Shindig has left the building ..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scoobzshindig, Mar 27, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. David Lee

David Lee Dexter's Apprentice

BIGGER is not always BETTER ..
  2. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

GIVE THEM A TEMP HOME!!!!
  3. empireevents

empireevents

we got our own institution to rebuild ;)

Shindig moving to another town would be like Alan Shearer wearing a sunderland shirt and waving at the mackem army!

an instituton that will last longer then any bloke in a suite and trendy designer glasses whos business is on the stock market.
  4. TheSpence

:p :lol:

I loved it when your institution came to our city, mid week clubbing at its very best.
  5. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

:lol: Yeah shindig belongs in newcastle, its as much newcastle as cheryl tweedys bucket machine...
  6. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Doesn't the "board council" think now would be an apt time to flyer stone love/shindig/turbulence fans on Northumberland Street directing them to all the gos on the board?

Look at all these lot coming out the woodwork?

If recent threads are anything to go by, they will be producing threads at a rate of about 3 each.
  7. TheSpence

A post on http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22848667368 is a must.
  8. empireevents

empireevents

i must have been 15 when that happened, i remember putting the posters up. jeremy healy and eggs in a basket on the poster and smokin jo one gig

also recall at the same time 150 coppers on tyne tees television raiding Legends where it was held at (correct?), something was in those eggs Spense, something!!
  9. TheSpence

Aye, it was Legends. Everytime I hear; Duke - So In Love With You, it reminds me of Sugar Shack In The City. They were cracking nights.

Wonder what was in those eggs:D
  10. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

There's some wet comments in here like.
  11. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

i hope all nights have the best of luck.

sounds like a right admin arse-on more than anything! so will this mean digital will put on mimic nights to catch the people that arent in the know? i hope not. And is evolve moving? according to the facebook it says:

but quote from tulip says:

or does that mean it's leaving with the "creators" of digital? i havent a clue, its all rather confusing.

however tho i wish the best of luck to all the nights involved, especially shindig - even though i dont really go often, its a dance night in newcastle that's been there for about 75-80% of my lifespan (ish) and even my mam went there when i was a nippa, its def got a hardcore crowd of 5-600+ and still remains to put on amazing line-ups. (i'm still looking forward to coxy like, regardless of venue!)

i wish luck to Evolve, although its an extremly shoddy attempt at recreating promise at an unworthy venue, with an unappriciative crowd. (however @ rossy - you must be a right victim, i was there at a hardstyle night and it was great no trouble and good crack with random clueless charvers in the bogs, and i know a good few indie kids who went to the SvD night and sourfully admitted it was amazing too - trouble free etc. a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time perhaps? if so its an isolated case and cannot describe a night in general. e.g: the monkey - for 95% of ragies who go without having trouble = "puh-you-ah waxa" but for the 1 or 4 people who got chived = propa shit, never again. clubbing statistics brought to you by jon snow. )

Stonelove and jukebox keeps the indie kids safe off the streets and allways should be well valued. and i heard it was RAMMED at the ballrooms last event (obv.)

Turbulance should of stayed at the uni for the sheer ambiance and suitability of the venue for a drum and bass night. have been to turbulance at the uni a few times and once at digital. it would never be the same, or indeed as good - the valve soundsystem in such acoustic conditions was well fun at the Uni :D

still good luck to where ever it goes, and i hope wax-on moves, and then mabey i'll actually want to go.

hmmm, i cant think of a better time when a new, fresh dance night can start like. with probably the best lineup that newcastles seen, not in digital, since the fall of Jnr like :D

Toon Clubbing is going to be great if we're all going to have to go to different places all the time, thank fuck for this "new-age" Variety.

and @ that article: :eek: rather deep and informative, however doesent really explain why the clubnights have huffed it!

and at Gibson: you said to much by saying that you knew something, that goes without saying :dunce:

my predictions are: slight Refurb/layout change, New promotors coming in (i'm guessing Goodgreef for one) and new nights being put up.

however i dont think anyone's gonna come close to touchin the Dig in terms of the crowd it pulls in.
  12. Play

Play Registered User

says wella and chrisy g on tonight .. .

http://www.utopianleisure.com/digital/

What a shame this has all went up like this. Newcastle clubbing has never been so healthy.

Much respect for the nights sticking together though, they are all a massive part of Newcastle clubbing and so they should be.

Jim Rivers @ Stereo tonight.. . . rammed is not the word!!! I think it's goin to be a Shindig to remember.
  13. Carson

Carson Registered User

There used to be a DJ at the New Monkey called Chrissy G, hope its not the same one & I hope this isnt Digitals new style
  14. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VWRyGugfFY"]YouTube- Chrissy G , Turbo D , Powerhouse 2004.[/ame]
  15. Elektro_Tek

Elektro_Tek Registered User

16. Carson

Carson Registered User

17. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

Imagine if you didnt have the internet, and went along to Digital as usual tonight expecting shindig and that was on :lol:
  18. adam.

adam. kthxbi

right as you know ive been in ireland and had a call off char on thursday night to tell me this news, its a bit mad like.

there really isnt a club big enough to house these nights, whq possibly, but apart from that...?

it seems sad, we all knew it was going that way but fucking hell, the centre for life will be hosting nights like klubbed out and wigan pier before the springs out !
  19. adam.

adam. kthxbi

and what the hells on tonight ?

are they going to move that facemelter thing to digital then ?
  20. TheSpence

The scabs play house music & will be playing it tonight. They are not going to be whacking out scouse house ffs.