Tune of 2003

Discussion in 'Music' started by IBIZARULES, Oct 23, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ruth

Ruth Registered User

i've just spotted this gem as well!! :cool:
  2. Guest

I thought the criticism of Alex was un called for. Out of most people on here when it comes to posting i will always read his. He knows what he talking about when it comes to music.
  3. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

im not saying it was right, i just think that noone would have made such a big deal of this if it hadnt came from lee. like i said im not getting involved in an argument :)
  4. Clarky

Clarky

...... i think its all a bit silly to be honest....it only started because lee wasnt too keen on a tune someone mentioned, and it has esculated into this:spangled:
    [​IMG]
  5. illuminous_alex

illuminous_alex Registered User

Re: Educational gremlins...

well this thread is about atrc, if YOU read correctly u will notice i have said slated a tune a dj that u are warming up for plays, as i know you have played b4 jon o'bir and i know he has been playing it for months.

i listen to progressive house/trance, techno, breaks and some house, the only trance i listen to is in clubs and then i am only really interested in paul van dyk. not to say i dont like trance, i do i just think the hard trance that i have read u play is extremely shallow, it lacks depth and relies on simplistic, cheesy riffs and a hard kick drum.

as has been mentioned previously by tomas i think allie remained fairly constructive, i think u have showed a degree of arrogance. u have quoted all the things he said that u think warrent calling him a dick, changing his avatar etc but i just dont agree. - and dont think this is just cos i dont want to agree with you,this is looking subjectively.

when allie as said those thing if u did feel they were down to jealousy or spite or whatever i think that u could have argued the point better, as you are doing with me, rather than calling him a dick/ changing his avatar.
  6. JockB

JockB Registered User

How fucking easy is it to log on to the Promise website and start having a go at the resident(s).... it's no doubt been done before, will be done again but never the less remains oh so fucking boring and childish.

Step back and have a think about what your having a go for ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Agreed, at the end of the day we have 2 of the best residents in the country, lets not drive them away.
    Keep it to pm's if anything:)
  8. Lee Foster

Lee Foster Dark Magician of Chaos

Re: Re: Educational gremlins...

Alex, considering you called me a 'cockmaster' on the Gatecrasher site, I have been very adult in my replies to you. But here we go again. I will try to put it into a context you will understand.

I stated that I considered ATRC cheese and not really a contender for Tune of 2003; at no point did I connect it to any DJ. You made that connection in your post. At no time did I infer any malicious context towards the DJ I played before, you did. Have I made that point quite clear Alex, or do you not understand plain English. I’m sure most DJ’s have favourite records they like to play, oh, hang on, they do, in fact they carry boxes of them to clubs to play.

Now, remind me Alex, what exactly are you arguing about? The fact that people don’t like the way I have an opinion and will argue back, or the fact that you don't like what I have to say, as an opinion, irrespective of the subject matter? Please enlighten us all.

With regards to Allies posts, I am still waiting for someone to give me an example of how I could have argued better; it’s quite a childish comment really. In a nut shell you have nothing of any substance to say to me with regards to this thread.

As for changing Allies avatar and stuff, well that’s just good-natured fun with no harm done. I can take a joke till the cows come home Alex.

And for the record, I play trance. I think your confusing me with Richard Tulip, the main resident and Co-owner of the club. He plays a rather hard and evil style of trance.

Next time you come to the club, let me buy you a drink.

;)
  9. Dez

Dez Registered User

I don't think anyone would give up a residency cos of a message board squabble!
  10. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Fair enough.
    But this should stop!
  11. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

i was just like to say i've never heard the song your all banging on about but it has a shit name therefore making it shit & cheesey.

athankyou. :D
  12. Dez

Dez Registered User

I can sense it winding down
  13. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

I hope so mate:)
  14. Dez

Dez Registered User

Sounds too much like ATFC who made that Bad Habit tune
  15. Dez

Dez Registered User

Is the strain of it getting to you Jimmy?!
  16. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Its just getting on my tits mate, its one of those threads that you have to read but it just seems like its getting no-where.
  17. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

i had thought that also.

can't believe people can get so worked up over lee simply expressing an opinion on a song, if i listen to it and think it is cheesey are you all gonna start whining also?

no so everyone please shut up.

he is entitled to an opinion just as much as the next person. it is absolute bullshit saying he should not voice his opinions or even tone them down as he is part of the club.

too many people are afraid to say what they really think, lee isn't and that makes him a damn sight more interesting to read than most of the wank in this thread.
  18. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

well said mate :king:
  19. JockB

JockB Registered User

I stand by my statement :D and agree with confuzzled.
  20. Wet and Hard

Wet and Hard Registered User

Well done everyone, this tread has amused me to no end. :D

and just to add me opinion, i like ATRC :cool:

But please keep this entertainment going. I fuckin love it!!!