Arrested For Drugs Abroad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geordie, Dec 5, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. DannyG

DannyG

But in a modern world such things should be aloud, its a free country and thats how it should be

plus if you legalise all drugs, including your smack method perhaps the profits made from the party drugs(e's etc) can pay for such heroin progression and may work

All in all this can be argued forever really, no matter what we say anyway the little people dont get a say in the matter, its the mps who have wrong drives and goals in my opinion and something should be done about that
  2. Smog

Smog Registered User

to be honest, i dont know where i stand on legalisation as there are very strong convincing arguments from all sides... what i have said is just one slant.

i'd love it if i could get some party prescriptions easily and legally. if i want to put a substance in my body then why the hell cant i? it sounds fair enough but if people are getting ill or abusing things then its inevitably gonna cost the taxpayer money so i can see that pov too.
  3. DannyG

DannyG

Yea every wrong has a right and vice versa and theres always gunna be an argument on such matters, in my opinion everything should be decided by everyone, these days nobody gives a fuck, and nobody fights for change...the only people ive seen in recent years is probably those 'fathers for justice'

if you look back in time, nearly every historical/political chage has been due to somebody willing to fight for what they believe.where are those people in the modern world?
  4. Smog

Smog Registered User

stoned off their tits probably! :lol:
  5. DannyG

DannyG

:lol: political discussions have commenced for this evening

:up: gud crack mate
  6. Smog

Smog Registered User

haha aye :up:
  7. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

died in europe about 65 year ago mate.

the PC brigdae are doing away with heroics

i got wrong at work today for asking when this new legislation for when gay couples can get funding off the revenue comes into force as it is either today or tomorrow. apparently what i should have said was "when are same sexual couples who are in civil partnerships allowed to receiving funding from the revenue"
  8. DannyG

DannyG

FUCK FOREVER :upyours:
  9. Lee

:lol: :lol: diddly daft cunt
  10. Fake DJ

Fake DJ Electronic Dirt

probably the most stupid comment on this thread imo

the reason the only drugs that is legal is alcohol (apart from caffiene etc) is that u can still function pretty well on alcohol

if u legalise things like ecstacy, lsd etc

society would eventually ground down to a hault

legalising somthing is accepting it, people go out on a night out get pissed, and can happily fall asleep and get up the next day and go to work

it isnt as easy to do that on other drugs, imagine going out nailing loads of trips and then going to work the next day

it aint gonna happen

also scientists dont really know what effects that excstacy, ketamine has long term

we already know that lsd users in the 60 and 70s suffer from major flashbacks etc, but the youth of today are basically the test dummies for E's and K

how can u legalise something u dont understand truly about

legalising cocaine is probably the worst of all of them, sure it doesnt have as drastci and effect on your body, only lasts for 30 mins etc

the reason a lot of people can take it but dont really become addicted to it is cos they cant afford it, legalising it and making it readily available will open it up to a larger audience, it will enevitably make it cheaper too, hence more people get addicted
    i know coke addicst and its not a pleasent sight at most

drugs should stay illegal, if u want to dabble be at ur own risc, sure the government might not know all the effects and be as clued up as joe bloggs clubber etc

but they understand the detrimentla effects it would have on society that some people cannot seem to grasp
  11. forks

forks still not dead

by that logic then alcohol and tobacco should also be banned cos they cause harm to society. And people get hurt doing extreme sports so they should be banned cos it costs the taxpayer money. and driving cars is dangerous and so on.Eventually the government will have us all tucked up in bed after eastenders in case we might hurt ourselves.
    people need some sort of drug. Every society that ever existed had it's drug of choice. With ours it's been alcohol, for a lot of south america it was coke , for somalians it is qat ( which they are just about to ban)
    we all need to get off our heads now and then or we go nuts.
    sure drugs are harmful but life is a terminal disease. no one gets out of here alive.
    legalise the lot and treat us like adults.
  12. Fake DJ

Fake DJ Electronic Dirt

yes alcohol and tobacco has an effect on society and it does cause death but there arent to many detrimental effects yeas down the line, it can cause liver or lung problems etc but it doesnt case mental problems that drugs do

hence why they arent banned,
  13. Congay

Congay Registered User

British society couldn't deal with legalised drugs but other countries could. We have deep cultural issues with doing things in moderation in this country that other countries don't have.

All drugs will die out like the Dinosaurs once the USA has "pacified" the world anyway.
  14. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Legalising drugs is just stupid.

Think about what would happen to the youths of today if coke, lsd, ket, extacy etc were availalbe to buy legally in shops. The way youghs see it, alcohol is legal so it's cool to drink it since it's an adult thing. It's also fun. The same would apply to drugs so there would be tons of 14 year olds walking around every weekend boxed off their faces. Because there would be such a choice of drugs it would take a lot of experimenting and by the time they'd all found their prefered drug they'd probably be addicted or and/well on their way to becoming a mental health patient when they're older.

There needs to be some control over these things otherwise we may aswell legalise fighting or mugging since it's 'up to us' if we choose to do so or not. And before anyone says that's not the same because fighting or mugging affects other people, try to imagine what it would be like with all the charvas walking around off their tits on coke or lsd or ket. Anyone driving a car would be risking mowing people down because they'd mistaken the road for a swimming pool.

The fact that we already have alcohol legalised should be a clear indication that we aren't able to deal with anymore drugs.
  15. Lee

save the world ban salvia :lol:
  16. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

As if legalisation would have much effect on the amount of charvers that do drugs. I don't really think charvers on lsd or ket would be much of an issue either, at least they might make them remotely more empathic.

The way that people currently act on alcohol is no reason to continue the prosecution of drug users as you can simply not compare them. Every drug acts differently and to lump them into one box is stupid. In my experience alcohol generally leeds to narrow minded thinking while a lot of drugs do exactly the opposite.

To legalise drugs would only benefit society. The majority of drug related problems today are a direct result of prohibition itself.
  17. Smog

Smog Registered User

alcohol can cause very serious mental problems.

the argument many people put forward is 'drugs are no worse than alcohol/ciggies'. that is absolutely no basis for legalising a drug... how can you legalise something just because its no worse than something already out there?
  18. forks

forks still not dead

try to imagine what it would be like with all the charvas walking round off their faces on alcohol every weekend.............
    and anyone who thinks that alcohol can't cause mental problems down the line has never seen old winoes ....
    I know that legalised drugs would cause damage but banning them causes damage too....organised crime, gun culture, drugs cut with god knows what. and if people want them they will get them somehow.
  19. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

You're just speculating really though. As if you can still function "pretty well" on alcohol. It depends on a whole host of factors how well you can function, ranging from perfectly well to not at all.

How many people would honestly neck acid knowing they've got work at 7.30 the next morning and knowing how long it can last and if they did, I'm sure they would just pull a sicky like they already do with alcohol. A lot of people have a responsibility to turn up to work sober whereby if they didn't they could endager many peoples lives, regardless of your poison of choice, whether it be alcohol or a currently illegal drug. They both effect your motor abilities, it doesn't make getting pissed before work okay, just because it's illegal. Especially for people working in industry or driving the next morning.

Also to say that smoking and alcohol don't cause detrimental effects is wrong. We know that they both do, however long term side effects for a lot of illegal drugs are unproven, even considering the mass amount of study that has been going on for years. I also don't see how mental health effects are any worse than physical.
  20. loopyloosy

loopyloosy Registered User

they legalised alcohol and cigarettes didnt they? they advertised cigarettes up until a few years ago - now they advertise with huge health warnings on them or not at all. They were ignorant about things like that then. Give it a few more years and things will become more relaxed again.

I do think the whole threshold thing is amazing like - clearly the government know nothing about drugs.