That 3 Year Old..

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Sweeney, May 6, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

The news coverage last night was sickening, but it showed how vigilante our press is. They almost had they guy hung drawn and quartered.
  2. Big Steve

Big Steve Registered User

3. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

The media coverage of this is absolutely ridiculous. Its been the main headline (other than Blair stepping down) in every paper/news report for 10 days

Its sad that the press are willing to cover a missing, middle class, white girl yet they dont report on the children who go missing every single day. It just proves that money and the right PR are worth more than the actual cause itself........
  4. Swana

Swana Registered User

:worship:

Aye looks like an inside job..... one way or another..
  5. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Whether she is found alive or not, the parents will blame themselves for this for the rest of their lives, thats enough of a punishment in my eyes.
  6. Jess C

Jess C Tookie

Haven't read this full thread so duno if its been said...I do not think for one second they should have left the kids alone. Not for the fact that they could be snatched but more for the fact as soon as they left what if one of the babies woke up and started crying? They would be on their own for a good 30 mins crying. I wouldn't wish what has happened on any1 though and really do feel for the parents and what they are going through at the min.
  7. lauraloo

lauraloo Registered User

whats the point in posting replies saying that the parents should'nt of left the children alone, everyone should get down from their high horse and give support, not find blame, i'm positive that the parents will not be able to live with themselves for what they have done and would give anything to go back, but at the end of the day we are all human and make mistakes, some are more serious than others.it makes me sick to see that her myspace page has been taken over by idiots posting crap instead of messages of support.

people are so quick to judge and point blame:(
  8. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

Yeah, they've lost there kid, and I feel sorry for them, but it's still bad parenting that caused her to go missing.
  9. lauraloo

lauraloo Registered User

and im sure if ur not a parent already when u are ul make mistakes, hopefully not to the extent of this one, but im sure the parents know what they have done, they dont need a constant reminder of peoples 10pence worth, i'm sure theres plenty of parents in the past that have left their children for a few hours, minutes, you would never think this would happen to you, i guess the world really is full of sickos!
  10. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

This isn't a little mistake! She's been taken BECAUSE they left her alone.
  11. lauraloo

lauraloo Registered User

if a child is going to get snatched that person will find anyway to take them, what about that child who got taken from her bath?? her parents hadnt left her had they!?

and in my opinion that person(s) has been watchin that little girl to know exactly when they will be left unsupervised therefore i dont think this incident could of been avoided, unless the parents literally watch their children 24 hours a day, i love to know oasis, are you a parent?
  12. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Im a parent and Id never dream of leaving my son alone! Just because these 2 people are doctors it seems by the media reaction that its ok.

If Maddy's parents were my GP and I told them id left my son in bed asleep while I went to the shop 50yards away from my house, what would they do when I walked out of the room, they would be straight on the phone to all the appropriate agencies!

If this girls parent was a single working class parent she would be public enemy number 1! We all know this is true, but just because they are doctors nothing has been said on the news or papers that its wrong!!!

Dont get me wrong I really hope she is found safe and well and I wouldnt wish what the parents are feeling on my worst enemy.
  13. lauraloo

lauraloo Registered User

i would of thought the fact that the parents were doctors would have been something more interesting to report in the paper as 'they should have known better'

i just think people are quick to point blame when in fact its the sickos in this world we should be blaming. and im sorry people who play the 'im a parent and i would never have left my child alone' card...ur telling me uve never gone to the toilet and left ur child in another room, never gone outside to take the rubbish to the bin, not to scare people but if someone is watching ur child they dont need hours and hours to snatch them, they can do it in minutes, which is my point i made earlier about the child who was taken from her bath with ther parents in the house!
  14. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

I can safely say, until my son turning 3ish Iv never left him in a room alone, if I went in the kitchen to wash my dishes, he would be in there with me, if i went in the bath he would be in the bathroom with me

it seems the parents are bringing their kids up how their parents brought them up and thats wrong, my mam left me in the house all night asleep while she was next door (with a monitor) but you done that in the 70/80's, my older brother walked to school alone across 2 busy roads at 4 year old, my son wont walk to school alone until he turns 10/11, then I will make sure I know he is at school safe.

I agree It is the sicko's we should be blaming for all this and we will when they are caught, but those 2 should have known better, especially being GP's as they will have seen kids from all walks of life in their surgery and I bet reported a few parents to social services etc.
  15. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Re: That 3 Year Old..

I am over the moon about the pain they are going through because of this kidnapping.

What else are you hoping for, that the kidnapper is a peado? I bet you want the parents to be sent one of little Maddys arms in the post becaue that will teach them.

Regardless of the wrongs on parents behalf, I do not think you or anyone else should be saying they deserve this ANGUISH.
  16. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

No, but that has nothing to do with it!

As for you saying "can you say you've never left a child alone while you've went to the toilet" is completely different. Are you a parent? would you leave your kid alone in a FOREIGN hotel room while you went to a restaurant to have a meal? If you don't think that is bad parenting then god fucking help your children.

Maybe you're right about saying if they wanted the kid bad enough they would of got her, but it would of been a hell of alot harder if the parents were around them like they're supposed to be. If they then went missing while they were in a different room then within minutes they'll of known she had gone and could of gave chase.
  17. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I have recieved about 3 request to join facebook groups to bring her back, and I'm sorry but whilst it's very sad that she's missing, I don't think this is going to make much difference.
  18. GeordieLee

GeordieLee Registered User

What was with the minute's silence?

I associate that with mourning dead people.

Also, all the flowers/teddies etc in her home town looks like a shrine.

Its all very weird.
  19. Karl51

Karl51 Registered User

not 4 florists £££ hahaha :D :eek: ;)
  20. Ness

Ness Registered User

:clap:
    well said. if they'd left a 3year old alone in the house in this country while they went for a meal they'd be arrested.

altho i wouldnt wish it on anyone, and this may sound harsh, i think the parents have only got themselves to blame.