Crappy proggy warm ups!

Discussion in 'Music' started by JulesRules, Oct 29, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. batfink

batfink Registered User

i think the point that's being made is that the trance could start a bit earlier.. not bosh bosh cos no one who enjoys promise wants to hear bosh bosh.
    example of this - last time i went to crasher armin played solar stone - that was about half eleven... i think we'd all like to hear a little bit more peak time trance? what do i know, im only a clubber...
  2. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

burridge is the daddy....
  3. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

yip spot on mr fink :)
  4. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

burridge is far from the daddy after what he did to my ears last time i heard him out!

although i'm prepared to give him another chance! ;)
  5. fizz

fizz Registered User

for those that know what promise is about wont back this thread.

firstly...... WARM UPS?!?! define a warm up?

- well, its a build up to the main DJ who is playing the selected style of their choice.

secondly..... the way the journey is created in promise with the music styles is unique and mark and co have hit the nail on the head the way Richard as diverse as he can be can build up into any selected DJ's set. If this journey was changed, it wouldnt be promise....

lastly... promise is about a range of musical styles, educating, offering and entertaining you with MUSIC - cos thats what its about right?? music? Most of those who attend promise have a broad angle on musical tastes, and enjoy a lot of other musical styles..... like Mark said, if its just hard house you want, just trance, just techno, go to a dedicated clubnight such as Fractured, or Sundissential etc.

The warm ups build the atmosphere and anxiety up in those that attend. Very important to promise!

For those that dont like proggy - open your mind!!!!
  6. mr. brook

mr. brook Registered User

tulips warm up sets are amazin, u guys shud b honoured to listen to him every week!
  7. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

If you don't like the warm-ups then get down to Promise @ about 12.15am Saturday morning.

Problem solved.

Like the music let's label the people:
    People of Prog
    Trance Troopers
    Hard House Junkies
  8. rachel

rachel Registered User

"jules rules" hee hee!! mint!!! am presuming ur meaning judge jules n not jools holland or sumone!! actually u obviusly wouldnt be meaning him cos his names spelt "jools" n not "jules"...anyways.... what was i saying.... oh yes the warm ups they reeli arent crap i finks they're mint thats the whole point of it its a warm up therefore the nite iant gonna start with banging hard trance the minute we walk though the door i'd hate it if we didnt have richards warm-ups cos it just wouldnt be the same n it sets the nite off to a good start!!! nofink wrong at all wiv a bit of prog!!! xxxx
  9. Vin

Vin Registered User

Keep the proggy warm-ups. My fave part of the night is when i first walk through the door and sample the building atmosphere.

Oh and Lee Burridge is class.
  10. Guest

lucian foort, Parks and wilson, max graham, anthony papa!!! gone are the days of proper prg warm ups matey!!!!! they were the best!!!!!

rich is decent and plays a spot on warm up set every week mate!!!
  11. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Warm ups should be deep, get your head moving then your body as you chat to your mates
  12. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

1. the prog warm up is mint
    2. it aint even prog from bout 11 til 12. Last few weeks Rich has really ramped it up for the last hour
    3. its a cool way to soak up the atmos and catch up with mates before it gets loud and busy
    4. gets ppl in the groove before main sets
    5. its the Promise style
    6. Walking into a club and getting it full in the face (SS style) is canny harsh
    7. fuck off :p
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I aint the biggest prog fan but the prog warm ups are a big part of promise n i doubt they'll ever leave - ur wastin ur breath...

I do object to a lot of this thread though. Prog does not equal warm up music and it certainly isn't the only way to build a set...

Sundissential may appear to jump straight in but does it fuck! It starts off with bouncy, funky uplifting hard house and by the end of the night its evil twsted Andy Farley type hard house... Just like promise it follows a structured progression - not bosh bosh bosh - if u want bosh bosh bosh fuck off to Ikon....

In my eyes the best way to warm up for promise (which happens already to a degree) is to play music that compliments each itself... Forexample if Its Matt Hardwick & 00 Flemming B2B then a prog trance warm up is far more suitable than a tech house/prog house warm up - think Max Graham style... However if Corvin Dalek n Picotto is on a prog house/tech house warm up would be suited... The warm up has to suit the night - some times this happens sometimes it doesn't.

However there are exceptions... Take the eddie halliwel debut Pete Gooding warmed up with his almost balearic sound tulip then played in my eyes his best warm up set where he bridged from gooding to hard trance/house... This weird mix of music suprisingling worked - it was a fecking class night :D :D :D

So on reflection sometimes variety works very well but IMHO most the time to follow a logical structure works much better as the music flows...

Anyways thats my two cents and I doubt they'll be noted but hey :p
  14. JulesRules

JulesRules

well....it bores me!! :)

rachel>>erm, had this name fingy since bout 98/99 wen JJ was bangin out quality music, so ner ner not a nu comer!

im not sayin prog (wot eva u wanna call it) shouldn't b in a club, im sayin, y do we hav so much of it, wen we get so little of the really gud quality music after 12.... only for 3hrs, except on speshal nites

i am open to different music...but if i dont like it, well....thats me init! its not as if i have never listened to it! i know things have moved on, but i used to go GC every week bout 4yrs ago, and was there from 9! sum times queing from 6:30 wen not on reg q, so i have listened to different styles........jus not my kinda music

smartie>>Ikon?? wtf!! went couple of times wen it was SS NE.....but neva heard of it until then! :p

and to da ignorant fookers who divnt know me.....dont fink im so narrow minded

erm.......and yup used to always b @ SS norf for doors opening! so ner ner to you to! hehehe
  15. mr. brook

mr. brook Registered User

joe, thats the most truth i think uv ever spoken (;) ) well said mate. (it was a feckin class nite aswell)
  16. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

last nites warm up...

excellent! :D
  17. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

I say scrap the prog warm up and change it to tribal prog.

P.S. Richards warm ups are spot on.
  18. TheSpence

I dont think you can call it a warm up, I think it is should be called a BUILD UP.
  19. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Sounds horrible, think of an original name without either trance or core in it that way you'll have a chance of selling it to a new generation.;)
  20. TheSpence

That was the name M8 used years ago for the stuff Bill 'Daniel' Bunter was playing which was in the end HARD HOUSE!!