Anyone going to Global this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crasher_chick, Jul 13, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. adam.

adam. kthxbi

you do that just to gan to the shop !
  2. Play

Play Registered User

i love global but im not gonna be able to make it this year :(

going to make the effort next year!
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

We were going to pop along for Friday right up until I checked the ticket prices and saw that no liquids were allowed. They can fuck right off the greedy cunts.
  4. carefull

carefull

See you there m8
  5. ZeGermens

ZeGermens I Am A Fucking Hero

im leaving for global in an hour or so :D

were going VIP this year like, see if its worth the extra 50 quid or whatever
  6. club head

club head

when i went vip there was jacuzzis and nice clean toilets in the vip area never went in the cunt tho cos i was the only person who had went vip out of me and all my mates lol
  7. ZeGermens

ZeGermens I Am A Fucking Hero

just got back now, was really good weekend apart from it being far far far to hot, and the tea leaves at the bottom of the vip camsight rather than breaking into someones tent they carried it away......

not going to bother going vip next year as there isnt any real difference apart from the nicer toilets which still end up like the normal ones at end of the day

any one else go?
  8. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Just got back now, totally agree with the weather it was ridiculously hot, it would have been nice had we only been going down on the saturday but having to camp in the heat was a nightmare:( didn't have an effect on the weekend as I had an amazing time.

Music wise the Trance DJ's were appalling who I seen, having to listen to Tech Trance re-hash's of coldplay tracks in the middle of the Gods tent was crucifying, sets of the night were Jamie Jones, Fancuilli, Laurent Garnier & Moby who were all reet on the button.
  9. carefull

carefull

just got back and it was far too hot,it was me first time at global and al probly go back next year,

And a thought that the vip car park was supposed to be next to the vip campsite
  10. andrewace

andrewace WooT

lol u lot would complain if it rained all weekend :p
  11. squaddiemac

squaddiemac

was Really hot like but loved every minute of it!Thought Mark Eteson was really good and polysexual terrace was bangin friday nite!
  12. Michael

Michael Registered User

i only went on the sat but had a fuckin belting day/night. weather was spot on was like bein abroad, couldnt have picked a better day to be fair.

nocturnal bit outside was fuckin class during the day, no idea who was on but the music was awesome. highlights for me were guy j and digweed. Franny K came on at the end in the bedrock arena and started class then started playing some boring tunes for ages n the sound kept ducking so just fucked off on a mish.

saw ferry for about 5 mins who was shite. armin bored me also so left.

went to find one of my mates right near the end and caught the back end of jules and it was the most discuisting thing ive heard in my life, absolutely shit.

all in all had an amazing day chilling getting wrecked in the sun. will defs be back next year!
  13. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fucking hoose Sweat tits

Seemingly armin got a bottle off his head lol, was that u careful? :lol: nutters.
  15. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

too hot. typical english mentality full stop.

i cant actually comprehend that your complaining than an ENGLISH festival was too hot. the only reason that heat would be an issue would be getting to sleep.

and i definately wouldent be doing any of that.

did they turn the sound down after a certain time again? and was there more than enough pikey's walking about trying to pocket everyone? and did the godskitchen tent have a hilly, confusing terrain?*

big dance festival + southern location + people with valuables convieniantly NOT locked away, but instead can be accessed at any time via zip + southern radgies = petty theft.

rossy had the same problem at glade. people just really need to be paranoid at times like this and dont take stuff that you acutally DO NOT need or treasure. so nee daft boom boxes or anything worth out or its going to get pinched.

solving the petty crime levels in UK festivals = instate dress code on entry :up:

*there seemed to be a lower platue last year :lol:
  16. robby_41

robby_41 Shearer!

... sunburn/sun stroke? My arms were red raw by Saturday morning. Class weekend though, Deadmau5 and Tyas done it for me. Gutted I missed Schulz tho as the 3 hour sleep in 2 days took its toll.
  17. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

I cant believe people are complaining it was too hot :lol:

Most with any sense would check the weather report, if it is forcast for sunshine take lotion, it is the same sun you get abroad so you do still need to put lotion on !
  18. Michael

Michael Registered User

we just bought some there. cost 6 quid for a bottle but got all of us sun creamed upto the eyes.

I was loving the weather was mint for chilling in. brought the ladies flesh out which also is a high point! :D
  19. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

The weather report actually forecast for it to be cloudy & expect showers, when we woke up on saturday morning it was 27 degrees, having not prepared for this it was a nightmare having to trot round all day/night in jeans etc...
  20. Andy M

Andy M God is Ginger!

The only problem with the heat for me was being stuck in the V.I.P compound with no shelter during the hottest part of the day! By yesterday afternoon I'd never felt so mingin in my life! Missed the bus n al so we ended up payin £70 for the train each and £40 in taxis! Best sets for me were Schulz, Corsten, Lashes, Eteson nd Prydz! Roll on Creamfields!!