COSMIC BASTARD FUCKING BALLROOM CUNTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carson, May 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Geoff Leotard

Geoff Leotard Registered User

There's definitely been a noise reduction order, but last i heard they were doing the work necessary to soundproof it.
    I've also heard that the people who were running the venue recently purchased it (instead continuing to rent it), so I can't imagine it going away any time soon
  2. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

pravda was 1 of my favourite haunts! walk down the spooky stairs and straight in there for a long island ice tes - awesome
  3. Carson

Carson Registered User

fucking exactly mate. couldn't of said it better myself
  4. james909

james909 Registered User

Spot on we did a breakcore night with the full 5 k on tuesday no problem.

The venue is getting soundproofed working with the council and will be starting up some nights again soon the promo manager told me.

As for grenade not being busy at the Cosmic i think danny underestimated the winning formula he had at the coop desite it problems,

The Cosmic,Camp David and North need a decent sound tech as the standard of equipment and sound systems in the venues were always when i played and promoted at the them always had problems and no one who knew what they were doing to fix them.

Dj'ing with computer speakers as monitors that only work for one deck on broke berryinger mixer is so shoddy its unreal.
  5. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

this is pretty much the deciding factor along with a few more why we left.

venue and staff are getting a bit of stick here but there is a sound young lad called james who works there who is a star. gets all the crap jobs but he would do anything for us with no complaints. not sure if he is still there now though.
  6. james909

james909 Registered User

I met some sound poeple at North,Camp David and the Cosmic the young skinny lad was always a good laugh there and keen to help the younger girl behind the bar upstairs always had decent banter as well.

After freaky ended and we did Backlash upstairs i never really went back around that time it seemed pretty relaxed as freaky/backlash crowd was always a bit messy and i never saw the bouncers or the glass collector dude being that heavy handed with us lot of any of the punters.
  7. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

I think I know who you mean, theres a Barman called Gary (I think) who's also sound, bent over backwards to help us when the Cosmic management would get arsey about altering the set up or changing the mixer to meet a DJ's rider.
  8. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

yeah Gary is sound as well. Sammy on door used to be canny as well but he left.
  9. MR KUHNT

MR KUHNT fifi man

SO BASICALLY YOU WENT INTO A NIGHTCLUB AND ATTEMPTED TO PROMOTE ANOTHER VENUE WITHIN THAT NIGHTCLUB. SOMEONE SAID YOU COULD BUT THEN THE STAFF SAW YOU DOING THIS AND RIGHTFULLY THREW YOU OUT (UNAWARE THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE SAID YOU COULD, WHICH IS HARD TO BELIEVE) AND NOW YOU COME ONTO AN INTERNET FORUM AND CALL THEM ALL A BUNCH OF CUNTS BECAUSE THEY DID THIS...

:lame:
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

If you read the post dear Kuhnt, Carson did ask them for permission before putting his posters up, and they did see them before he did so.

to be fair, all they had to say to him was "No, you can't put your posters up."

Instead, they said "Yeah sure, put them up", then they ripped them down?

If they had an issue with the posters, all they had to do was take them down, hand them back to the beat therapy lads at the end of the night and tell him they weren't happy with them. Binning them is a bit harsh, given the money it costs to get a run of them done....
  11. MR KUHNT

MR KUHNT fifi man

YES, I RE-EDITED MY POST WHEN I REALISED I FORGOT TO MENTION THE AFORMENTIONED COMMENT IN THE PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN POST.

WHO SAID THE POSTERS COULD BE PUT UP I WONDER...THE CLOAKROOM ATTENDANT PERHAPS?
  12. Carson

Carson Registered User

MR KUHNT definately has something to do with the Ballrooms, probs that Afro 'KUHNT'
  13. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Unlikely, unless captain afro also moonlights his computer skillz at 247help.....
  14. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

So who is Khunt then? 730 posts of pure caps lock mystery.
  15. Carson

Carson Registered User

586? Never online the same time as Mr Kuhnt but are both posting quite recently
  16. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

the 586/khunt theory has been doing the rounds for ages, as once they had the same place of work.

it's not.
  17. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

oh well Daly, i believe you :lol:
  18. MR KUHNT

MR KUHNT fifi man

I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT :down:
  19. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Lets not loose site of the issue at hand here - and that's that this man is a fucking grassing little snidey jobsworth cunt.

If that's his job, well he's still a grassing little snidey jobsworth cunt.

haveawordwithyourselfyouwanker
  20. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

my swear alarm just went crazy. i knew one day floppy-haired rossy would snap.