Anyone going to Global this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crasher_chick, Jul 13, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

They definitely have the better line-up this year.
  2. crasher_chick

crasher_chick I .....

I had an amazing weekend..... the weather was lush like...got a bit of a tan and felt like I was on holiday!! :love:

Camping was class, was my first time and totally loved it! Stayed VIP, probs not really worth the extra £££'s, but was worth being so close to the event itself.

Music was alright, sets of the weekend for me were Dubfire :up:, Deadmau5, Armin, Above & Beyond and Digweed. :)

Didnt really like the outdoor stage. When I went in 2005, the likes of Tiesto played the main stage and it was fanatastic. This year all the commercial acts played.... didnt seem right! Waste of the stage!! :lol:

Overall a fantastic weekend, deffo gonna go back next year like....but with a bigger tent, a gazebo and a paddling pool!! hehe.
  3. club head

club head

had an unreal time. right from gettin on the bus on saturday mornin to gettin off the bus on sunday afternoon.

set of the night was by far sander van doorn. fuckin legend. tyas was good. it took ferry a while to get goin but once he did he was mint aswell. mark eteson was canny but as for the rest in the godskitchen they werent really up to much. was really dissapointed in armin as he was borin as fuck. we left to go get the bus halfway thru shulzs set. all in all had a mint day :D can't wait for creamfields and planet love :D
  4. Michael

Michael Registered User

ive been checking the bbc 5 day forecast pretty much everyday last week and its been changing all the time, friday it showed as bein 24 with no cloud or rain at all for the sat but obv thats no good for people going on the friday aswell.
  5. crasher_chick

crasher_chick I .....

Aye, having no releif from the sun was hard like.... the tents were boling!

Drinking in the sun all day, however was lush! :love:
  6. crasher_chick

crasher_chick I .....

It was like a compound like....they wouldnt let us into the event itself when normal campers were alloed on the saturday afternoon!!! Pah!

But like you say, roll on creamfields.....cant wait! Are you camping there too?
  7. wayneo

wayneo

i had a totally mint time the company i was with was mint,the weather was@times to hot!and all of the tents i visited were class!+the bar prices were a reasonable £3.50 a beer!and it was ice cold!
  8. Gary Proud

Yeh was a nice surprise the weather holding out like it did, just unbearable at points when you had to sleep in it, wkd weekend tho the Red Arrows display saturday afternoon was unreal :eek:
  9. Gary Proud

Lol just remembered when we fell asleep about 4'ish, herd some guys walking round the tents shouting: "Anyone need MD, Coke, Pills, Ket"

Brilliant:lol:
  10. club head

club head

wish they had of walked past me. was diein for some more ket in the last few hours of the day as i'd accidently sniffed it all thru out the day lol. luckily i had the smart idea of leavin a couple of g on the bus for the bus ride back. altho i sniffed almost all of it before the bus had left the car park lol.
  11. Carson

Carson Registered User

fucked up you :lol:
  12. ZeGermens

ZeGermens I Am A Fucking Hero

were you vip?

we were camping next to the showers nd there was some people in the corner offering it at like 7 in the morning lol
  13. Gary Proud

HaHa, we were just in the council estate bit (green area), we were lying in bed & could hear them walking round the tents shouting it Lol.
  14. Gary Proud

Laurent Garnier playing blue monday:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5ogKt7QeY"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Moby:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwI9zaa55nk"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
  15. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

16. Gary Proud

LMAO, thankfully not my balls have dropped, I thought it was my lass but she's also denying it:lol:
  17. trance250

trance250

:lol: :lol: only you mate

yeah thats where we were, sitting all sat afternoon keeping Dial-a-balloon in business

Fuckin awesome weekend, highlight for me would probs be Sander. Kanye was pap. complete waste of 15mins while i gave him a chance