Shindig lineup 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conway, Jan 25, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

The Den is shite and Melt is right about Kids
    Mike Louth likes this.
  2. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

Just get one of The Beast's he's popping loads out
  3. Mike Louth

Mike Louth Digitally Imported

To be fair, all of those places are a bit grim. Especially legends :facepalm:
  4. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

nope

that's more like it...back garden it is.
  5. MELT

MELT Registered User

are you guys moving at all then???
  6. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

when we announced our lineups for the first half of this year back in Jan, we also said that these would be the last 10 parties at Warehouse34 - Hoults Yard... so yes - this will take us up to the end of 2012.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=15683

Speculate as much as you want...but ShindigW34 was only ever planned to be something that would happen over 2years and not be a permanent home.

Still 7 parties there left though.. :)
    Conway likes this.
  7. MELT

MELT Registered User

i am not speculating I am asking a question based on rumours that were floating around....a simple YES or no would suffice

I think hoults yard as a venue isnt all that (just a personal opinion), whereas SHINDIG as an event istop drawer and continuously sets the bar few others can match

PS: i miss AIR records (SHOP) THE PHYSICAL ONE on high bridge
  8. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

well you did speculate as you chucked a few reasons as to why you thought we were moving :) which couldn't be further from our reasoning; anyway we love Warehouse34 and think its been and still is for a long time yet an amazing venue for us, a perfect empty space thats allowed us to do things we've never been able to do before.

Being at a venue like Warehouse34 over Shindig's 20th Anniversary plays a big part in whats next, you don't want things to get boring now do you? ;-)

happy days.
  9. MELT

MELT Registered User

10. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

No doubt the old guard can and will come out when the situation is right, but putting on events to an ever decreasing fanbase of people who knew when 'it was better' is risky, and the kids just go to whatever is cool.

No doubt you have it right with what you do, and that's why the cooperage before xmas was absolutely FIRST CLASS. I'm speaking more to a new generation of impressionable 16-18 to 23 year olds who are more into being seen on facebook than they are risking experiencing a vibe that only people knocking on, or past the age of 30 know about.

The toon is even worse cos the pure saturation of beer monster locations to suck up the trade means you are onto a loser before you've even started.
    Rigsby420 likes this.
  11. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Only 1 old skool event to go to this year: http://www.legendsicehockey.co.uk/ YOU KNOW IT!
  12. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

ha bloody hell, i might actually... been a while. I'm back in Newcastle that weekend too :)
  13. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Im a warehouse lover - reasons for producing a good rave - its dirty, secluded, dancefloor is direct and the layout easily allows everything to centre around the performance of the djs
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

I think the point is tho without sounding arsey is that W34 is not all that as a "warehouse"

it could easily have been designed with a second room at the top end, the bar area is piss poor and considering that there was a whack of coin spent on soundproofing the place it aint all that

the building next door which is sometimes featured on some event flyers but which isn't W34 which has the most amazing ornate windows and is much bigger is seriously some next level shit and if there was ever any money ploughed into that to develop it as a space and soundproof it IT WOULD BE THE MOST AMAZING VENUE SPACE IN NEWCASTLE - if this is the plan I WOULD BE VERY IMPRESSED and it takes a lot for a venue space to impress me.

the think tank iks another space which if it was run in conjunction with W34 and was also soundproofed would be a welcome addition as a 2nd chillout area for clubbers to escape the main room.

howay get it sorted :wink:
  15. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Both the MJC and Carl Cox events are completely sold out. Not even any tickets on the door now.

Respect :up:
    Neil B likes this.
  16. Congay

Congay Registered User

Cox is retiring this year. (my sources tell me)
  17. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Are these the same legendary sources that give you your footy tips? ;)
    Rigsby420 likes this.
  18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i

great , go a big day that day so cant go see the monkey rock it ,however , he is nolonger the 3 deck wizard as he uses a laptop to dj , or is it cd's??? not sure , but defo not vinyl. been in many a clip when he's been on

still , has played mint music since 'the good old days'..... gutted i cant go thou
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

carl cox 20th birthday at hoults was never NOT going to sell out

the place holds 500 comfortably, 700 uncomfortably.....and surely the last two times cox has played digital he has pulled IN EXCESS OF 1000

I remember about 3 years ago when it was so rammed in digital when he played you could barely move.

I reckon lots of old skool punters to flyer tho :wink:
  20. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    u got a flyer'er to do it like mono as u will be on the other side of the country that night
    Rigsby420 likes this.