Dave Pearce

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rozz, Feb 5, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

1. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

:rolleyes:

i never said promise was bad, only foundation.
  2. Mr. Revel

assassination is a bit strong. im sure we didnt mean it to look ike that.
    promise is my favorite club in the UK, i just said that i have seen better performance from some DJ's at other clubs...
    they play differently when they are @ Promise.

and i stated my views on dangerous dave pearce in the thread....
  3. Guest

To be honest chief nothing was directed at you, It's my opinion and a lot of others that Eddie didnt play aswell after his debut at promise! just voiceing my opinion !???

p.s. I voice'd my opinion on Dave Superstar Pearce
  4. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I don't think any of them were calling the dj's or promise shit.

I know all of them rate most the mentioned dj's.

Think they have a problem with the venue and that some dj's don't play as well as they do in other clubs (this aint my opinion but theres)
  5. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

calm down mark!!! ffs!!!:rolleyes:

its just an opinion of mine and revels that a small number of DJ's who we rate highly have not played well when they came to promise...hence they have been cursed by foundation!

nothing serious! i would have thought u would have been able to tell that when johnny started to ramble on bout bloody gypsies!

:)
  6. Guest

I like DJ's when they play diverse i.e. when jules was playing breakbeat or when tulip plays Satoshie tomie love in traffic ?"?!?

Diveresity is the key!!
  7. Mr. Revel

i can see why u would be pissed off mark.
    i was harsh.
    but i wasnt talkin about all DJs @ Promise, and i wasnt calling promise a shit club. if it was shit, i wouldnt have been going since april 2000.

and im glad u get what i mean. cos i think u do.
    the DJs do seem to think they can get away with more.
    when i see them at other clubs (crasher, good greef, sundiss etc..) they do play more upfront, new material, and at promise they seem to just do funny things....play strange set.
    now this isnt always the case, but it has happened quite a few times.

thats why i rate Lee Foster and matt hardwick so highly, they play there newest, most upfront material, and its class!
  8. Mr. Revel

if that gypsie woman asks me if i want a flower one more time! i swear, ill hit her!
  9. Guest

revel there's nee Gypsie's in town is there??? there's that Skag head who always asks for money??

" howay man dig a bit deeper man" :monkey:
  10. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

ditto!!

as for what johnny's sayin bout DJ's seeming to think they can get away with more up ere...i think thats true...everytime eddie comes up ere IMO he brings a bag full of old records!!!

do they think we dont get new tunes up ere or wot!?!?

but sorry if we pissed u off mark....we were only jokin about

:)
  11. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

unlike johnny i wouldnt mind seein dave pearce at promise

it makes perfect sense...he plays trance/hard trance, is on radio 1, thus would pull in the crowds and make promise £££££

go for it :)
  12. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

yes he did tiesto was the main man that nite he was fucking awesome got his autograph then 2!
  13. TranceyDJ

TranceyDJ Registered User

I've been to about 4 or 5 nights where Dave Pearce has played...and I've had a great time at each one...he creates a really good atmosphere.
  14. batfink

batfink Registered User

Heard about this thred, but before i read it i'll make an unbiased judgement.

mark - generally ur a top bloke, you've worked hard for promise but i think personally bookin DP would be a bad idea. Fair enough if u fancy making a few quid then ur more than entitled to put him, charge £15 and fill the place with wall to wall munters.

but what of the club's reputation? i assume that promise would like to continue to grow, but at the same retain it's credibility.

for a long time promise's dj bookings reflected qualiy prog house/prog trance, sasha, seaman etc, and u stuck with this throughout many a quiet night - stickingto what you knew was quality.

i think that for the long term credibility of the club, booking DP would be very damaging. Next week there's a coach load of folk travelling from shef, the one time mecca of trance. No doubt there'll be countless others traveling by motor or whatever. Can u really see this sort of person travellingto a club, often at great expense, to come to a club which will be full of "undesirable characters"?

i'm as open minded as they come ;) but i think the sort of clientele that will be attracted to promise if DP is booked will, for want of a better term, not be as nice.

just some thoughts :)

love and hugs,

battyfink xxx
    :love:
  15. batfink

batfink Registered User

didnt want to ruin my well thought out, thought provoking thread by saying i think DP is shite at mixing, but get him to dress up as santa claus and i'll pay £20 to see him play!
    plays some top tunes like...
    :lol:

COME ON DAVE! ROLL ANOTHER FAT ONE!

ps if u shouted "stop being such a fat cunt" in a club, it would sound very similar to roll another fat one :)
  16. batfink

batfink Registered User

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    just read the whole thread....

top work fellas!

tell u what tho, i'd recommend safety glasses from now on round here, that flying dummy will put an eye out ;):lol:

joke!
  17. dj tino

dj tino

defo, lookin 4ward to quite a few nights this year:
    yoji
    cosmic gate
    tidy boys
    shokk!

its alllll good!:D
  18. magicpaul

magicpaul Registered User

I suppose it depends whether you want promise to be spoken of in the same breath as Gatecrasher, Godskitchen, Passion, Goodgreef....or Ikon, Legends, Tall Trees etc...

Promise is brining DJ's to the North East that we've never seen before. Gielen, Shokk, Scot Project, Paul Van Dyk, Marco V, MIKE, Corvin Dalek, Mauro Picotto, Talla, Max Graham etc....

Add Dave Pearce to that list people will think it's a typo.
  19. JackMaster

JackMaster Registered User

great but..

how the fuck can booking DP enchance the long term prospects of promise? if you wanna be seen as a serious trance/ hard house club with the likes of gc, gk, gg, passion, slinky, ss ..etc how can you consider booking him??

would they ever book him? no..

sure, we will get on radio1 and make some money but I think people would just laugh at us...credibilty is everything!

if you wanna get more exposure to the club simply advertise the lineups in mixmag etc...once people see the line ups they will be dieing to come to promise...

seeing a club promoted by dave pearce isnt my idea of good marketing if thats where you are coming from mark considering the other line ups you have planned.
  20. JackMaster

JackMaster Registered User

i cant actually believe people are debating this lol