COSMIC BASTARD FUCKING BALLROOM CUNTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carson, May 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. graham

graham Registered User

Thats a fucking crease :lol:
  2. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    that place is a joke i remember turning up for detox and got kicked out after 5 maybe ten mins and didnt do anything complete joke,

altho saying that when i was at junior g the amount of times i was off me nut and nowt happend it was cracking and i never got tooled out
  3. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i was on the door, you had been drinking since 12 and could hardly stand up - you'd fallen over and bumped into a dozen people in the 5 minutes you'd been in there. the bouncers even said, go for a walk and come back in an hour a bit more sober.
  4. macas

macas Registered User

Aye Jimi I remember us walking upsatirs and you stumbbling then getting thrown out, even though some lass was in a proper ket hole holding onto the upstairs dj booth to stand up.
    Cosmic is a good venue but heard from a few promoters how bad it is, was there before c&e and he said only dj's and promoter in and he tried to kick my mate out who was djing as he didn't look like a dj.
    Was class nights at Junior G but far too fucking expensive for drinks
  5. macas

macas Registered User

He didn't bump into anyone, we got there just after opening and nee one was there, they told him to go far a walk for an hour and a coffee and when he come back they still said no
  6. adam.

adam. kthxbi

fucking nothing i hate more
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

cause he was shit faced. when they brought him to the door he was hammered, fumbling in his pockets, we argued to keep him in and they agree that if he came back an hour later more sober they would. i wasn't there when i he came back - i didn't know he even did. melt gave him his money back too didn't he?

the bouncers are pricks though - but thats the nature of the job, i've only had bother both times we've worked their with the manager

i notice geoff is keeping out of this...
  8. macas

macas Registered User

She was proper holding onto the upstairs dj booth and dancing to nowt that was playing, can't believe she was allowed in til the end.
    management were crap like, decks broke, took ages to change then kept fucking on with the sound all the time in the cupboard at the top of the stairs, I think eventually turned the music off, dicks.
    They will never get new nights in if even NICE failed as that was there big night, good club poorly ran, will struggle to get people putting on events there if don't lower the prices to hire it and don't change there attitude.
  9. macas

macas Registered User

Fair do's I didnt realise he was that bad as I was drinking with him, probs seemed worse to more sober people, aye Melt gave him his money back like. Aye he walked to Byer Bridge then came back to try and get in but couldn't, had a coffee at McD's I think.
  10. JIMI

i was clearly pissed and had been out all day like, i totally agree with that but what i did find annoying was for what i got kicked out for, when as macas said there was a bird clearly worse then me in a ket mess and there was a few other fucked people there and the bouncer nearly threw me down the stairs, i did stumble but that was on the step at the bar upstairs, now i know im not the only person who has tripped over that sober or pissed
  11. JIMI

me and macas were in central and i scoffed a huge burger king meal like and was drinking coke for an hour b4 getting there,
  12. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Fucking hell, it's been kicking off yet again at cosmic and the afro-buzzkill, shit that carson mate - the cosmic can really scratch itself off my favourites in town now like.

Grenade last weekend was quiet as well, saying that it's because something mad's happend with the cooperage on friday's so i can imagine a fair few of the regular coop punters got knocked back from cosmic (around about 75% :lol: )

That glass collector & the Management need to have a word (and a fucking haircut for that matter)
  13. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

This was quality:

:lol: :up:
  14. Geoff Leotard

Geoff Leotard Registered User

Geoff's been in bed all day (although I did notice Keiths Facebook comments at around 3am last night).

I've not spoken to anyone from the club yet, but I'm there tonight so I should be able to get both sides of the argument, until then I'd prefer not to comment.

I can't really reply to anyone who just plainly doesn't like the venue, as that's simply a matter of taste,

As far as criticisms of the Staff, Doorstaff, equipment, Drinks prices, Hire fee etc, I'll happily try and do what i can (in my admittedly limited capacity) to get the owners and management to address them, but I can only do so if they're sent to me directly and in a constructive manner.

My email address is geoffbucket@hotmail.com if anyone wants to get in touch

One thing i will say is that I'm making a bit of progress on getting the prices down over the Summer, again feel free to get in touch if you want to know more.
  15. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

to be honest, i didn't expect you to comment mate and can understand why - a bunch of unhappy internet warriors slagging off your employer is not what u want to get involved with.

it does sound like it's got worse recently - i remember when it re-opened with freaky and ben simms - it was like a breath of fresh air i think i went every friday for about 2 months. how times change
  16. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I think the cooperage has folded. I work along from the place at Bridge Court, and on Thursday I noticed big "TO LEASE" signs going up outside the gaff.

Shame, I always like a cheeky one in there every so often, same with pravda :(
  17. Geoff Leotard

I miss pravda
  18. *Rachel*

*Rachel* formerly racheismad4it

The cooperage has just been taken over by a lad from Leeds(think that's where he said he was from) I seen him at work the other day and he was chatting about it
  19. Geoff Leotard

Pravda or the Coop?
  20. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

strange, i just heard it was going to fold because it lost it's licence due to residents complaints.

(another well established club being fucked over by residents?)