[Aug 6, 2011] Ignition Festival (Newcastle Racecourse)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Chewy, Jul 14, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

1. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

blatantly excuses the way they have treated people. cowboys.
  2. MELT

MELT Registered User

conway all this merging malarkey is messing with my comedy flow dude :)
    Rigsby420 likes this.
  3. Rigsby420

Rigsby420 Registered User

How come no ones knocked fuck out of this 'Ricky Rodal' character?..is he totally impossible to track down in the 'flesh' so to speak.
  4. MELT

MELT Registered User

cos when there is heat or the brown stuff hists the fan he buggers off to london to hideout and then moves address.

i had a brief interaction with him back in 2008 i think it was, he wanted help with finding unusual event locations and i said i was happy to point him in the right direction as long as and i stated this pretty damn clearly HE DIDNT RUN HIS EVENT ON THE SAME NIGHT AS DETOX....now what do you think happened next...HE went and ran a half arsed event on 17th december the very same night as....so wanting help on the one hand but prepared to screw me over on the other ,,,, that is the nature of who you are dealing with.

I have heard repeated stories of him "dissing detox out" to all unsundry but you wont sway the loyal punters who attend our events. The type of people that are susceptible to his patter are the weak minded fools who think he is some kind of don of the dance world let me assure you he is not....he is a scroat who bumms established djs until they get wise to the brown stuff he talks and he tryes to use other peoples ideas and money to promote and put on events. MY ADVICE - AVOID AT ALL COSTS - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
  5. MELT

MELT Registered User

anyone remember my post from the other day:wink::facepalm:
  6. Rigsby420

I bet he dont even bring his own poppers to 'events' , no excuse now that you can get 3 bottles for £6.76 delivered to your door via Amazon.
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Confirmed (not that there was any doubt)

ignition2.PNG
  8. MELT

MELT Registered User

can someone ask if ricky rodal or pete wylie are directors

which directors or shareholders. they are a limited company, as such they do not have shareholders they are not a bloody plc, what a joke they set up as limited so they can write off their debts and sail off into the sunset

you could honestly make a film of this

my fave story has to be of the time rodal was telling people via fadgebook that he was djing in dubai then someone spotted him comning out of greggs you couldnt make it up

:lol:

how did the thread end up at poppers ha ha
  9. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Melt, I've just done a quick bit of digging and Rodal and Wylie are definitely not directors of this event. They were just down to play.

Anyone who knows where to look on the net should be able to find confirmation of this :)
  10. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

If done correctly it can be done - look at how the evolution festival has progressed. Melt - you not fancy a shot at one?
  11. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

True, but it has to be done just like you would an event at a nightclub. Start small, build up a following, put time, money, effort and dedication in, and with a little luck, you might just make it. Evolution started off as a free event at the baltic (one stage) and to get it to where it is now, a lot of hard work has gone in.

Throwing on a massive event with big names out of the blue is never a good idea unless you want to run the risk of being a flash in the pan. It just makes the stakes/odds far tougher :)
  12. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

there just arent enough dog's on strings in the north east to cover that mate i'm afraid :(
  13. Rigsby420

ALL good threads should end with poppers, now available via Amazon 1 click buy!
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

have a plot of land up where we did the in:dependence day mini fest there in 2008, we planned to do it in 2009 on 4th july each year hence the name but credit crunch bit and what with recession i decided that now ie then was not he time to be getting in to building a festival up not when peop,le have fuck all money...also the rental for the land was way too high. but i am on good terms with the lanmd owner he got paid and i am sure he would have us back
  15. MELT

MELT Registered User

i am pretty sure i could pull one off...a festival that is but it would mean dedicating 6-12months of my life to it and my domestic set up right now does not alow for that it barely gives me enough to time to run detox in club spaces / unusual locations let alone organising a festival ...i will wait until the economy is on a more equal footing ...makes more sense
  16. MELT

MELT Registered User

this dog on a string phrase is so wide of the mark, i have yet to see one at detox..... twas borne of si quicks patter some 3-4 years ago lol:lol:
  17. MELT

MELT Registered User

there has also been a lot of showbizz sherbet snorted by the directors who have made a shed load of money from what originally was a FREE festival .... its original ethos has gone AWOL but thats a different debate
  18. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Nothing like a nostalgia bite now and again tho :lol:

edit/

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: :lol: :wink::wink::wink: :wink:
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

TRUE, where are team jaunt when you need them:wink:
  20. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

I don't see the harm in profitting from these once they are up and running, as long as the people are happy at the end of it and will come back. It is good to see however an event like Detox where costs are still incredibly low