Who should take tony's job?

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, Sep 26, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

?

next labour leader?

1. Gordon Brown

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. John Reid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Alan Johnson

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Alan Milburn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. John McDonnell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. David Milliband

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  7. Other...

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

What politicians dont push all the right buttons before an election.

Remember the glory days of 'new labour' when everyone though tony and co would change the country for the better ..... everyone thought we now had some 'cool' people in power.

What happened?

Oh yeah they stopped grants, introduced fees .... Kept increasing taxes .... sold most of our gold reserves .... got rid of our EU rebate .... presided over a horrific immigration mess up .... the millenium dome .... robbed the pensions .... doubled NHS spending and watched things get worse ... Lied about iraq .... had just as many corrupt politicians as the tories ever did .... went back on their promises .... kept the public out of referendums on issues they knew would go the opposite way to what they really wanted.

I dont think the current tories do it for me personally - cameron is probably the best they have had yet, but he still smacks a bit of how tony blair wriggled his way into power.

Tories or Labor aside, i'd like a return to some kind of honest, gritty politics into the UK .... no more marketing and spin please
  2. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

well that's not exactly true is it now!

remember neil hamilton, jeffrey archer, and jonathan aitken???
  3. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

mandelson, prescott, cherie, ruth kelly, byers, the guy with the walking stick and the dog, .... and a whole load more.

Howay - JUST as corrupt!
  4. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

This is precisely what they need though.

They've already had IDS, Hague and Howard - all of them, particularly Hague I always thought, are intelligent, moderately charismatic and have argued well and come up with some decent policies - we've even seen Labour adopt a few of them.

They've been fighting on Europe, the pound, immigration, law and order blah de blah and hit a brick wall at every single election.

If they want power, they needed to find someone different - and they have in Cameron.

He's done a good job of rebranding the party (even if a few of his stunts, like flying off to see that glacier, have grated a little).

If he can get some serious policies together - he's got to be in with a shout. I'd welcome more on climate change, I want to see more emphasis on science and maths teaching, I want to see things made easier for business to invest in Britain - but I don't want cuts in things like the NHS.

In short, I like what he's done so far, and he's pretty likeable himself - this is going to help with the popular vote that Blair captured so well. They desperately need to pull some good, alternative policies out of the bag as well at some point to capture the vote of people who vote on that basis - ie me (I like to think).
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I believe it comes down to governmental structures, the control and advanced nature of Chinese infrastructure allows it to grow at a phenomenal rate... While India is progressing it is not able to compete on the same level as china and wouldn't be able to without radical reforms.
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:lol: :lol: :lol:

archer: perjury, insider trading, prostition, theft and fraud
    hamilton: sleaze and corruption
    aitken: perjury and illegal arms dealings

not quite in the same league!
  7. Yosef Ha'Kohain

your post reeks of "anything but labour"..... do protest votes really belong in British politics?

Votes should be placed on candidates that possess the ability to run our country.
  8. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

like joe said, whatever they did was nothing in comparison... Aitken even got his daughter to lie in court to cover his sorry ass, what a cunt!!
  9. andy_rocks

I've already said I'll be voting on the basis of policies when announced, and that I could vote for any of the big 3 parties.

Cameron is potentially a credible leader though.
  10. MELT

MELT Registered User

cameron is a coke snorting twat with no policies who rides to the commons on a bike to pretend he is green but has his assistant send his briefcase on in a big polluting car

BROWN now, whip camerons ass and then milliband in the future

not john reid, no party ever won with a slap head

kinnoch
    hague
    duncan smith

see a bald pattern emerging
  11. andy_rocks

Cameron's said he's going to wait until closer to the election to announce policies.

Ironic that so many have dismissed him without hearing his policies, on the basis that he is 'shallow'.
  12. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I thought it was really good how someone who was such a good actor and muscly person such as Arnold Schwarzenegger became the Governor of California.

Therefore I think that perhaps it's about time for someone like Ian Beale from eastenders or Mike Baldwin to govern our country.
  13. MELT

MELT Registered User

belter , i would vote for the guy who used to play reg holdsworth in corrie or alternatively the guy who plays frank in shameless

"skaaaaaaaaa"