I did say doubt had much to do with because it's extremely out of character for him) - fair enough he was being an idiot, but he did seem like he'd been roughed up a bit with marks on him when he was outside
  6. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

In all seriousness he actually legged it away from doorman and ran straight into the fencing at the entrance, witnessed by about 50 people outside. ended up in a heap on the floor.
  7. Congay

Congay Registered User

Isnt this illegal in itself, I was under the impression you cant be held agaisnt your will by anyone other than the police.

Sounds like he deserved to be illegally held by door "supervisors" to be fair though
  8. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

not when he was behaving aggressively and quite frankly a liability to both himself and others..
  9. Baggot

Baggot

hahaha!

in all seriousness though you can't be going on like that even if he was a bit ''happy'' and enjoying himself, if it was my mate i'd have cuffed him meself.
    scott bradford likes this.
  10. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

He may have been trying to emulate MANDYs feats from the last dig :eek:
  11. Congay

Congay Registered User

I spoke to a lass today she said people where leaving in droves cos of the standard of punter. Plucked, Preened and Tanned and mostly "male"s acting like wankers.

Is this what clubbing has become? Geordie Shore wannbies??

What happened to the music and the drugs? YAK
  12. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Judging by the Lotions they've been retweeting recently, looks like you're right.
    Mike Louth likes this.
  13. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

House is definitely a koosday type affair these days.
  14. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

I must admit there were a few people there dressed up a bit too much for a warehouse party. But who gives a fuck, it's not like I have to cool their nuts on my forehead before I'm allowed in to enjoy a night of stellar music. Was most definitely my favourite shindig of 2011, can't wait to see what the chaps have in store for 2012.
    Ash1 likes this.
  15. Gareth Change Design

Gareth Change Design

'The biggest bell end in 20 years of clubbing' hahahahaha

Talk about waking up the next morning and thinking 'did i make a tit of myself last night'
  16. scott bradford

scott bradford Registered User

I honestly think the crowd seemed the same sort of people as every other event we have done.
    with the exception of one massive bell end of course :)
    Newcastle is full of lads with bulging biceps and rip neck t shirts
    as for people leaving i don't know about that it seemed pretty rammed at the end when the lights went up.
    i must admit there were a lot of young girls in extra high shoes who couldn't stand up by the end of the night
  17. Willa

Willa Registered User

My type of punter.
    Conway likes this.
  18. MELT

MELT Registered User

there'll be a few misty eyed ravers not able to stand up on saturday and in need of rave zimmerframes
    as melt, rig(s)by / bricey / dennis the menace / earl grey / james wilson hit the town big time al detoxmas "staff / punters" night out

i havent looked forward to a night this much since nocturnal 2 in 1991
  19. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

I don't mind the lasses falling about on stilts, but there were a few lads with there tops off strutting about.

As for the bouncers, they have always been spot on (sure same bunch who are around at new Cosmic too).
  20. MELT

MELT Registered User

2012 its all about 20:20 :wink: