COSMIC BASTARD FUCKING BALLROOM CUNTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carson, May 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Leon

Leon Non Board Moderator

Have you seen the very clip of the toilets these days?? And where do you get a glass from to use the water in the toilets because they refuse to give you a empty glass as well !!

Also that Ben Sharkey has his lucky lucky clobber strewn all over the sink area making it near impossible to get near the taps without being relinquished of a quid
  2. Congay

Congay Registered User

Oba Martins hogs the taps :lol:
    Conway likes this.
  3. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

thats a massive lie, i've been a few times when the taps have been off.
  4. Leon

Leon Non Board Moderator

The whole place is run by proper grifters,, they would actually take the fucking sugar out your tea

Glass of fucking water,, apparantly even thats a chore for them,, even blu bambu and tiger dish the free water out and you dont see too many pill'd up people booting about there,, its a duty of care in my eyes ?????
  5. adam.

adam. kthxbi

you dick, ive just been sat in the work canteen, alone, reading this on my phone and giggling like a schoolgirl.

made me look a right doyle lol
  6. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

you have to say tho, the boards have been getting a bit more popular since this thread went up on facebook, promotion tactics FTW.
  7. adam.

adam. kthxbi

theres been a load of new members recently like.
  8. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Come on Mistak off the internet, it's just went to your head a little bit, a bit like MOS's newly found (but not for long) admin status.

Sort of reminds me of when you tried to take the cred for bozzy lears or whatever he was called.
  9. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

it was just an observation, not a cause for credit, rossy off the boards.
  10. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Considering this is meant to be a clubbing message board, its weird that some people are taking great pleasure from a club having problems.
  11. adam.

adam. kthxbi

its a bit different when the club and managment in question take great pleasure is giving its punters problems.
  12. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

For doing stuff that could get the club closed down! :lol:
  13. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

cue the scrubs style ending:

"i learned an important lesson today; turning the taps off actually wasnt a good idea..."
  14. adam.

adam. kthxbi

they must have realised they've shit on their own doorstep tho, due to this 'rebranding' currently going on..
  15. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

creased at the tags on this thread :lol:
  16. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

howay quick, you know this board loves a good ruck.

like the time you got banned, deleted, and the whole events forum pulled after advertising your gran's 80th the same night as promise? :lol:
  17. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    there nothing better then a board ruck like i must say
  18. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

Are you lot not getting bored of slaggin the place off yet? Cosmic ballroom were getting a bit of trouble from the police about drug use in the place a couple of years ago iirc and it does have a bad reputation for it (i was at a party the other night and some lad said 'isnt that place full of smackheads?' when i said i go there) so they are obviously going to be careful not to have people taking drugs blatently in their club..Its also possible that the management have told the bar staff to watch our for drug use and report anything they see to the doorman. If your getting caught doing drugs on the dancefloor its your own fault..go to the toilet to do them or dont do them at all, you cant complain about getting thrown out somewhere for doing something which is illegal.
    Geoffs offered to try and sort your problems out but i bet none of you have emailed him anything constructive?? although you have shitted up his thread in the 'going out section' nice work board..starting up facebook hate groups and giving the glass collector shit on there is well out of order imo
  19. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

you should of told your mate to have a word, thats rather far fetched. bad areas, the south, bottom rung council flats or scotland is full of smackheads. not stowell street (as far as i'm aware anyway).

People on cowie hardly are classed as individuals with an addiction on heroin. yeah, on a good night it was full of people on somthing, however how can anyone possibly deny (honestly) that ANY city centre club playing dance music hasnt got people taking drugs inside. it sort of is interlinked completely within the culture and has been for what, 10-15+ plus years now?

all i'm saying is - they obviously know this fact since they are turning the public cold water supply off (Pills/other drugs + Dance music = no need for alcohol), and that, is offside IMO.

NYD a couple of years ago they did it at GG @ mission in leeds, they ended up turning the water back on after more than 6 people phoned the police, which is rightly so if your paying more than a tenner to get into a club you'd expect your right to a water supply.

IMO the ballrooms fucked it right up for themselves when they started messing the promoters about. since then, they are missing the best nights they've ever had (being Habit and JnrG etc) gaining nights which just arent really suited to the venue (Grenade, which IMO will never work outside of the cooperage)

esstentially it just needs to become the more welcoming place that it was before, otherwise it'll continue down the way it is (mentioning again that only the upstairs was open last friday ffs)

as Si said, yeah its a shame a club's going down, but when the management dont know the fucking crack, whats the fucking point in supporting them?

the ballrooms died in 2008, and thats my two cence.
  20. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Carsons original post/rant was about how heavy handed the managment was regarding him putting 5 posters up for his set...booting him out for that had nowt to do with anyone taking drugs or the glass collector. that came later as a result of talking about the mis managment of the place.
  21. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

You've raised some good points there.

A club should NOT be seen as a place where people doing naughty things can be so blatant about it. There are plenty of people out there who DONT want to do or see these kind of things going on.

I do remember seeing the pigs walking about the place at the last habit i went to there which at the time i didnt like the look of, but looking back it was probably more to do with the club being under scrutiny by the boys in blue and the fear of being shut, than it was about ruining peoples nights.

Having said that - Its been done all wrong. A bouncer INSIDE the club is a better idea than having a load of rats there in secret to grass on the punters who thought they were safe from the eyes of those in charge.

With the water situation, how often do you hear about other clubs not giving out water for free? Why would people make it up? Sounds like damage control more like ..... calling your customers out as liars or even challenging their stories as being untrue is a bad idea.

Throwing out DJ's or not allowing ones in that have flown over from Europe, to having major nights basically up sticks and leave ..... sorry but its a disaster and should have been a warning signal.

I dont know Geoff in the slightest, and he does a good job of not causing a stir - But at the end of the day their business is coming to OUR (the people on this board) messageboard that its members support in the name of discussing clubbing in the NE, to advertise their nights that you dont hear many people on here actually saying they go to.

If they clean up their act, then the people on this board would have nowt to say and this thread would die a death.