COSMIC BASTARD FUCKING BALLROOM CUNTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carson, May 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

:lol: i'm not that subtle/clever
  2. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Off just 4 words?? Old age for you I guess.
  3. binni

binni www.cleer.me

GRAHAM WROTE - Whatever reasons it is down to, management, glass collectors, prices to hire the place, the ballroom definitely isn't what it was a few years back. I AGREE

Think back 2 or 3 years, you had the friday roster of error, habit, freaky dancing and junior g - you could turn up any given week and the club would be busy with some quality guests being booked by all the nights. YUP

Cleer seems to have taken a step back NO, JUST THAT GEOFF GAVE MY JUNE 12TH DATE AWAY AS HE DESPERATLY WANTED GRENADE TO JOIN THE CLUBS ROSTER

after a couple of quiet events ONLY THE LAST ONE WAS QUIET, NO HELP FROM THE DOOR STAFF TELLING GROUPS OF CUSTOMERS TRYING TO GAIN ENTRY THAT 'ITS NOT TOO BUSY IN THERE LIKE' - THANKS LADS!

I think the reasons for this is probably a bit of all the above - why would a promoter come in to do an event, pay 3 or 4 times what the costs were a couple of years back to hire the place, only to find a management team working against you and a glass collector/door team intent on kicking out as many of the nights regulars as possible? YUP
  4. Geoff Leotard

Geoff Leotard Registered User

With regards to the prices, as far as I understand, they went up £100 to cover the extra staffing costs when I asked for the club to change the closing time from 3am to 4am to accommodate error.
    I know some other forum members have been kind enough to share Junior G's rent from when the club first opened in its current form, however I can neither confirm nor deny that the price they're quoting is correct as its before my time and i simply don't know the answer.
    I would suggest that whatever Junior G were paying was a deal based on the club having just opened and not necessarily on the financial realities of operating the venue.

With regards to the regulars being kicked out, while I'm not condoning any improper, over enthusiastic, rude or unfair behaviour by any of the door / bar staff with their treatment of customers, one thing everyone has to accept is that if you get caught (or in most cases are even suspected of) doing drugs in ANY Nightclub, you will be asked to leave... and you can't expect anyone involved with ANY nightclub to openly condone turning a blind eye to the use of drugs in the venue.

With regards to Keith Carsons original complaint, I've since spoken to the club and they're going to take it up personally with Keith.
    If he wants to make the details public on here than thats his choice.

This is probably the last comment I'll make on this thread, as I'd much prefer for direct contact with a view to actually fixing any potential problems.
    As far as I know, no-one at the Club has got any intention of reporting the facebook group (personally, I hate censorship), but I would suggest a hate campaign against any actual individual is not a good thing to do for entirely humanitarian reasons.
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i think most clubs/events are suffering badly with numbers at the moment, lots of things to go to but no-one going. i heard there was a poor showing for anthony pappa on sat at the dig with emmerson finishing early
  6. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

The rent for Junior:G went from £200 (when the Cosmic 1st opened) - £300 within a few months.

...It then shot up to £600pm a few months after that with no added extra's justifying the price increase, the club offered no help in promo, were non-negotiable on changing the set up in the club to meet DJ's riders & had no working relationship with us at all, im stil yet to actually get through & speak to Skev on his mobile phone?!

Every month we had the uphill struggle of Promo issues, rival nights & Club location - All this topped with the Doorstaff having a 'Gun Ho' attitude towards the clubbers arresting/ejecting AT LEAST 10/15 people every single month we ran an event.
    ...You dont need to do the math to work out the ratio of 1 person being thrown out/arrested to how many people wont ever come back to the club because of it. If the Club has a zero tolerance policy against drugs to this extent then it really needs to rebrand itself as the reality of it is that your always gunna get this type of clientel through the door when playing host to the nights it entertains.

As for you mate I've only ever tried to deal with you a few times before growing very bored & going round in circles trying to actually book the Cosmic for events some time back. Same happened with my mate Andy just before Xmas who was trying to get his Club Brand from Leeds up here for a few one off gigs, numerous emails sent - nothing back, Phonecalls made - Nothing back. The Club as a whole is throughly impossible to work with on all levels.

Bottom line is that the Club needs to start again before it folds, new attitude, staff structure, marketing campaign & actually putting someone in charge who can speak to/work with promoters on the same level & understand their needs. There was a few credible, longstanding nights at the Cosmic, regular fixtures that brought decent names & numbers to the Club, all of which have been squeezed & choked in 1 way or another forcing them to fold or simply take their business elsewhere.
  7. Gary Proud

Pushing out people like Binni out is testament to all of the above, if anything the blokes spent a fukin fortune on sound & lighting rigs to give the Cosmic that little extra?

You just wouldn't you do it?
  8. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I cant see how the recession is affecting things when places like Digital Society are rammed to the absolute rafters.
  9. BRID

Is the club on the point of folding though, or are a bunch of people on this site just miffed cause they have been dicked around by some of the bell ends that apparently work there.

.... For all we know, takings might be up massively with the nights currently running there after the ones we mentioned buggered off.
  10. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

there seems to be less 'proper' clubbers in newcastle at the moment
  11. Gary Proud

Maybe not 'folding' but nights are totally dead in there.

Look at the sheer amount of brands thats been through it's doors since the refurb?

Junior:G
    Error
    Habit
    Freaky
    Klick Klack
    Elements
    Detox
    Exibit A
    Cleer
    Disco Noir
    Tourist (Geoffs own Night)

...And go knows how many others that I've missed off. All of which couldn't ever boast good numbers for any period of time? They've got it all wrong in there.
  12. BRID

Its a shame nights dot around the town as much as they do.

Anyone who isnt an internet warrior or has a massive bunch of clubbing mates who keep them in the know will have no clue where things are from one month to the next.

.... Which is probably why they always go to digital.
  13. Gary Proud

How much actually is it to rent that place these days? Anyone?
  14. adam.

adam. kthxbi

obviously neeone knows

point proven lol
  15. Willa

Willa Registered User

A hell of alot more than that glassy pays stevie wonder to cut his barnet.
  16. BRID

Well all i'd say is that surely theres some kind of service level agreement you have to sign or agree to when you hire this place out?

With the riders people mention, or the sound equipment standards, or the conduct of the staff .... I'd have just withheld rent the moment they stepped over the line.

I suppose they like to play the same game against the promoters and threaten to not allow their nights for any given moment? ..... The question is, do the promoters just bow down the moment these people start being nobs?

Still... it goes to show how the promoters on here need to work together a bit more, since it seems like as soon as nights like Habit and Junior G left, rather than show of solidarity from people on here, it seemed like there were just other promoters lining up to pony up rent and get dicked around just like those that went before them.
  17. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

usually if u can pin down the right person to talk to, but when you're in the middle of your event and someone decides "it's too loud" or "there's not enough people in to warrant 2 rooms open" - they pretty much do what they want and they've got you by the balls.

Also, there's a ton of other 'nights' just waiting to step into their empty graves on a friday night slot (oh my god anyone?) and "try there luck at promoting a dance event", willing to pay whatever the cost is without negotiation, thinking it's that easy - then to find they get stitched on bar prices, 200 people turn out, 30 are turfed out, technical issues & you get messed around by different management who often don't speak to one another.

by the sounds of things, there's quite a few people on here that have had dealing with the place, so it's not just gossip and hearsay - but what can you do? once again, it's a handful of moaners on a messageboard. they'll only notice if people vote with their feet.
  18. Gary Proud

HaHa you what! a contract? :lol:

I cant speak for other nights but I know wev'e never signed anything, as stated before im still yet to actually get through & speak to the owner of this place in all my time of dealing with the Cosmic.

It does seem strange as The WHQ Manager actually meets you for a drink, signs papers etc... etc... gets to see a face type thing, same goes for the Uni when we've rented out the place.
  19. Gary Proud

Deed on.
  20. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

nice post 586 - we said the same things but yours is so much more eloquent ;)