Arseholes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TranceyDJ, Apr 27, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachel

rachel Registered User

challenge of the day successfully completed thank you very much :D !!!

can we just stop all this please kalashnikov and friends..................??? xxx
  2. batfink

batfink Registered User

highly entertaining :D i'll jus stay out of it, i think promise is a good club, an i've been to a good few others to compare it with. i think some people are jus being silly :rolleyes:
  3. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

were you observing a different club? matt's set was amazin...and if u looked around you would have seen the club goin mental to his set!!

how the hell was matt set not meant to sound sudden in contrast to picotto's techno set? matt plays trance for gods sake...its bound to sound stark in contrast to picotto!!! everything does!!!

"he never really climaxed"????????:eek: :eek: :eek: his last two tunes were grace-not over yet and solarstone-7 cities....have u got a fcukin clue or wot? what did picotto climax with ey?

not meaning to be harsh or anything but saying he didnt give the crowd what they wanted is crap...he may not have delivered to those who went along soley for picotto but for alot of people who i spoke to afterwards he was the highlight of the night:D :D :D :D
  4. kalashnikov

kalashnikov Registered User

Looking on these boards a lot of people didn't like Picotto, but at the night, 'twas a different story. He sent the club mental.

I disagree the club was "goin mental" to Hardwick's set. In fact, quite a few people left. Granted, it was later on, but at quarter to 4 the place was packed, quarter past 4 and quite a few people had gone.

Matt Hardwick's mixing was excellent, but an instant 2 hour warm-down after 3 hours of pumping music is not good. The crowd weren't going mental. I could see quite a lot of people were struggling to "go mental" to the likes of Ralphie B and Altitude. He wasn't reading the crowd at all.

Clearly we're into different music. Matt Hardwick did a good set, but it was the wrong time and the wrong place. Good DJs can read the crowd and respond accordingly, and shold adjust their style according to the demands of the crowd and the situation. Matt Hardwick didn't do this. Everyone is jumping and pumped up. He drops Ding a Ling and we think we're getting more. Things are looking fantastic. Then Ralphie B? Maybe at 5:30, but before 5 is not the time for melodic trance, not when you've got the crowd screaming for more. The crowd had energy, and I think a lot of it went to waste on cheesy chill-out.

Just my opinion.
  5. bananaman

bananaman

Here here, this is just mass sillyness!:D
  6. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

Agree with u 100% sloppy, and disagree 100% with u kalashnikov!

yeah lotsa ppl left cos lotsa ppl came just to see Picotto innit!!!

IMHO matt gave exactly what ppl wanted, trance, hard trance, driving trance, girly trance, and pure uplifting trance, and did it in fine fukkin style! Were u actually still in the club between 4 and 6 - the dance floor was still packed, everyone looked like they were thoroughly enjoying it to me, and everyone I talked to sed it was the highlight of the night.

and what would u call Altitude and Seven Cities if that aint climaxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no way was that a 2hr warm down after 3hrs of Picotto (who for the record I did enjoy!). not as hard hitting as Picotto's techno but just on a different wavelength altogether!

INNIT! :D:D:D
  7. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

LEAST U ALL GOT HARDWICK

Now stop complaining :D :D
  8. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

quite a few people left after picotto....these were probably the people who had come only to see him...when picotto was on what was left were the familiar faces who visit promise week in week out...and everyone was going mental

he didnt play a warm-down set...he started with ding-a-ling (scot project) and then moved into more trancey trance...nobody was strugglin to 7 cities....i think if youu had stayed you would have found a massive reception to it...and everyone seemed to be singing along to grace-not over yet

im a fan of hard repeatative beats (not picottos though) but there comes a time in the nite where there is nofin better than proper trance, and after picotto's onslaught for 3 hours there could have been no one better than hardwick to come on and play his blissfull trance:D:D

just a difference of opinion though init:)

you call it cheesy though but i bet u were lovin it when that oh so cool south park tune came on:p
  9. Godscrasher

Godscrasher Registered User

Its took me 2 fukkin hours to read all of this,I am a regular on the board but not the club,would you all make me feel welcome even if i did try cyber and try to dance?
  10. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Everyone but me - apparantly I'm a nobber

I'll just blank you :rolleyes:
  11. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

I try to go cyber and i try to dance and i survive so you may as well. The people at promise are the friendliest group of peeps you could ever get in a club.

I LOVE YOU ALL
  12. Ness

Ness Registered User

AAAAWWWW Smart E, you're not a nobber......you're a LURVE MACHINE! hehe
  13. DoctorMick

DoctorMick Registered User

I tried it, they made me feel very welcome!!! :)

Even Smart-E spoke to me!!! :D
  14. helz

helz Registered User

i thought all clubbers on drugs were nobbers?? :p
  15. DoctorMick

Some clubbers take drugs?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D
  16. bananaman

bananaman

I hope everyone who slagged Trancey DJ are totally ashamed of themselves. For fuck sake the bloke had a bad experience and airs his views of the club and the people and all you did was call him a twat and a dick!

Some people need to grow up and accept that not all people hold the same view of the club that they do. I mean how grown up is it to call someone as many different names for genitals as you can in one post. (Quote from Cyberdog: Your a dick!)

Smart E you can come accross to people as being unfriendly and arrogant, but in your deffence it is only because you feel so strongly about the whole club culture. Credit to you for having the knowledge of clubs and for being so loyal to promise, but maybe you shouldn't be so aggressive when giving your side of a story.

The moral of this little statement is that some people on this board really need to think before they post. People are being isolated and excluded. Why?

P.S. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone in what I said, but I for one feel sorry about the way people treated TranceyDJ on this thread.
  17. DoctorMick

I do....sorry!!! :(
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Please show me how my first post was unfriendly and arrogant!

This thread is really fucking pissing me off!
  19. gizmo

gizmo Registered User

And you don't want to piss Smart e off, he can turn into a right nasty pasty!

Gizmo
    x
  20. Guest

*floats away on a lil lilly pad*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.